Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 22, 21, 8:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

Old Oct 1, 20, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Slightly unfair I feel, there were real plans in place but have temporarily (hopefully) been put on hold.
rockflyertalk and L1705 like this.
Old Oct 1, 20, 6:52 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
BAs catering was supposed to be back to normal at the end of October, but due to the potential second wave its been delayed to the end of the year.
Thanks for the update CIHY 👍.

Makes me wonder why BA dont bother postponing it indefinitely, with the potential that something might happen at some point in 2021 - 2100??

BA have lost any Covid catering credibility they once may have had. This is utter BS.
Old Oct 1, 20, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
BAs catering was supposed to be back to normal at the end of October, but due to the potential second wave its been delayed to the end of the year.
Well I guess if it wasn't C19 there would have been another reason to delay.

My only planned trips are to MUC and so I can enjoy normal business class service with Lufthansa.
lhrpete and chris63 like this.
Old Oct 1, 20, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL View Post
Related to the new catering in Euro Traveller - is there a place in T5 to buy decent cold beer/wine to take on board?
We also picked up a nice half bottle of Cotes du Rhone at the Caviar House shop I believe by gate A11. Costed just under a tenner if I recall. Easy drinking on our way to Faro back in August, cabin crew was happy to provide plastic cups.
World duty free had ran out of all red 187ml bottles, and we didn't fancy warm white Rioja.
Old Oct 1, 20, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Slightly unfair I feel, there were real plans in place but have temporarily (hopefully) been put on hold.
Can you tell them to at least bring the LPGC back in First? It will go nicely with the tacos I'm going to buy before boarding in Mexico City.
LCSinTexas and SxMan like this.
Old Oct 1, 20, 9:39 am

As if anyone's going to be flying a lot thanks to the enlightened approach being chosed by the Boris-Priti-Grant gang... The entire traffic in and out of the UK for August was 5.3 million. I believe BA alone did more than that last year (including BACF & Gatters).
Old Oct 1, 20, 5:45 pm

Programs: Executive Club
It's really sad to think this will be the catering in place for Christmas and New Year. No drinks at all in Economy, a box of cold nastiness at the front and the CC's strutting up and down checking everyone has their mask correctly fitted. Can't wait.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 20, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JessicaB View Post
It's really sad to think this will be the catering in place for Christmas and New Year. No drinks at all in Economy, a box of cold nastiness at the front and the CC's strutting up and down checking everyone has their mask correctly fitted. Can't wait.
Bah humbug... .
Old Oct 1, 20, 6:20 pm

Simple solution is to not fly or to choose another airline?
mrow, esledo and 13901 like this.
Old Oct 1, 20, 6:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TTmex View Post
Can you tell them to at least bring the LPGC back in First? It will go nicely with the tacos I'm going to buy before boarding in Mexico City.
I heard it goes well with a cheeseburger from the McDonalds saver menu too
alex67500 and TTmex like this.
Old Oct 1, 20, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Low Priced Generic Champagne?

Don't give them more ideas!!! (Sorry, I can't resist a typo )
chris63, RoyalSwazi, ENTP and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 20, 6:41 pm

I mean I'm as critical as the next FTer BUT they provide a bottle of water at the seat in Y, and I've asked the CC for coffee and juice on multiple occasions and they've been very responsive every time. I also asked for a second biscuit and it was smuggled to me .
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Oct 1, 20, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
Low Priced Generic Champagne?

Don't give them more ideas!!! (Sorry, I can't resist a typo )
Haha. Damn spanish influencing my pronunciation of siecle. Cielos as they'd say here to curse in a non rude way
RoyalSwazi and BertieBadger like this.
Old Oct 2, 20, 1:47 am

Programs: Executive Club
Simple solution is to not fly or to choose another airline?
Yes, but if everyone takes that solution BA will go under. Alex Cruz was bleating about how people are scared to fly and the airline will go under unless more people fly. But here we are, all frequent flyers, suggesting that in response to BA's atrocious catering the best thing to do is choose another airline. The simple solution would be for BA to recognise that cost-cutting and making the in-flight experience so miserable is a key reason people aren't flying with them.
mrow, esledo and Tocsin like this.
Old Oct 2, 20, 1:51 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Ace

Sophie Barnes more like. She is absolutely brilliant. Her mum is or at least was also cabin crew. She transferred from Gatwick to MF to get a better variety of routes. Certainly sets the standard to which others should follow. At Gatwick she was known as health and safety Barnes 😜

Originally Posted by nederlander79 View Post
So I was on the 1315 to Dalaman today out of Heathrow. It kind of started off bad, with the screen jumping between boarding to delayed to boarding again. It was slightly delayed for no apparent reason but made up the time.

We had 1D and F and were greeted by a very enthusiastic and basically fabulous CSM called Sophie. She was such good fun. However, her luck ran out somewhat. She took food orders and then came back to apologise that only the cheese sandwich had been loaded at the front, but she'd get a chicken caesar from the rear (not quite sure why - maybe the return catering is there?). In the meantime the front loo got blocked so she came to apologise about that. In the meantime she did a couple of bar runs and was so much fun with everyone.

And then poor Sophie returned to apologise that only cheese butties had been loaded in the rear as well. She was genuinely gutted and completely ashamed slash embarrassed. So we all got the cheese butty of which an awful lot of people complained and refused.

(I've just eaten it and actually I quite liked it - sorry - yes it's crap and everything else upthread but hey).

We had 48 in club and approx 30 in ET... Sophie and team worked hard and bar cart and reserve were dry other than beer and red wine at the end. Champagne, no, vodka, no, bacardi, no, whiskey, no, white wine, no xxx it carried on. I wonder how the poor pax on the return got on. (They had saved a cart they said.)

Complaint put in, as per Pucci's advice. Also a BA thank-you put in for Sophie. She was run ragged and absolutely great. Completely let down by BA and the caterers. But nevertheless always positive. They don't deserve crew like that.

Search this Thread