Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alex Cruz responds to BA critics

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Dominic Raab grilled by ITN on BA shedding jobs today at the daily press conference. I don't think the issue is going away any time soon
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
He should take his millions and resign and stop talking.
I second that ,
He doesn't enjoy the confidence of the employees or the customers.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by BOH
Yes but that is not really fair at the moment, only 35 pax on board is not really justification for suggesting they have an easy life! Easier only at the moment but I’m sure all BA staff would like the situation pre CV19
I think we need to drop Alex an email, and suggest the crew pay now be linked to the number of passengers on the aircraft - even though the number of crew required is mandated by law. He'll be keen I'm sure :-)
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Talking about the law, Raffles,
I trust you will post the Lord Hendy note - on behalf of Unite - which WW has sent to the MPs. Unite told BA exactly what the law allowed!

I detest the way that BA has gone about this, but Unite told them what they had todo!!

How bizarre!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Careful Flygirl, someone might suggest that would give you enough time to have a sleep, what more do you need! Oh yes, remember you also need to make enough time to get down to the supermarket to buy yourself some food to prepare, you don’t deserve to eat in a restaurant like ordinary people do, you are only cabin crew and eating in your room should be more than enough for you.
And remember too that after clearing from the trip, you’ll only need 12 hours (or total duty time for the return sector if more than 12 hours) before doing it all again as a lovely back 2 back. Of course to keep energy levels and sanity levels in check, we will all be popping pills like they are going out of fashion, or straight up snorting lines of coke in the galleys as a drop in passenger satisfaction scores on ‘dashboards’ will lead to docked wages and disciplinary processes. What a wonderful environment and how wonderfully engaged we
all shall be. It’s going to be a wonderful place to work. I’m full of optimism all of a sudden. *wipes white powered from under nose* “of course sir, another Bloody Mary coming right up, just after I clean up all that vomit your child has spewed everywhere as a letting them eat a whole packet of wine gums was obviously a fantastic decision”. “I’m so happy to work here”.
as for the Nigels, it will be permanent ‘controlled rest’ from wheels up until flaps 1 on approach. Safety and customer satisfaction at it’s finest. I just hope they don’t dare offer the pax in F anything more than the slightly tarted up crew food in a box! Don’t want them getting away with it and costing the shareholder a penny in dividend payments now do we? “We are all in this together”.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
No it doesn't. The Delta stake is worthless.

Any new investment could easily be done by issuing huge numbers of new shares, bought equally by Virgin Group and a new investor, which diluted Delta down to virtually zero. This is relatively common practice. Delta is not allowed to put more money into VS as a condition of its own bailout.
Except there are protections under the Companies Act 2006 to prevent this. A 75% shareholder vote is needed for certain actions and Delta could also petition the courts for unfair prejudice.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:30 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, there have - once again - been far too many examples of rule 12 breaches and personal spats in yet another thread. The mod team members really, really have much better things to do than spend our time deleting posts from both sides of the argument, and this is becoming incredibly tiresome and frustrating. We’ve played out the explanation enough times as to how this petty squabbling drives people away from Flyertalk. Members really should be savvy enough to understand that.

So, enough. Thread closed.

The BA mod team
Silver Fox and Gastrocnemius like this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jun 15, 2020 at 3:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.