Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Old Aug 18, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Boots replacing M&S BOB? Where did you hear that?
Probably at the bar of "The Tongue in t'Cheek"at Ringway.
alex67500 and BAeuro like this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by macdrew
Probably at the bar of "The Tongue in t'Cheek"at Ringway.
Oh 😝
Old Aug 18, 2020, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Boots replacing M&S BOB? Where did you hear that?
I heard you get a coronation chicken sandwich, walkers salt & vinegar crisps, Tropicana OJ and Covid test all for Ł2.99, this isn’t just any Covid tes..oh wait.. no that’s M&S again!
fdem, alex67500, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 5:28 pm

They should contract with Mickey Ds. Chicken nuggets for everybody
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I heard you get a coronation chicken sandwich, walkers salt & vinegar crisps, Tropicana OJ and Covid test all for Ł2.99, this isn’t just any Covid tes..oh wait.. no that’s M&S again!
Mmm M&S Covid Test - I wonder if they have them in XXL
Old Aug 19, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: BA executive club
Interesting thread. Although BA extended my gold status with another year, I will not spend any money on flying J or F, as long as they serve food in boxes. Totally unnecessary. I am now using up Avios and that's the end of my loyalty. Feeling excited by being more adventurous and try out other airlines.
smokie36, cosmo74, Pilou and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by MaukC504
Interesting thread. Although BA extended my gold status with another year, I will not spend any money on flying J or F, as long as they serve food in boxes. Totally unnecessary. I am now using up Avios and that's the end of my loyalty. Feeling excited by being more adventurous and try out other airlines.
That is my thinking precisely and I do fear that there might be an Avios devaluation coming up, hence my decision to use up my (relatively meagre) Avios balance.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by macdrew
Mmm M&S Covid Test - I wonder if they have them in XXL
This is not a Covid test, this is an M&S test...
Old Aug 19, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
A recent ET experience to / from ATH. I'm ommiting dates / flight numbers.

LHR-ATH (Last Week): Standard issue 'bag' with small bottle of water, crisps and a biscuit this time (a change from the pretzels). No seperate drinks service or anything else.
ATH - LHR (Last Week): Much better! Still the standard issue 'bag' with small bottle of water, crisps and a biscuit, followed by a seperate drinks service and that was then followed by helping yourself to a tray with biscuits and Club Europe packets of nuts - overall much better!
Old Aug 19, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Here is my F meal from a few days ago on DFW-LHR. Given the choice of veg or steak.

Pretty poor showing overall. None of it was very good. The steak was worse than the normal F steak before covid.

For the second meal prior to landing, there was a choice of veg or meat (heated) sandwich. The sandwich itself was decent, the rest pretty meh. It was accompanied by some fruit and a few other things. No scones. I didn't take pictures, sorry.

I was told the regular bar menu was available, but didn't try it.

Last edited by Pocalypse; Aug 19, 2020 at 6:18 am
Old Aug 19, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
What does everyone think of HFP’s estimate that the boxes would be around for at least four months from June? I’m flying to Cancun in November in CW and really hope they’ve improved things by then as I’ll be with my mother who’s never been in J.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oliverdobbs
What does everyone think of HFP’s estimate that the boxes would be around for at least four months from June? I’m flying to Cancun in November in CW and really hope they’ve improved things by then as I’ll be with my mother who’s never been in J.
Not hopeful for you on both fronts. Food unlikely to be much better and chance of flying not great. While it's still a while away, virus here in Mexico far from under control. While you can enter Mexico with no issue, I'd be doubtful of us being off the UK list by then. BA haven't operated since March/April here. Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic. Hopefully all gets sorted by then.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
Not hopeful for you on both fronts. Food unlikely to be much better and chance of flying not great. While it's still a while away, virus here in Mexico far from under control. While you can enter Mexico with no issue, I'd be doubtful of us being off the UK list by then. BA haven't operated since March/April here. Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic. Hopefully all gets sorted by then.
I’m quite optimistic about us being able to fly as I spoke to a CC based at LGW on Facebook who said that they were definitely flying to Cancun from September out of LGW.

As for the service, it will be a shame though at least they’re still serving Champagne. We’ve even bought our own special hard plastic Champagne flutes and wine tumblers to up the experience!
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by oliverdobbs
I’m quite optimistic about us being able to fly as I spoke to a CC based at LGW on Facebook who said that they were definitely flying to Cancun from September out of LGW.

As for the service, it will be a shame though at least they’re still serving Champagne. We’ve even bought our own special hard plastic Champagne flutes and wine tumblers to up the experience!
maybe bring your own catering too!?

One can but hope the market will fix this. Perhaps Lufthansa’s catering unit could make a nice line in profits by selling food to take on board at BA gates in London?
ermis177 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by DFB_london
maybe bring your own catering too!?

One can but hope the market will fix this. Perhaps Lufthansa’s catering unit could make a nice line in profits by selling food to take on board at BA gates in London?
that would be nice!!
macdrew likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.