Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pitiful [pre and in-flight F service to SFO]

Pitiful [pre and in-flight F service to SFO]

Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Great snarky response I was responding to your statement around cost savings and comparison with what LH were doing
I understand that but LH was offering a proper C and F product even before they received the 9 billions. So as i said it is irrelevant.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ermis177
Hang on. BA is saving 5-10 per 5k+ ticket with the current F meal product and that has saved the route? LH must be struggling for survival with their proper F product...
Lufthansa has nothing to do with it. They are based in Frankfurt not London.
dougzz likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Lufthansa has nothing to do with it. They are based in Frankfurt not London.
Of course it does. I know it is hard to believe but some people do fly with other airlines and can compare...
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177
Hang on. BA is saving 5-10 per 5k+ ticket with the current F meal product and that has saved the route? LH must be struggling for survival with their proper F product...
Whilst you consider the bailout irrelevant, you understand LH were literally 'struggling for survival', they were insolvent until that bailout. If you run a business not for profit but simply to provide the best possible product, then that's not the fairest comparison to competitors.

But most importantly since LH don't fly SFO-LHR it wasn't a choice to the OP.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Ah, the service will return. Lets not get too stressed about all of this in the short term. Its not like anyone is really flying.

I cant even go out for a meal in London. Things will slowly go back.

BA arent stupid, they need to compete and that means returning to normal. Patience.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by dougzz
But most importantly since LH don't fly SFO-LHR it wasn't a choice to the OP.
That is exactly it. SFO-FRA-LHR is a completely different product from SFO-LHR. How people balance 5 hours of their life vs a decent meal is a personal choice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.