Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JER-LHR launching

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by allturnleft
For those concerned re short trips; it was highlighted up thread that you could get a test prior to leaving (within 72 hours) so you could travel knowing you are negative
How easy would it be to get a test though? The NHS won’t do tests just for people to go on holiday.

It would also put me off going to Jersey when I have to get my own test, when I could fly to most EU countries without one. It’s a hard decision between tourism and being COVID free.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by BAeuro
How easy would it be to get a test though? The NHS won’t do tests just for people to go on holiday.

It would also put me off going to Jersey when I have to get my own test, when I could fly to most EU countries without one. It’s a hard decision between tourism and being COVID free.
You would have to get a private test ; which may be easier if you live in central london
Agree its not ideal. , already have a weekend set up so am prepared for a bit of faff. If travelling casually and not yet planned probably not worth it
Old Jul 1, 2020, 2:52 am
Original Poster

You would have to get a private test ; which may be easier if you live in central london
Agree its not ideal. , already have a weekend set up so am prepared for a bit of faff. If travelling casually and not yet planned probably not worth it
They’ve also spaced the flights they’re allowing in out, so hopefully the test queue shouldn’t be too bad as long as you’re travelling HBO and choose a sensible seat.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:36 am

Keen to get people's opinions. Do you think the JER service will return to LGW in September or are BA just doing the transfers in batches?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:45 am

Keen to get people's opinions. Do you think the JER service will return to LGW in September or are BA just doing the transfers in batches?
I would love to have some certainty too as I would like to book a September trip but I'm reluctant if the airport is going to change after booking so Heathrow or Gatwick decision now for September would be wonderful.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I obviouly have no idea whatsoever! However, I do note from the Wiki on this related thread that LGW seems to be continuing to operate BA’s “Caribbean” schedules. It seems strange to me that no connectivity is provided for JER.

As I’m sure I’ve noted already, our September JER-UK-ANU remains a mystery, which will hopefully be revealed at some point in around 2 months’ time.
sunshinebob likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Just listened to the debate on JER to confirm that the boarders will open on Friday, as previously described in this thread
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:30 pm

It also seems they are aware of the day trippers and want to ensure a plan is in place to allow them. I am still cautious about how it will work if I have left the island before my results, so I will hold off booking for now. Let’s hope BA don’t hike fares.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by navylad
Just listened to the debate on JER to confirm that the boarders will open on Friday, as previously described in this thread
For those planning a visit to visit our gorgeous island we are indeed open from Friday and this link provides information on what is required before you come. I am a local volunteer heritage guide so really looking forward to seeing you soon.

https://www.gov.je/News/2020/Pages/BordersTesting.aspx
Registration information on visiting Jersey, testing information and what will happen if you test positive.

Some clarification on BA use of LHR or LGW would make it easier for all involved.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:22 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
BA2770 LHR-JER is airborne and en route - JER is open for business again. It’s a happy day!
T8191, wrp96, navylad and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by jmd
BA2770 LHR-JER is airborne and en route - JER is open for business again. It’s a happy day!
And, if I may mention them, the EZY rotation JER/LGW at c. 2000/2100.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT

The NHS won’t know any different. Anybody in the UK can book a test now. I had one earlier this week and one of the reasons was my employer wants me to have one.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
And, if I may mention them, the EZY rotation JER/LGW at c. 2000/2100.
I was on the JER-LGW rotation. Fully booked but only about a half load - apparently a lot of people had booked pre COVID and couldn’t cancel because the flight was actually operating.

Very smooth flight, even faster than the usual JER-LGW hop.

other news is that the JER lounge will reopen on 10 July, which is a good thing as everything else in the terminal is closed. Not sure if it will just open for the BA flight or EasyJet and Blue Islands too.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
The NHS won’t know any different. Anybody in the UK can book a test now. I had one earlier this week and one of the reasons was my employer wants me to have one.
How quick was your result?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
How quick was your result?
Test was 11am Tuesday text and email with results 5.30am the following morning so less than 24 hours.
allturnleft likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.