Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Were you aware of the limited ( / crap ) offering in advance Charles777 ? As I would have taken some decent US food on board myself knowing what was going to be served
Old Oct 16, 2020, 6:12 am

Does this mean there is no need to be "safe"?

Sky news report that if masks are worn there is more chance of being struck by lightning than catching the virus on a plane.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...study-12105228

I hope it is true and the reinstatement of actual meals is hastened.
AdamUK likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DoubleDot
Sky news report that if masks are worn there is more chance of being struck by lightning than catching the virus on a plane.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...study-12105228

I hope it is true and the reinstatement of actual meals is hastened.
I believe it is true, but I don't believe that the improvement of the food will be hastened at all sadly.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 6:46 am

Yeah I had read about it and had some dinner before leaving home but couldn't quite believe how bad it was...!
Old Oct 16, 2020, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Couldn't your $4200 ticket have been routed through AA ? If your own dime, I would have sucked up Y for the six hour flight !
Old Oct 16, 2020, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Couldn't your $4200 ticket have been routed through AA ? If your own dime, I would have sucked up Y for the six hour flight !
I could have bought it through AA via New York but wanted the most direct route possible. I think I will be doing a Pret a Manger take out for the return home....
orbitmic and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
Originally Posted by ABtoBA
Not sure if this is the norm and/or has been mentioned upthread already, but apparently the White Company bedding in Club is also currently unavailable.

The fantastic CSD was, however, happy to proactively offer some spare bedding from First and stated that the normal soft product is supposed to restart from November 1st. Whether that’s actually correct or mere galley fm, I do not know.

by return nov 1 do you mean the full soft product ? Meals and all ? Was hoping for a miracle before my nov 9 lhr-Yyz
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DoubleDot
Not quite.

Sky is reporting a claim made by the head of IATA that the risk of contracting covid on a plane is similar to that of being struck by lightning, if you assume that only one passenger on the plane has covid and you ignore the effects of passengers moving around the cabin.
Dan72 and 1Aturnleft like this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Misco60
Not quite.
Thanks for setting the record straight and quoting verbatim the actual news source. It's a massive infuriation of mine when people set about to report what was said to suit their argument which subsequently ISN'T what was said at all.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 4:43 am

As I promised, no vegan food appeared over my seat and no different boxes, everyone gets the same box, the only thing is that it always contains something suitable for a vegetarian, not for a vegan; I missed the picture of the “dinner” but I got the one for breakfast in economy LHR-MLE.
Inside the brown bag I found the cold items (water, youghurt) and then a hot box was handle as well as your drink.

Old Oct 17, 2020, 4:54 am

I brought my own food, obviously. And I’ll do the same on the way back in November. But I’ll keep asking for my box. Just for checking the contents 😂😂😂
RB211 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton DIamond, AB Platinum (RIP)
Originally Posted by jchacko2
by return nov 1 do you mean the full soft product ? Meals and all ? Was hoping for a miracle before my nov 9 lhr-Yyz
His exact words were that "service would return to normal" by November 1st. I've got a CPT on November 7th so would be thrilled about it but not getting my hopes up too high. For the meantime, it's bring your own glassware and champagne

Last edited by ABtoBA; Oct 17, 2020 at 6:32 am Reason: Photo edited
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
His exact words were that "service would return to normal" by November 1st. I've got a CPT on November 7th so would be thrilled about it but not getting my hopes up too high. For the meantime, it's bring your own glassware and champagne
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 where did you get a hold of that
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: Executive Club
There are so many things which are not right about having to take your own glasses on board an aircraft, after paying thousands of dollars for your fare. (Says she who travels with two Listermint bottles filled with rum in her washbag).
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by JessicaB
There are so many things which are not right about having to take your own glasses on board an aircraft,
Of all the things wrong with our world at this moment in history...

I still have to travel for work. Most of my colleagues and I are just glad that flights operate. A lot aren't flying at all and others are offering less than BA.

It's often difficult to get a sense of perspective while in the midst of something, and I include myself in that too. But I can''t help but wonder how many of the posts in this thread will look in hindsight.
londonba2014 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.