Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2020, 11:45 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
See my post about 5 minutes before yours, I have recently complained about the current state of Band 4 CE catering and also left a pretty scathing review on a post-flight survey the week before about the current state of Band 4 CE catering. Nothing came of either instance.

I think there are plenty of reports here of others receiving the same treatment, I would love to see the level of complaints BA is getting about the current catering, but trust me, it is far from zero and it's not that not enough people are complaining.
I hope that you’re right Dear. Neither of us will really know. We can surmise, but we don’t know for certain. You know what you did, and I know what I’ve done but nothing more.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
seriously has anyone at BA or DO&CO actually SEEN a caesar salad?

so imagine that and put it between two slices of bread.

you'd think it couldnt get any easier!
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VSLover
I'd imagine with a decent budget from the customer Do&Co would make a very good caesar salad.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
I'd imagine with a decent budget from the customer Do&Co would make a very good caesar salad.
Exactly ... the catering is not COVID-friendly nor customer-friendly, it is bottom line-friendly
Old Sep 26, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Maybe that's because he is the only person to actually complain properly about the state of the catering. How many times have I said that unless you actually tell British Airways nothing will ever get done about this. Whilst I have every sympathy with those who are indignant about the catering, making a song-and-dance about it on Flyertalk will be appreciated by people who have no more authority than to post their own comments. I have done the same and gave them my thoughts; although I did not have photos a gogo as frankly pictures of sandwich boxes, bags or whatever are not what I do . It is also possible that BA are particularly sensitive when it comes to US based flyers as if they stop flying to the UK, then they may as well stop flying as well as no Europeans can enter the USA. I flew for more years than lots of you have been on earth, and never ever except after that catering strike have I seen anything like it. When I think of how we were trained to offer First Class service and could not do so in less than two years of working as crew. The crews must be totally disheartened. How many people actually pay the full fare to fly there (or in J for that matter) as opposed to Avios or 2-4 -1s or whatever else I do not know. Nevertheless the airlines openly sell fares from points outside the countries where they are based at levels far below that which they charge their home market so any reduction in yield is down to them.

I do realise that unlike other European carriers, BA has not had vast "loans" from their respective governments and this may have some effect - but this is ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous, it is embarrassing.
No, I have complained too and got a cut and paste reply back. It wasn’t a rant and it wasn’t full of exaggeration, just stating that I felt the catering was poor and needed to be improved.

I also followed up today with details of the flights I have cancelled on BA and rebooked on other carriers. BA customer service can see the cancelled flights and the cash refunds I have received so they will know I am not a snowflake complaining for the sake of it and am letting my custom do the talking.
fairhsa and smokie36 like this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by VSLover

so imagine that and put it between two slices of bread.

you'd think it couldnt get any easier!
I remember being in the BA Lounge in Denver back in September 2011 and having a rather nice chicken caesar sandwich. Perhaps they could dig out the recipe!
VSLover likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Like many I’m struggling to work out why a prominent blogger got material compensation and others have not.

it really is so variable out there. It sounds like the LHR lounges are good but on board is poor. Over here the lounges are honestly asking you to find a staff member to request a PB&J sandwich (United at least). On board the snack boxes the US airlines switched to for sale in coach are actually pretty decent comped to enjoy the Menu.

At least we are making memories, those of us who make it
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Usual Cesar Salad Sandwich affair from CFU to LHR tonight; however no champagne available at all - as crew were openly admitting it had all been drunk on the outbound.

Am I right in thinking they’re meant to hold some back to cover the return?
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Usual Cesar Salad Sandwich affair from CFU to LHR tonight; however no champagne available at all - as crew were openly admitting it had all been drunk on the outbound.

Hi,

Yes some should have been held back for the return as they are return catered at lhr

Regards

Tbs
Old Sep 26, 2020, 5:54 pm

Actually a nice alternative to the sandwich depending on the route would be a return of the ploughman's lunch or perhaps some pasta salads and gazpacho soups. These can certainly be served cold with little or no preparation on board.
cesco.g, PUCCI GALORE and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014

Ouch that's the only compensation for the poor food at the moment!
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
Sign spotted on the wall at Do&Co “Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; BA comes to bury Caesar, not to praise him"
lhrpete, wrp96, cmd320 and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, Cartafreccia Oro
Originally Posted by lhrpete
The Do&Co food you can order in economy with Austrian on short haul is far better than the business class offering. If you can get an exit row in Y you will have a far better journey!
Unfortunately BLQ-VIE is on a Dash 8 and based on my experiences with BE they're not pleasant if someone is sitting next to you so I decided on business in the end as OS blocks the seat next to you (the business cabin on my flight consists of 3 seats!)

Originally (for my cancelled LHR-VIE in June) I had planned to use Y and pay for the upgraded meal.

I look forward to comparing the catering to BA (as both airlines use Do&Co)
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by mrow
No, I have complained too and got a cut and paste reply back. It wasn’t a rant and it wasn’t full of exaggeration, just stating that I felt the catering was poor and needed to be improved.

I also followed up today with details of the flights I have cancelled on BA and rebooked on other carriers. BA customer service can see the cancelled flights and the cash refunds I have received so they will know I am not a snowflake complaining for the sake of it and am letting my custom do the talking.
Good - I am pleased. I do not think that any of us can expect much of a result individually - much though I would love a piece of correspondence that said " Dear Pucci Galore - we are shocked and horrified that anyone should be served anything that is so clearly fit for pigs to one of your stature. Please accept 100,000 avios and free First Upgrades for life. In the meantime we have issued orders to have the normal catering resumed as soon as possible though sourcing that many Lobsters and Caviar may be complicated at such short notice. Please accept the humblest apologies from Mr Cruz who is available to be publicly flogged with your hairbrush at a time and date of your choosing."

I jest - but if enough of us complain long enough or just withdraw our business (complicated for me in Alicante as flying Iberia is rather trading the Devil for the Deep Blus Sea).

I know that you are not a snowflake Darling - more a little ray of sunshine. You tell them. I have.
LCSinTexas and AnaTravel like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by macdrew
Sign spotted on the wall at Do&Co “Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; BA comes to bury Caesar, not to praise him"
Now that was so witty that you just became a Mucci. I love it - I had Mark Antony's speech in mind already but that is brilliant.

(Does that qualify me for Cleopatra?)
wrp96, squawk and ENTP like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.