Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Mike P
I do see the rationale behind not extending status for those people who have already re-qualified organically.
Nor sure I do. BAEC members that have already paid for and earned their status probably had a view to be using it now and over the months ahead. But as we know they're currently unable to make use of that membership or even to make moves towards a higher tier. Who knows how many more months it'll be before they can get back to making use of what has already been earned so why wouldn't they expect to benefit from the extension promised by BA in that good news email?
Old Jun 21, 2020, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by DrGee
Nor sure I do. BAEC members that have already paid for and earned their status probably had a view to be using it now and over the months ahead. But as we know they're currently unable to make use of that membership or even to make moves towards a higher tier. Who knows how many more months it'll be before they can get back to making use of what has already been earned so why wouldn't they expect to benefit from the extension promised by BA in that good news email?
I'm not sure deliberate rationale is what they are aiming for. When you upgrade a tier, your card expiry is extended to the end of the tier year after you are in. If you already hold the status, your card is not extended when you reach the required TPs for renewal - it will be extended at the end of your year. This 'policy' just strikes me as extending the natural card expiry date by 12 months, rather than deliberately excluding those who have already re-qualified (although it has this unintended effect).
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Card expiry of 8th July, but no extension(?)

I'm confused about what I should expect...
My collection year ends 8 July, and I'm currently Silver from last year, but only 445 TPs this year.

I haven't received an email offering any extension, and both ba.com and my app both still have an collection year end of 08 July 2020 and a card expiry date of 31 Aug 2020 (as normal).

Should I expect just to get a renewal anyway, or am I just out of luck?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Reduced threshold applies this year or next??

Very confused. I am currently Silver with year ending 8 October 2020. I have collected 1140 TPs this year, so above the reduced Gold threshold. No update on my account though. Will I eventually be upgraded to Gold or does the reduced threshold only apply next year (Oct 2020 - Oct 2021) and not this year?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:44 am

Anyone else not had their EC status extended by a year?

I got the BAEC email a while back saying that the extension will be applied to all accounts within the next few days. My year expiry is Dec 2020 and it's still showing the same date. Just wondering whether others are seeing the same?

Graham
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by GrahamClarke
I got the BAEC email a while back saying that the extension will be applied to all accounts within the next few days. My year expiry is Dec 2020 and it's still showing the same date. Just wondering whether others are seeing the same?

Graham
Actually it said they would be applied within the next two weeks, not days. We have not had two weeks yet (email was sent on the 11th).

This should be merged with the giant thread on the same issue.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by nick8070
Very confused. I am currently Silver with year ending 8 October 2020. I have collected 1140 TPs this year, so above the reduced Gold threshold. No update on my account though. Will I eventually be upgraded to Gold or does the reduced threshold only apply next year (Oct 2020 - Oct 2021) and not this year?
my understanding is lower thresholds are for everyone. @KARFA is that correct?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Up grades and the revised tier point totals were due to be loaded to the BA IT and auto calculated about 2 weeks after the email were sent. Give it another week or so.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 3:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
my understanding is lower thresholds are for everyone. @KARFA is that correct?
Yes, they should apply to the current year too. I don't think BA has done any upgrades or extensions yet though so nothing shows yet.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Now I am totally confused. I haven't read this thread foe 2 days and the whole world has exploded. I have read HFP but am still not sure.

I re-qualified for Gold March 8th thanks to the reduced threshold on 1480TPS so have this until April 2021 or is it April 2022? If it is only 21 is the only benefit I get for this year the reduced threshold?

TIA, this has probably been answered many times.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Now I am totally confused. I haven't read this thread foe 2 days and the whole world has exploded. I have read HFP but am still not sure.

I re-qualified for Gold March 8th thanks to the reduced threshold on 1480TPS so have this until April 2021 or is it April 2022? If it is only 21 is the only benefit I get for this year the reduced threshold?

currently your card expiry will be 30 April 2021.

the reduced threshold will count towards your current year. I don’t know what you plan to earn from 9 March 2020 to 8 March 2021, but even if you don’t meet the reduced threshold by 8 March 2021 your gold status will be extended to 30 April 2022.

between 9 March 2021 and 8 March 2022 you will need to earn 1125 if you want to remain a gold in your 9 March 2022 - 8 March 2023 membership year.
CT-UK likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by CT-UK

The 12 extension gets tacked on to the end of your current membership year. So your Gold benefits will continue until 30 April 2022
CT-UK likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GGLFL/ VS GOLD/ WY GOLD/ SQ PPS/KL GOLD
My Status has been extended by 12m guys ! Everyone check!
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Flyer1508
My Status has been extended by 12m guys ! Everyone check!
But not all at the same time please or you'll bring the house down!

Which month is your tier point collection year end?
crazyarmadillo and alex67500 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GGLFL/ VS GOLD/ WY GOLD/ SQ PPS/KL GOLD
I am in OCT! so whats weird they have done mine by not my brother who is also gold and OCT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.