Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JER-LHR launching

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by tom139
Does anyone know the operational status of the lounge at JER? Is it accepting BA and OW FF?
IIRC it will accept BA/OW pax from 1st June.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Quick update from the lounge at JER. It’s fully running now, with the alcoholic bar back. Sadly (and contrary to some of the posts above) you still can’t get in with a BA ticket or FF status - it’s PP, LoungeKey or cash (Ł15). All the BA branding remains, the staff still wear BA uniforms and the WiFi login is BA branded.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
How annoying! I assume things might improve when we get back to something like our old BA frequency.

Can one pay the Ł15 at the door, I wonder? Although the upstairs Departures seating area is pleasant enough ... we can survive for quite a while without alcohol!!
Never Stansted likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
How annoying! I assume things might improve when we get back to something like our old BA frequency.

Can one pay the Ł15 at the door, I wonder? Although the upstairs Departures seating area is pleasant enough ... we can survive for quite a while without alcohol!!
the Ł15 offering continues!
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Quick update from the lounge at JER. It’s fully running now, with the alcoholic bar back. Sadly (and contrary to some of the posts above) you still can’t get in with a BA ticket or FF status - it’s PP, LoungeKey or cash (Ł15). All the BA branding remains, the staff still wear BA uniforms and the WiFi login is BA branded.
so presumably nice and quiet (not crowded) for us PP cardholders!
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Physci
so presumably nice and quiet (not crowded) for us PP cardholders!
Personally, not sure I/we want to pay for yet another card just for a coffee and a pastry. 😳
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:59 am
Original Poster

10 rows of CE on this afternoon’s LHR-JER! Those Jersey vaccination passports are starting to kick in...
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Personally, not sure I/we want to pay for yet another card just for a coffee and a pastry. 😳
Who pays for a PP card?
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Really good news out of JER today: essentially if you are fully vaccinated (meaning both doses at least 2 weeks ago in the CTA) you will be treated as a green arrival (a few hours' isolation until the first test comes back negative and a day 8 test) even if the area you've been to is red. If the area you've been to is green or amber, you'll just need a day 0 test with no isolation at all.

https://www.gov.je/News/2021/Pages/S...velUpdate.aspx
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Really good news out of JER today: essentially if you are fully vaccinated (meaning both doses at least 2 weeks ago in the CTA) you will be treated as a green arrival (a few hours' isolation until the first test comes back negative and a day 8 test) even if the area you've been to is red. If the area you've been to is green or amber, you'll just need a day 0 test with no isolation at all.

Cant say I'm that thrilled with their reasoning here, I've done my vaccines in the usa, which will be totally disregarded by the states as non CTA. Sure, 99% of arrivals are probably vaccinated in CTA, but it seems a little inconsistent.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aceman
Cant say I'm that thrilled with their reasoning here, I've done my vaccines in the usa, which will be totally disregarded by the states as non CTA. Sure, 99% of arrivals are probably vaccinated in CTA, but it seems a little inconsistent.
they are looking at extending it shortly from what I’ve heard today.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Physci
Who pays for a PP card?
I pay for my dad's , but that just coz I love him and he would not pay it himself. Its a small price to pay against the huge debt of gratitude I owe him for just being my dad for the last 57 years.
catmndu and T8191 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:37 pm

It would be nice if fully vaccinated green arrivals had no tests at all, but I guess that’s too much to ask.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BAeuro
It would be nice if fully vaccinated green arrivals had no tests at all, but I guess that’s too much to ask.
it's a free test on arrival... or you can play pre-departure rejected test bingo
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 11:48 am

Jersey changing requirements again:

From Tuesday 15 June, passengers with a red travel history, who have been fully vaccinated within the UK, Republic of Ireland, Guernsey or Isle of Man, will need a test on arrival and only need to isolate until their first negative test result. They'll also be tested on day 8.The UK will move to a Green and Red classification only, with the removal of Amber from the traffic light system. The new Green classification will cover the previous Green and Amber classifications.
https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronaviru...velAdvice.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.