Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by TangoOneSeven
If I recall correctly you are the only person to receive compensation (on this thread anyway) for the poor catering?
I don't think any compensation was warranted, to be honest. Nor was BA obliged to explain why they offer what they offer in various classes of service. If you don't like a product, do not buy it. It's as simple as that. I am pretty sure BA are perfectly aware what Lufthansa are offering in F class, and yet BA choose to cut their service down to a minimum. BA's current offering is not for those who fly for the experience as much as for the purpose of getting to a destination. It is none of our business why. Complaining about getting exactly what was promised to you is bizarre and petty. Why not fly Lufthansa instead?

Last edited by Andriyko; Sep 27, 2020 at 5:41 am
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I don't think any compensation was warranted, to be honest. Nor was BA obliged to explain why they offer what they offer in various classes of service. If you don't like a product, do not buy it. It's as simple as that. I am pretty sure BA are perfectly aware what Lufthansa are offering in F class, and yet BA choose to cut their service down to a minimum. BA's current offering is not for those who fly for the experience as much as for the purpose of getting to a destination. It is none of our business why. Complaining about getting exactly what was promised to you is bizarre and petty. Why not fly Lufthansa instead?
Its totally warranted when BA can even be bothered to update their website so you think you are buying :

The finest experience

First is our most luxurious way to experience flight. From your own stylish suite, to exclusive access to spa treatments, fast-track security, and excellent service, it’s the finest way to travel.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...es/first/first
Jed, mrow, orbitmic and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Its totally warranted when BA can even be bothered to update their website so you think you are buying :

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...es/first/first
When you click the link you posted there’s a clear banner regarding ‘New Protective Measures’, which explains it all in detail?

Don’t jump on the bandwagon.
Andriyko and Crofton138 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by L1705
When you click the link you posted there’s a clear banner regarding ‘New Protective Measures’, which explains it all in detail?

Which after a lot of searching only says this

From 16 June, we will be offering a bar service with a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The alcoholic drinks will be served either as miniatures or individual quarter bottles. Dining on board is enhanced to offer an a la carte menu with safely pre-packaged options, offering a range of hot and cold items. Our cabin crew will be able to provide you with details of choices available and any allergen advice. Any changes will be published on this page
Do you disagree that the images and guff on the First service should be removed ?

And thanks for ordering me not to jump on the bandwagon however my opinion is as valid as anyone’s else’s. I’ve had the CE offering three times, knew exactly what I was getting in advance, and was as miserable as I expected it to be.
Jed, NoY, happeemonkee and 11 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:27 am

Yeah... Something told me that someone would be back quickly to point out that there is something on the website that promised all the miracles of the world for flying with BA. Something also tells me that the dearest SFO777 knew what he was buying. If I were BA I would not even bother to respond to a ‘if-Lufthansa-can-do-it-why-can’t-you’ question.
flybymonkey likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Something also tells me that the dearest SFO777 knew what he was buying.
He’d written his complaint and all the over the top language before he even boarded I reckon! How did he describe the cheese and caramelised sandwich? “Ominous”? It’s the least ominous thing...

Everyone needs to stop being dramatic
PUCCI GALORE and Andriyko like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everyone needs to stop being dramatic
Again you appear to be a self appointed marshall of this thread
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Which after a lot of searching only says this

Do you disagree that the images and guff on the First service should be removed ?

And thanks for ordering me not to jump on the bandwagon however my opinion is as valid as anyone’s else’s. I’ve had the CE offering three times, knew exactly what I was getting in advance, and was as miserable as I expected it to be.
If you scroll down the page you have linked to you get the statement "We have worked closely with our caterers to make changes to our onboard service. Our new food service requires less interaction with our cabin crew, greatly reducing physical contact". There is also a 'find out more' button that links to this page - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...food-and-drink - which provides details of what is currently on offer.

However, I do wonder how difficult it could be to change the photo on the front page to reflect what is currently available.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:44 am

If passengers are not getting what BA are selling be it product or service then surely customers can easily address this with a case at the Small Claims Court on the grounds of false/misleading advertising?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by flybymonkey
If passengers are not getting what BA are selling be it product or service then surely customers can easily address this with a case at the Small Claims Court on the grounds of false/misleading advertising?
I’m not sure a small claims court would be a suitable venue but you could certainly take it up with the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

Customers who booked their tickets from direct BA channels are being informed of the reduced catering, as have Executive Club members but others will be reliant on their TA to pass along the information before they reach the airport
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:14 am

He’d written his complaint and all the over the top language before he even boarded I reckon!
That's my impression as well. It was more of an exercise in entertaining a certain crowd here than a trip report. As much as I enjoy his TPs, this was not one. It was a deliberate attempt to have a laugh. I am not sure who's supposed to be laughing though as he clearly had a miserable experience.
flybymonkey and macdrew like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Now that was so witty that you just became a Mucci. I love it - I had Mark Antony's speech in mind already but that is brilliant.

(Does that qualify me for Cleopatra?)
Depends how good you are with an asp
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Usual Cesar Salad Sandwich affair from CFU to LHR tonight; however no champagne available at all - as crew were openly admitting it had all been drunk on the outbound.

Am I right in thinking they’re meant to hold some back to cover the return?
Not sure which flight you were on - we were on the 1810 departure from CFU and I can confirm there was champagne. All of two bottles - I had one of them! Were you in 2A by any chance? I was in 1C and heard 2A ask for champagne and be told it had run out.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Agent69
If you scroll down the page you have linked to you get the statement "We have worked closely with our caterers to make changes to our onboard service. Our new food service requires less interaction with our cabin crew, greatly reducing physical contact". There is also a 'find out more' button that links to this page - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...food-and-drink - which provides details of what is currently on offer.

However, I do wonder how difficult it could be to change the photo on the front page to reflect what is currently available.
Let's translate that from the marketing department's language to real-world: "We have worked closely with our caterers to cut their budget and offer only economy-style onboard service. Our new food service requires virtually the same interaction with our cabin crew, maintaining the same amount physical contact while greatly increasing our usage of single-use plastics and packaging systems."
lhrpete, chris63, mrow and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:50 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite

That would be fine if the downgrade to the soft product just lasted a couple of weeks, but it’s been 6 months now,so it’s not good enough to continue to advertise the full product and then * changes. They need to change their website.
lhrpete, NoY, mrow and 7 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.