Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Confus
As an absolute experience, it’s clearly not what you’d expect from F. But as a ‘Covid friendly’ meal and following the principle that ‘F should be a bit more special than everything else’, it does actually look like they’ve made a reasonable effort. If I were travelling now, I’d be ok with it. Partly helped by the fact you got Christmas dinner in August.
I had that very dish in January on a CE hop to Lisbon. Now it's F. Oh well an improvement

Christmas dinner in Jan...
choosethedrew, orbitmic and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 7:46 am

I'm doing CE to CTA soon and the food looks beyond a disappointment. Maybe I'll stuff myself in the lounge. But the ticket was sub Ł150 and it will get me to Silver so.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
With schedules being cut again and demand dropping again I can‘t see an improvement before 2021 to be honest.

It‘s a shame, especially regarding special meals, but not much we can do.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by James91
I'm doing CE to CTA soon and the food looks beyond a disappointment. Maybe I'll stuff myself in the lounge. But the ticket was sub Ł150 and it will get me to Silver so.
It’s all Walsh cost cutting anyway.

Return to better would need Cruz to have a backbone - where there’s be no sign of that so far.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DFB_london
It’s all Walsh cost cutting anyway.<snip>
I mean... you do understand that almost literally ever business in the entire world is cutting costs right now, correct?

This isn't a uniquely BA situation. I'd suggest you broaden your horizons and visit many of the other airline forums on FT. I think you won't find things all that different and in fact, you might even find BA ahead in few areas (e.g lounges at LHR)

Regards

P.S. And yes, I know, "but the ME3! but the ME3!" sigh...
TTmex likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
I mean... you do understand that almost literally ever business in the entire world is cutting costs right now, correct?

This isn't a uniquely BA situation. I'd suggest you broaden your horizons and visit many of the other airline forums on FT. I think you won't find things all that different and in fact, you might even find BA ahead in few areas (e.g lounges at LHR)

Regards

They have done a great job in the lounges it is true, but the SH catering in Business on almost every airline is better than BA at this point. Clearly BA have decided to focus on the COVID lounge offering over what is being served onboard.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card

Regards

except Swiss, Lufthansa and others are continuing their service as before. A much higher standard than a sandwich in a box for passengers paying thousands of pounds. It’s not just the ME3 who are doing better.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
except Swiss, Lufthansa and others are continuing their service as before. A much higher standard than a sandwich in a box for passengers paying thousands of pounds. It’s not just the ME3 who are doing better.
youtuber Sam Chui just released a video showing the Lufthansa food (all classes are shown briefly). Their service hasn’t really changed in the new normal it looks like.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:30 am

Regards

Fine, but don't hide behind "we are doing this for heath reasons" excuse
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Were drinks flowing? What champagne was served?
That's the really inexcusable bit: all drinks served from miniatures, so essentially the same (mostly undrinkable) wine served on short haul. The excuse is that serving from full sized bottles would present a health hazard... Oh, but a hazard only on the plane, not a few minutes earlier in the lounges at LHR where - thankfully - wines (and very good ones for that matter) are flowing from actual bottles. As I mentioned before, I totally get the cost cutting (saying that these are exceptional times for an airline would be an understatement); what I can't stand is the attempt at using COVID-related "health and safety" reasons to justify them.

On the other hand and to be fair, as mentioned before I find the short haul offering more than acceptable.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by Confus
As an absolute experience, it’s clearly not what you’d expect from F. But as a ‘Covid friendly’ meal and following the principle that ‘F should be a bit more special than everything else’, it does actually look like they’ve made a reasonable effort. If I were travelling now, I’d be ok with it. Partly helped by the fact you got Christmas dinner in August.
I would only agree with you only insofar as the F offering compares favourably with what looks like complete dross served up in CW as seen upthread.

One of the attractions (to me) of F and CW is that one (used to) gets a reasonable choice - a choice of 3 starters, 3 or 4 mains etc. It's not clear whether choices are available in F and CW or is it a 'take it, or leave it' experience?

Or should we all be wearing hair shirts and giving thanks for what we are given....
Old Aug 15, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Why is it safe to heat up food for F passengers but not for J?
Old Aug 15, 2020, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB
Why is it safe to heat up food for F passengers but not for J?
Excellent question.
Genius1, wrp96 and haroon145 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Why is it safe to heat up food for F passengers but not for J
I think a few of us should contact Customer Relations and ask that very question.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JessicaB
I think a few of us should contact Customer Relations and ask that very question.
Don’t do that!! They’ll realise the hole in their logic and remove hot food in F!! 😂
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.