Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JER-LHR launching

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:29 am

It is a stunning place for a holiday, but then I'm biased. If you want to sample our scenery you can watch THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF JERSEY. We are not all like them promise! We have history spanning neanderthal to ww2, great food, beaches and super people of course!
Rubecula likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
It is a stunning place for a holiday, but then I'm biased. If you want to sample our scenery you can watch THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF JERSEY. We are not all like them promise! We have history spanning neanderthal to ww2, great food, beaches and super people of course!
Totally- a big fan of the island! Will be interesting if the UK gvt decide to class Jersey as a Domestic destination however.. keeping fingers crossed they do so can squeeze a trip in pre 17 May.. suspect they’ll block it however.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
Watching it with the volume muted is recommended 😂
T8191 and londonba2014 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
Watching it with the volume muted is recommended 😂
We endured it for about 10 minutes. The lunch-time bling, common accents and swearing caused a programme change.

I was briefly excited by aircraft noise about 10 minutes ago ... not BA, but the Mail Plane (737) off to East Midlands. Oh well, one day soon, perhaps!
Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:23 am

With Jersey announcing it's traffic light approach from the 26 April; I wanted to find out a few questions if anyone can recall details from last summers approach?

1.) What day did the updated stats relating to each UK region come out each week?
2.) Presume the expectation is that results from an airport test should still pop through in under 12 hours?
3.) How is Jersey at the moment, does it feel quite normal!?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 10, 2021, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no detailed lersonal knowledge but ...
1) No idea, we in JE just tend to follow UK.
2) Airport Test Facility now being extended to Private Testing, so I could assume the regime will remain quick and efficient.
3) Largely “normal” from a resident’s POV. The details AFAIK are summarised at https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronaviru...onRoadmap.aspx
Old Apr 10, 2021, 10:31 am

Will they consider letting vaccinated pax in without test/isolation?
Old Apr 10, 2021, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Will they consider letting vaccinated pax in without test/isolation?
No local indication of that. The Free Pass with Vaccination is a global debate, involving discrimination issues!

Again, gov.je is my only source of credible info!
BAeuro likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
I have no detailed lersonal knowledge but ...
1) No idea, we in JE just tend to follow UK.
2) Airport Test Facility now being extended to Private Testing, so I could assume the regime will remain quick and efficient.
3) Largely “normal” from a resident’s POV. The details AFAIK are summarised at https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronaviru...onRoadmap.aspx
Enormously helpful - thank you!
Old Apr 11, 2021, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Enormously helpful - thank you!
Regards your point 1.if memory serves me well and they revert to what they did before it was a regular mid week refresh of the categories. My expectation is that this will re-commence shortly in good time for the re-opening of the hotels to non locals on 26th April.

I had my test back overnight when I came back to JER in September last year and I have had work related government tests that came back in about 12 hours

Regards how does it feel here. I did a staycation recently and it was superb! I combined it with a lovely walk on the beach and a visit to one of our amazing neolithic burial sites. You can visit pubs inside and our distance guidelines move to 1 meter from tomorrow. Our historic sites and great zoo are all open.

travel categories will be updated here.
https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/Travel/Pages/CoronavirusTravelAdvice.aspx
Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From Saturday's Jersey Evening Post ,,, re Item 2) in thi list in my reply ... very helpful for those needing a PCR test for outward journeys ... the typical requirement of test at T-36h was always going to be a bit challenging when samples had to go to UK for processing!

Old Apr 11, 2021, 5:37 pm

I hope Jersey consider relaxing some of their rules come peak summer. If not, B2Bs, day trips and one night stays will be pretty much out of the question even for ‘green’ regions.

Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:27 am
Original Poster

If you’re coming from a green area post-26 April you can do a pre-departure test rather than a test on arrival I think, which would probably be best for short breaks so you don’t lose the first 12 hours to quarantine.
KARFA and BAeuro like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
If you’re coming from a green area post-26 April you can do a pre-departure test rather than a test on arrival I think, which would probably be best for short breaks so you don’t lose the first 12 hours to quarantine.
ah this is an interesting option. The only sting seems to be you need to submit the test result for approval prior to arrival rather than just show the result on arrival?

https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronaviru...velAdvice.aspx

To meet the approval criteria, the test must:
  • have been conducted within 72 hours prior to actual arrival in Jersey
  • be a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test
  • show a negative result
  • show the full name of the arriving passenger
  • be submitted for approval a minimum of 12 hours prior to planned arrival in Jersey
  • have been performed by an approved laboratory as below
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
ah this is an interesting option. The only sting seems to be you need to submit the test result for approval prior to arrival rather than just show the result on arrival?

https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronaviru...velAdvice.aspx
yep, agreed. I cannot see the current system lasting that long to be honest, as soon as there is a meaningful number of flights testing everyone three times isn’t going to be plausible (especially as it’s reliant on the airport drive-through test centre and most tourists won’t have cars). But the ‘isolate until a first negative’ thing is weirdly controversial on the island so wouldn’t surprise me if that bit stays in place for the summer.

amusingly as a Jersey resident it sounds like I could take a short break in the UK and rely on a negative obtained in Jersey before my travel even started so long as it complied with their 72-hour rule..
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.