Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 24, 20, 1:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Temporary COVID rations, effective 25 October 2020

Euro Traveller
Bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, mineral water, Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1: to go bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot (filled croissant and yoghurt pot or muffin on early morning flights), and mineral water.
Bands 2 to 4: snack box containing a sandwich, small side salad, dessert pot (filled croissant and yoghurt pot on early morning flights), and mineral water.

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner service:
Primary meal comprises of a hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water
Secondary meal is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water

Primary breakfast service
Primary meal comprises of a hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club World:
Primary lunch/dinner service:
Primary meal includes a hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water, or a sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water as an afternoon snack

Primary breakfast service:
Primary meal includes a hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water
Secondary meal is a sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, a starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water. A hot main (pre-covid WT equivalent offering) and trio of dessert/cheese pots
Secondary meal includes a sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 17, 20, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Be careful, I've been taking easyJet flights quite a lot of late and they are not serving any fresh food on their services because of the coronavirus.
Indeed, but my point was more that the pricing probably better reflects the onboard offering than Club Europe right now.
lhrpete, orbitmic, bafan and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tdgraves View Post
forgot to take a photo of return but quality way worse. Food looked like it should have been in economy. Chicken and quinoa salad followed by a cheap chicken mayo roll, horrible cheesecake and something akin to dairylea with crackers. Yuck.
Is the half sandwich the "main"? Tells you all you need to know if they're not even willing to give you an entire sandwich.
bafan likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by Tdgraves View Post
forgot to take a photo of return but quality way worse. Food looked like it should have been in economy. Chicken and quinoa salad followed by a cheap chicken mayo roll, horrible cheesecake and something akin to dairylea with crackers. Yuck.
What I can't understand is why is there a bottle of water when you can get as much water as you want from the bar service. Get rid of it and they could afford to pay for the missing half of the sandwich
Old Sep 17, 20, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver
Originally Posted by philthegreek View Post
What I can't understand is why is there a bottle of water when you can get as much water as you want from the bar service. Get rid of it and they could afford to pay for the missing half of the sandwich
I was thinking exactly this, bulking out the box contents with water is exceptionally cheap. It's patently obvious the water is there because it is cheaper than sandwich on a weight and volume basis.
ENTP likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by cosmo74 View Post
Is the half sandwich the "main"? Tells you all you need to know if they're not even willing to give you an entire sandwich.
Quite. As someone posted up thread, the epidemic is no excuse for cutting either the quality or quantity of whatever they chuck in the box or bag.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cosmo74 View Post
yes, but on the return it was a soft round roll and not as tasty. At least the outbound salad actually resembled CW food...
Old Sep 17, 20, 2:54 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
Not the same, I have 'voted' by complaining. If BA misrepresents my complaint as unresolvable due to some force majeure, I am not wasting my time attempting to get them to accept something they clearly never will.
Totally agree here.

From my experience and the examples we have seen here it seems that BA totally ignores most of the complains with some ridiculous excuse. Sandwich in CE? We want to keep you safe and we follow health experts advice! Filthy planes? We are deep cleaning our airplanes after each flight!

This kind of replies shows that BA defies logic. It gets to a point that you are thinking you are been treated like a brainless person.

i do understand the argument ' have you complained about this? have you let BA know'? but it gets a bit tiring to have to complain for some absolute basic things such as a clean plane or a decent meal in CE.
Old Sep 17, 20, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by bafan View Post
Quite. As someone posted up thread, the epidemic is no excuse for cutting either the quality or quantity of whatever they chuck in the box or bag.
BA obviously believe it is and continue to hide behind that excuse.
bafan and esledo like this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
I do understand the argument ' have you complained about this? have you let BA know'? but it gets a bit tiring to have to complain for some absolute basic things such as a clean plane or a decent meal in CE.
We were advised by many here to complain, that I get.

But restating the complaint again, and presumably several times, until the point ‘lands’, would be approaching Stockholm syndrome.
SW7London, orbitmic and ermis177 like this.
Old Sep 18, 20, 12:52 am

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by worldtrav View Post
BA obviously believe it is and continue to hide behind that excuse.
True, but to be fair, many other airlines are using Covid as an excuse to engage in extreme cost cutting
Old Sep 18, 20, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Am I right in thinking we're past the grim coleslaw sarnie and back to the Caesar butty?
Old Sep 18, 20, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by ENTP View Post
Am I right in thinking we're past the grim coleslaw sarnie and back to the Caesar butty?
If the rotations are cyclical then as of yesterday, yes, thank God (even though the crew thought the boxes were coleslaw / hummus!).
ENTP likes this.
Old Sep 18, 20, 12:57 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
If the rotations are cyclical then as of yesterday, yes, thank God (even though the crew thought the boxes were coleslaw / hummus!).
Any idea how long the rotations are?
Old Sep 18, 20, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAGGL, TK Elite, Accor Gold, Hilton Dia, IHG Spire
Pedantic point. Does anyone else think this should say enjoy your meal? Although a menu might have more nutritional value than some of the recent offerings.

cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 20, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich View Post
Pedantic point. Does anyone else think this should say enjoy your meal
Nope.

Mini-Rant. "Enjoy your Menu!"
Amil and wrp96 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: