Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by smokie36
A kitkat or crackers?

Such is the simpering British attitude to abhorrent service and why BA feels it can serve such dismal fare without losing custom.

Hilarious.
Originally Posted by krispy84
I didn’t respond to the original post quoted above, but thought at the time it didn’t reflect my view of current CE catering.

I generally aspire to more than a kitkat or crackers in life, and certainly do in a J cabin.
Originally Posted by smokie36
I think any of us who have eaten a COOK meal straight from the oven in a box with a spoon look on at this stupidity and laugh.

Those with a silver service dining life seem to sympathise most i think.
What’s more hilarious is that you think BA is going to offer a full luxury hot meal in CE at this time.

I could have said that I wish BA would add a 5 course hot meal with meat carved at my seat - but that isnt going to happen!

I am looking at the offering pragmatically and sensibly suggesting what else they could put into the box. I know BA used to serve crackers with the CE meal and I know they use snacks like KitKats in the Club Kitchen. They’re wrapped, easy to throw in the box and fairly cheap. I know they aren’t premium per se, but this is where we are.

I too would like the old and better CE offering to come back, but I don’t think it’s viable right now. There definitely could be improvements, yes, but BA is being careful with cash and knows what it can get away with. The reason we can sit here today and know BA won’t go bust is because they are sensible and cautious. I have seen many reports of people slamming BA for offering food because it encourages passengers to take their masks off.

The number of flights for September is a lot lower than July/August and things aren’t recovering smoothly. We’re not out of the woods yet so BA need to be careful.
L1705 and TTmex like this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 10:54 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Talking

Originally Posted by BAeuro
The reason we can sit here today and know BA won’t go bust is because they are sensible and cautious. I have seen many reports of people slamming BA for offering food because it encourages passengers to take their masks off.

The number of flights for September is a lot lower than July/August and things aren’t recovering smoothly. We’re not out of the woods yet so BA need to be careful.
Yeah the initial decision to offer pretzels or biscuits for Band 1,2 but pretzels AND biscuits for Band 3,4 sounds very sensibile. Not to mention the vital and crucial decision to offer bags instead of boxes for Band 1,2 without the starter! Sounds all very sensible to me!

Lets be honest here, BA has been offering the cheapest options many times when it comes to catering. Covid 19 has given them a good excuse to do it again and in extreme ways. The previous post from Singapore to London demostrate exactly this. BA's approach seems to be:
BA: What is the cheapest and minimum option here?
Catering provider: We have this economy meal we used to offer on Scoot and AirAsia flights for Ł0.99
BA:Ok we will take it.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BAeuro
What’s more hilarious is that you think BA is going to offer a full luxury hot meal in CE at this time.

I could have said that I wish BA would add a 5 course hot meal with meat carved at my seat - but that isnt going to happen!

I am looking at the offering pragmatically and sensibly suggesting what else they could put into the box. I know BA used to serve crackers with the CE meal and I know they use snacks like KitKats in the Club Kitchen. They’re wrapped, easy to throw in the box and fairly cheap. I know they aren’t premium per se, but this is where we are.

I too would like the old and better CE offering to come back, but I don’t think it’s viable right now. There definitely could be improvements, yes, but BA is being careful with cash and knows what it can get away with. The reason we can sit here today and know BA won’t go bust is because they are sensible and cautious. I have seen many reports of people slamming BA for offering food because it encourages passengers to take their masks off.

BA need not worry in my case as I'll fly any other airline to avoid their pathetic offerings.
As to your comment on luxury hot meals...we'll take a hot meal simply...they have never had anything luxury on board save a few wines and champagne.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Any idea when BOB miGht make a reappearance in Y?

despite some good value POUGs can’t quite stretch to CE on some services but would love a sandwich and a G&T.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
What's the current offering on a LHR-FAO - have an 08.15 this week and the POUG is very cheap
Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
What's the current offering on a LHR-FAO - have an 08.15 this week and the POUG is very cheap
Hi

It will be a box ( probably a ham and cheese croissant ) with a couple of other items and a bottle of water. Coffee/tea and alcohol will be available.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:15 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

It will be a box ( probably a ham and cheese croissant ) with a couple of other items and a bottle of water. Coffee/tea and alcohol will be available.

Regards

TBS
Frankly with all these cancellations, one feels grateful that there is a flight even though what they are serving is derisory. I have now packed two proper glasses and and small tumbler as I refuse to drink Champagne from a plastic glass and HI can drink his G&Ts from one and wine from the other. My descent to be the next Granny Clampett is nigh complete.

I have not photographed my picnic box so far as, for the same reason that I will not allow myself to be photographed wearing a mask. The sooner that they are forgotten the better.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Frankly with all these cancellations, one feels grateful that there is a flight even though what they are serving is derisory. I have now packed two proper glasses and and small tumbler as I refuse to drink Champagne from a plastic glass and HI can drink his G&Ts from one and wine from the other. My descent to be the next Granny Clampett is nigh complete.

I have not photographed my picnic box so far as, for the same reason that I will not allow myself to be photographed wearing a mask. The sooner that they are forgotten the better.
You're adherence to standards is admirable! Never let them fall!
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 9:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by dddc
You're adherence to standards is admirable! Never let them fall!
Honey, those of us - and clearly you are one - recognise that some things we cannot change. We make the best of them and enhance where we can. As for these boxes, they’re making the best of a bad hand. At least we are allowed to remove our masks to eat and drink. I do not belong to the Mask Morality Squad reminiscent of the Aunts in the The Handmaidens Tale, but I adhere to the rules. So does Him Indoors.

Actually I think that I was Aunt Lydia in lipstick, and full warpaint all my life. Actually Him Indoor was a Commander by the time that he retired. I’d not tied those two thread together and speaking of which I must close before I get shot for going off the point.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
My descent to be the next Granny Clampett is nigh complete.
And I would gladly welcome you into the Clampett Clan, but you would be drinking from mason jars not wine glasses.
Don't know if there is a high falootin' award for the hillbilly side of the family, but I am sure you have one.

Last edited by BXK_Oz; Aug 27, 2020 at 11:03 am Reason: remove picture
Old Aug 27, 2020, 11:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
I have been known to pack plastic wine glasses when travelling long-haul economy... I have no idea why, but drinking from a standard disposable cup doesn't ever feel the same! I'd second the recommendations regarding the Plane Food picnic. They're actually a really nice option. I've purchased them a couple of times in the past for WT and WTP and they do make the journey a bit more enjoyable! It's a shame I've not yet found another airport offering a similar sort of thing.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I took advantage of the sale to rebook my November holiday to Cancun at a cheaper cost (return in CW) to April/May 2021. I'm hoping the catering will have improved by then (fingers crossed).
Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jackr27
It's a shame I've not yet found another airport offering a similar sort of thing.
Fortnum & Masons does a similar picnic basket
jackr27 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 1:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants

MAN-LHR - chicken or mozzarella - cheese was nice, champagne in a plastic cup but hey 🤷‍♀️ All in all not bad!

aks120
Old Aug 29, 2020, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by aks120

MAN-LHR - chicken or mozzarella - cheese was nice, champagne in a plastic cup but hey 🤷‍♀️ All in all not bad!

aks120
Shame there's no chicken in it, the one we had was all mayonnaise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.