Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:34 am

Time Off In Lieu !
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by redflyer24

I understand there is a lot of BA bashing currently given their treatment of the staff but see below as this is taken directly from the government website particularly the items in bold

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...board-aircraft

Facilities

Reduce on-board service to the minimum necessary to ensure comfort and wellbeing of passengers and limit the contact between crew members and passengers.

Ask passengers to remain seated as much as possible.

Consider additional measures, such as:
  • limit duty free or other non-essential product sales on board and accompany these with procedures to minimise the contact between crew and passengers
  • reduce the food and drink service
  • use pre-packaged and sealed food and drink products
  • use contactless payments, wherever possible
  • implement systems to avoid queueing or crowding around toilets
  • provide cleaning materials and hand sanitiser so people can wash their hands before entering and after leaving toilets
  • make passenger announcements on coronavirus guidance in the arrival country
To me it seems BA have stuck to the letter of the above, until updated gov advice comes out then I can't see it changing. Other foreign carriers may not have these restrictions which would explain the disparity in service.

There is a massive difference between reduce the food and drink service (i.e serving everything at once) and reduce the QUALITY of food and drink...

Also from the same website:Where possible and where mass and balance allow, enable social distancing among passengers of different households. Consider:
  • seat allocations
  • passengers not facing each other
  • ventilation
  • reduced movement of passengers within aircraft
  • reduced interaction between passengers and aircrew
  • processes for isolation of symptomatic passengers
  • pre-sealed and pre-prepared food and drink
BA still charges for seat allocations and does still allow people to sit in CW and face each other right? When it comes to money making there is not really any H & S issue
esledo, masmadrid and DelTroon like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
British Airways has now updated its catering information:

What meals and drinks will be available on board if you’re travelling in Euro Traveller (short-haul economy)?From 16 June, we will offer complimentary refreshments along with a bottle of water. Please speak to a member of crew if you would like a juice or hot drink. Any changes will be published on this page.

What food and drinks will be available on board if you’re travelling in Club Europe (short-haul business)?From 16 June, we will offer a light snack (breakfast or all-day option) offered with a selection of drinks, including soft drinks, juices, water or a hot drink. We will also have a selection of alcoholic drinks; these will be served either as miniatures or individual quarter bottles, please speak to a member of our crew. Our cabin crew will be able to provide you with details of choices available and any allergen advice. Any changes will be published on this page.

What food and drinks will be available on board if you’re travelling in World Traveller Plus (long-haul premium economy) or World Traveller (long-haul economy)?From 16 June, we will be offering a bar service with a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The alcoholic drinks will be served either as miniatures or individual quarter bottles. This will be followed by a meal service (breakfast or all-day option), offered with a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Our cabin crew will be able to provide you with details of choices available and any allergen advice. Any changes will be published on this page.

What food and drinks will be available on board if you’re travelling in Club World (long-haul business)?From 16 June, we will be offering a bar service with a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The alcoholic drinks will be served either as miniatures or individual quarter bottles. This will be followed by a meal service (breakfast or all-day option), offered with a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Our cabin crew will be able to provide you with details of choices available and any allergen advice. Any changes will be published on this page.

What food and drinks will be available on board if you’re travelling in First (long-haul first class)?From 16 June, we will be offering a bar service with a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The alcoholic drinks will be served either as miniatures or individual quarter bottles. Dining on board is enhanced to offer an a la carte menu with safely pre-packaged options, offering a range of hot and cold items. Our cabin crew will be able to provide you with details of choices available and any allergen advice. Any changes will be published on this page.

What products will be available in the Club Kitchen?We will be offering pre-packaged ambient snacks – such as nuts, popcorn, biscuits, chocolate and crisps.

Are meals provided on flights?Yes. Working closely with our caterers, we have made some changes to what’s available on board. Our new food service requires less interaction with our cabin crew, greatly reducing physical contact.

Can you still buy food on board? Our buy on board short-haul service will be temporarily suspended, but we'll be providing you with a complimentary meal instead.

Can you still order special meals?We’re currently unable to offer special meals. From 16 June, you’ll be offered a new food service which will reduce physical contact with our crew, you'll be able to choose between a vegetarian or non-vegetarian option. If you have special dietary requirements or allergies, please bring your own food and snacks. Normal rules for liquids apply. Visit the local airport author

Are you still able to pre-pay or pre-order meals?This service has been temporarily suspended.

Will you still be handing out menus?No, however our cabin crew will be explaining the options and will also have allergen information available.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Well for them domestic hops in ET we’ve done quite well. Water and a snack plus a tea/coffee.

Also, interesting to see that the meal in CE is described as a ‘light snack’. Given there will be a breakfast option in CE too, I wonder what that will consist of.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by ENTP
I still believe the 'hot' element will be that it is a wrap, pizza slice or some such, and not a square meal. I will be delighted if I'm proven wrong however!
Maybe they’ve resurrected the bmi cheese toastie 😂
EuropeanPete and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I can't believe that they are offering individual quarter bottles in F. I am not aware of any good wine being sold in quarter. Not of any old single malt. Hopefully I am wrong.

Not happy either with "Will you still be handing out menus?No, however our cabin crew will be explaining the options". Coming from a place (hong Kong) which is almost risk-free and where restaurants operate normally without social distancing, I am little worried about infection from my fellow travelers on HKG-LHR. I am much more worried about a British FA talking to me at close distance even with a mask.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by brunos
I can't believe that they are offering individual quarter bottles in F. I am not aware of any good wine being sold in quarter.
Actually, there are some good wines that are available in quarter bottles, but I appreciate that for some people only expensive can be good.

It is true that expensive wines (which aren’t all “good”) are not normally available in small bottles.
RoyalSwazi and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:28 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Actually, there are some good wines that are available in quarter bottles, but I appreciate that for some people only expensive can be good.

It is true that expensive wines (which aren’t all “good”) are not normally available in small bottles.
Oh my Dear For the courage of saying what I have thought for years, I am making you a MUCCI.

I do not agree with your assertion about quarter bottles though. Ask any wine grower in France and they will tell you that the bigger the bottle the better the wine. Champagne in magnums is better than smaller bottles - allegedly. Anyhow - why a quarter bottle is regarded as being less contact than a large bottle is beyond me. This sort of nonsense taking place in the Area Formerly known as First - let alone in Business is a disgrace to any airline.

Still, what better can one expect from a business that is prepared to take government money and then treat its employees who are, in the vast majority its greatest asset, as disposable as the plastic trash that they are giving premium passengers to eat their plastic rubbish sandwiches or grown-up children's boxes.

Still as I have just have any necessity to fly anywhere for the time being, I am waiting for this apology for premium service returns to more normal levels. Still what with quarantine on arrival upon return, or closed borders anywhere long distance that I might wish to go, the question is currently academic
Old Jun 16, 2020, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Ask any wine grower in France and they will tell you that the bigger the bottle the better the wine.
You missed my point. I said that there are some good wines in small bottles.
Which part of that do you not agree with?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Club Europe catering semi return

Was “lucky” enough to be on a Club Europe flight today with the new Covid-19 catering. Wasn’t expecting much, but just having cabin crew walking around again and offering drinks/ something to eat was a welcome change. While wasn’t able to sample the new catering box, as I am vegan and no special meals are yet available (although did get given a pack of M&S crisps), the choices were a chicken ceasar salad sandwich or a cheese sandwich with fruit bowl, and chocolates. Box was well packaged and the crew made a great effort presenting the boxes to the passengers 👍

Also Heathrow very chaotic with the new Covid forms with many passengers arriving not knowing they need to be completed. A check is now being done for all passengers before you can get in line for immigration and we were again asked to show the pdf by the immigration official. We arrived with form on phone and sailed straight through so very happy there!

Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
At least it's something approaching the food service levels customers are paying for. Poor menu planning though: a major allergen group (cheese, dairy) in both meals.
wrp96, florens and JMac82 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
So lovely having to drink your wine from a plastic cup, isn’t it
the810 and SxMan like this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:53 am

And here was me thinking the quarter bottle was spirits!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 8:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
So lovely having to drink your wine from a plastic cup, isn’t it
Better than the alternative don’t you think? Nothing!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Better than the alternative don’t you think? Nothing!
I think you're seeing this from the wrong angle... The alternative is standard crockery, cutlery and glassware, you know, like other airlines are doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.