Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by London21
Flying to Thessaloniki tomorrow in club. Any ideas what the food situation is for that length?

i did faro last week and was a sandwich in a bag.
Expect the same as FAO, but in a box with a tiny salad added
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flying to Thessaloniki tomorrow in club. Any ideas what the food situation is for that length?

No different to your Faro flight, it will be another sandwich in a bag.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Expect the same as FAO, but in a box with a tiny salad added
Indeed, but they presumably should have been there on the FAO flight already!
Old Sep 11, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
No different to your Faro flight, it will be another sandwich in a bag.
Band 4 as it once was gets a box not a bag. As others have said you can eat the box as second meal if you’re hungry!
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Band 4 as it once was gets a box not a bag. As others have said you can eat the box as second meal if you’re hungry!
Thanks for the correction - I had assumed that Band 3 and Band 4 would be similar.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
Thanks for the correction - I had assumed that Band 3 and Band 4 would be similar.
They are exactly similar. As mentioned above, you should have got the exact same box for FAO and anything except band 1. A bag there would be a random catering incident.
Workie Ticket likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold

Faro should have been the "Enjoy your menu" box

Did you sandwich not come in a box ?!
Old Sep 11, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Any news as to when we'll be able to get a beer in ET again, paid for or otherwise? easyJet is getting a lot of my business at the moment just so I can enjoy a Punk IPA or two at 35k feet!
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Faro should have been the "Enjoy your menu" box

Did you sandwich not come in a box ?!
dodnt have the box. Just a chicken sandwich in a bag with a bottle of water
Old Sep 11, 2020, 9:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

dodnt have the box. Just a chicken sandwich in a bag with a bottle of water
So in exchange of 1 sheet of Basildon Bond, 1 envelope, and 1 first class stamp, BA owes you 1 chocolate mousse, 1 mini salad, and 23g of paper pulp
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Prospero
So in exchange of 1 sheet of Basildon Bond, 1 envelope, and 1 first class stamp, BA owes you 1 chocolate mousse, 1 mini salad, and 23g of paper pulp
The mini salad was the tastiest thing on my Pisa - LHR last Sat. Couscous, semi-dried tomatoes and a lemon yogurt base. Really v tasty. The less said about the chicken and coleslaw sandwich the better.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by krispy84
The mini salad was the tastiest thing on my Pisa - LHR last Sat. Couscous, semi-dried tomatoes and a lemon yogurt base. Really v tasty. The less said about the chicken and coleslaw sandwich the better.
Hi,

Could have been worse ( It could have been beetroot!) -I dislike beetroot.

It does sound poor though

Regards

TBS
krispy84 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by krispy84
I was on PSA-LHR a couple of days later. At the end of the meal service it looked like the cabin crew had collected in more than they gave out so much seemed to be sent back.

One of the good things about PSA - unusually, is that as it is a Ryanair heavy airport there are lots of food outlets ready to put something together for you to take on board which is almost guaranteed to be more tasty than the 'enjoy your menu' box.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
F&B offerings LHR-IST?

Has anyone flown this recently in business? Was wondering what to expect in business
Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by enviroian
Has anyone flown this recently in business? Was wondering what to expect in business
Hi.

I would check the covid catering thread but it will be a box with a starter/salad, sandwiches, desert and a bottle of water. No hot option iirc

Tea/coffee,soft drinks, juices and alcohol available from the crew during the flight

Cant post the link at the moment but see dykwia had provided it
Regards

Tbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.