Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by nederlander79

Don't get me wrong. I love this thread. It's kept me going through the darkest of days quite often with a LOL. I just wanted to add a sample of the sizes of crockery/cutlery pre-Covid. From left to right QR/NZ/BA.
Unless I’m missing something...this (photo​​​​​​) really is indicative of BA and their focus on cost. Very sad.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.

Don't get me wrong. I love this thread. It's kept me going through the darkest of days quite often with a LOL. I just wanted to add a sample of the sizes of crockery/cutlery pre-Covid. From left to right QR/NZ/BA. I can add the plates, bowls and fake candles (obs not BA) but someone will surely be along to scold me and blame me for the demise of aviation so let's leave that for now.

I don't really have a point to make, or prove. But I just found it laughable the fact BA's stuff is so much smaller than other airlines.

I don't particularly think you should all be surprised about the current catering as everything has been a step down vs everyone else for years. There are business reasons why - sure. A lot of us on here hold decent jobs. We accept what needs to happen in the 'real world' to stay afloat, in terms of cost cutting.

What I do question though (and I'm Manchester based - granted), is why on Earth you'd chase status and still fly with them? I actually find it very disturbing that so many intelligent people have fallen completely for their 'loyalty' scheme. "I must be Gold" - clearly logically there is no point getting past Silver 600 TP (and less now) and then switching getting * or Sky status. Maybe I'm being silly but you are propping up a Spanish company that is, quite frankly s###, for a wine that is 50p dearer than the one in Galleries (if it's open anywhere other then LHR) and some sh##e food that really is taken from a trough and served to you. There's no fresh about it. (regardless of the reviews, it's the same old cheap food, table served and even in CCR - even Wetherspoons and Itsu are at a far higher standard).

I'll leave it there, but every so often I wonder .... I know people will disagree. Please do. I know it works for some people and I'm jealous. In Manchester it bloody doesn't Stay safe
Did you manage to buy those all on eBay?

Delighted to hear that from MAN you’ve decided to assess each route and airline on a cost/benefit analysis basis, particularly as you will frequently be connecting. Unfortunately I’m based in London and find myself forced to fly direct, somehow BA meets my requirements, most of the time, without anyone holding my hand to the fire.

(I do occasionally fly QR &#128513
Old Sep 12, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Looks like the Class Sketch... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_sketch :-)
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
... I don't really have a point to make, or prove. But I just found it laughable the fact BA's stuff is so much smaller than other airlines.
Are those settings in your photograph like for like? Having not travelled in Club World for almost a decade, are the BA items from Club World? Those items look like those I’ve received in Club Europe on my regular MAN-LHR hops.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
The chicken sandwich - can we have a change, please!

While I can see in this thread that some disliked the chicken sandwich from the very begining, I have to admit I quite liked it. But now, after about 10 COVID flighs in Club Europe, I really would like to see a change. The obvious choice, the beetroot sandwhich, is really horrible, I'm afriad.

Perhaps it could also be a heated option, since we are approaching the colder period of the year. I really don't see why this is a covid risk, rather the opposite (heating food above 60°C kills the virus). But anyhow, just a change, even to another cold option, would be great.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL

Don't get me wrong. I love this thread. It's kept me going through the darkest of days quite often with a LOL. I just wanted to add a sample of the sizes of crockery/cutlery pre-Covid. From left to right QR/NZ/BA. I can add the plates, bowls and fake candles (obs not BA) but someone will surely be along to scold me and blame me for the demise of aviation so let's leave that for now.

I don't really have a point to make, or prove. But I just found it laughable the fact BA's stuff is so much smaller than other airlines.

I don't particularly think you should all be surprised about the current catering as everything has been a step down vs everyone else for years. There are business reasons why - sure. A lot of us on here hold decent jobs. We accept what needs to happen in the 'real world' to stay afloat, in terms of cost cutting.

What I do question though (and I'm Manchester based - granted), is why on Earth you'd chase status and still fly with them? I actually find it very disturbing that so many intelligent people have fallen completely for their 'loyalty' scheme. "I must be Gold" - clearly logically there is no point getting past Silver 600 TP (and less now) and then switching getting * or Sky status. Maybe I'm being silly but you are propping up a Spanish company that is, quite frankly s###, for a wine that is 50p dearer than the one in Galleries (if it's open anywhere other then LHR) and some sh##e food that really is taken from a trough and served to you. There's no fresh about it. (regardless of the reviews, it's the same old cheap food, table served and even in CCR - even Wetherspoons and Itsu are at a far higher standard).

I'll leave it there, but every so often I wonder .... I know people will disagree. Please do. I know it works for some people and I'm jealous. In Manchester it bloody doesn't Stay safe
BA, as far as I’m aware, will happily refill your glass/cup as often as you like. At least in my experience.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by swiss_global
While I can see in this thread that some disliked the chicken sandwich from the very begining, I have to admit I quite liked it. But now, after about 10 COVID flighs in Club Europe, I really would like to see a change. The obvious choice, the beetroot sandwhich, is really horrible, I'm afriad.

Perhaps it could also be a heated option, since we are approaching the colder period of the year. I really don't see why this is a covid risk, rather the opposite (heating food above 60°C kills the virus). But anyhow, just a change, even to another cold option, would be great.
Are you asking for a return of the panini?

You might regret it if they do!
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrpete
Are you asking for a return of the panini?
I can absolutely confirm that serving those panini would not be safe in COVID times and probably best not to serve them to edge on the side of caution once COVID has blown over too.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
As expected flight to SKG was a box with a cold croissant.

lounge at lhr was a disgrace. The order system wasn’t working and the staff said they couldn’t manually override it. So sat for 30 mins with nothing available. Asked to speak to the manager. He literally said what do you expect me to do about it. I walked out at this point
Old Sep 13, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
I ate my menu on a morning CE flight ATH > LHR today. Awful, the ham and cheese croissant was dry as, the accompanying fruit salad and Bircher were Lilliputian and the taste not especially memorable to compensate.

Champagne was warm so served with ice, the crew were not very motivated TBH as they didn’t chill the champagne even after that and there was a general ‘it’s all too much’ feeling. Except when they had to tell a few people to remain in their seats on disembarking which they seemed to enjoy (‘as I’ve mentioned several times, please remain seated...’)
lhrpete and IAMORGAN like this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ermis177
Are you sure you flew from LHR? The senator lounge is currently closed. Only the business class is open and the is some kind of hot food but only 1 or 2 options max. Also the food is provided by Do&Co.
It's the LH lounge in T2, I know you can normally walk through to the other part of the lounge which is probably the actual Senator lounge but I don't think there is that much difference between the 2 in normal operation anyway. Either way, I think BA lounges in general have better offerings than LH.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by London21
As expected flight to SKG was a box with a cold croissant.

lounge at lhr was a disgrace. The order system wasn’t working and the staff said they couldn’t manually override it. So sat for 30 mins with nothing available. Asked to speak to the manager. He literally said what do you expect me to do about it. I walked out at this point
Please make sure you feed this back to BA. Having no reversionary mode available when the online system fails is completely unacceptable.
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are those settings in your photograph like for like? Having not travelled in Club World for almost a decade, are the BA items from Club World? Those items look like those I’ve received in Club Europe on my regular MAN-LHR hops.
BA use the stemless glasses in CW for champagne, no? Has been a couple of years since I've been in Club World but fairly sure the little champagne thimbles are CE only. I have no idea about NZ, but that is the same crockery/glassware you would get in short-haul on QR also.

QR's champagne flutes are some of my favourites but I don't actually like the QR mug that much - the BA one is better as the QR one causes drinks to go cold more quickly in my experience.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
What especially gets up the nose is the wording ‘culinary entertainment’ or whatever on the CE box of doom. I mean, whoever came up with that marketing strapline deserves to be slapped repeatedly.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC
So does anyone have an update on the food offering (even if it’s only when they plan to rotate the fillings)?
londonba2014 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.