Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 30, 22, 4:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: stifle
Wiki Link
AS OF 11 July 2022:

BRITISH AIRWAYS PROTECTS TIER STATUS FOR ITS LOYAL EXECUTIVE CLUB MEMBERS
  • Gold Guest List with renewal dates July-December 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Silver and bronze do not get any further renewal
  • However, Silver members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will given a 50% reduction in the amount of tier points needed (From 600 to 300 TPs)
  • Everyone else still gets the 25% reduction in tier points until 31 December. This also applies if you want to qualify for a higher status level.

See post 796 for further details https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32452931-post796.html

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...efits#vouchers

20 Sep 21 Update - see post #3594 onwards

21 Dec 21 Update - see post #3942 onwards

20 Apr 22 Update - see post #4483 onwards

The graph Illustrated below covers simple renewal milestones (collection year start/end dates) onto a blue bar (mid blue represents your current membership year; dark blue represents the extension periods). This does not touch the effect tier jumps have on the extension end dates. You can find confirmation of the extension being added to your BAEC account via "My Executive Club". This is signified by the "Card expiry date"

Updated 20 September 2021

Coronavirus: How the Executive Club is supporting you
Were adding 12 months extra onto your Executive Club membership so you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever youre ready to fly.

All members will benefit, starting with those who have a Tier Point collection end date of July 2020, through to June 2021.

Whats more, it will be even easier to retain your status next time youre up for renewal, as weve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%. This is the same for upgrades thresholds too, making that next Tier more achievable.

This results in lower Tier qualification thresholds, as shown below:

Bronze: 225 Tier Points, or 18 eligible flights
Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights
Gold: 1125 Tier Points
Gold Guest List: 3,750 Tier Points (to attain), 2,250 Tier Points (to retain) [not in the original email but understood to be true]

You'll still need a minimum of 2 eligible flights for Bronze and 4 for Silver.

NB: These reduced qualification/requalification thresholds apply until 31 December 2022, regardless of when your membership year ends. They won't show on the BA app or website these will still say you need 300/600/1500 tier points but should you pass the reduced threshold for a higher tier, your level will increase as normal. If you requalify on an existing tier, your status will be extended by the end of January 2023.

To ensure our Members still have the opportunity to use their Gold Upgrade Vouchers, Companion Vouchers and Travel Together Tickets earned via a British Airways credit card, weve applied 6-month expiration extension to any current vouchers.

See link to BA site for further FAQs.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 16, 20, 11:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Arsey00 View Post
I'm curious about my situation now. I also have 1155, with a November collection year end. My current card expired 2020. But now I've requalified on the lower level, so should I not have an expiry date of 2021? Meaning I'd have an additional year added on 09 November, to 2022?
you wont have an expiry date of 30 December 2021 yet, but it should update in the next few weeks.

The FT understanding as detailed in post 796 is you wont get an extension to 30 December 2022.
Old Jun 17, 20, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
have you asked the ggl team about getting the gufs based on the TPs from your cancelled bookings?
Took several e-mails back and forth, but got them!😁
Old Jun 17, 20, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by Glenlivet View Post
That's really good to know, I will bear that in mind if my 4th attempt to get sufficient points is also cancelled.
Old Jun 17, 20, 5:05 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by Glenlivet View Post
Great to hear! Was there a particular line of reasoning you used, other than "you cancelled my flights which would have landed me X TPs, so please kindly credit to my account"? I've put in the same request (as July year end) but just trying to get prepared to counter any initial resistance from BA. I'm also not Gold/GGL so will be dealing with the main customer service reps. Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:04 am

As a matter of interest, have any 8th June collection year-enders received the fabled e-mail yet? Neither Mrs 279, or I, have. Or is it the case June's won't be getting one?

NB: We are both Silver (me, 7 years, Mrs 279, 5 years). Silver for 2020/21 has renewed automatically by virtue of 600+ TP earnings in the collection year, and TP's are now reset to zero. Silver expiry has yet to reset but we had anticipated that would have been to 2022, in line with the apparent promise of '12 months extra'...but from thoughts on here that might not be the case.

In the circumstances, and given that most of our flying is front ended, I think it unlikely that we will able to reach even the reduced threshold by 8th June 2021. This will be disappointing.

Last edited by Robert279; Jun 17, 20 at 8:43 am
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:08 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Robert279 View Post
As a matter of interest, have any 8th June collection year-enders received the fabled e-mail yet? Neither Mrs 279, or I, have. Or is it the case June's won't be getting one?

NB: We are both Silver (me 7 years, Mrs 279, 5 years). Silver for 2020/21 has renewed automatically by virtue of 600+ TP earnings in the collection year, and TP's are now reset to zero. Silver expiry has yet to reset but we had anticipated that would have been to 2022, in line with the apparent promise of '12 months extra'...but from thoughts on here that might not be the case.

In the circumstances, and given that most of our flying is front ended, I think it unlikely that we will able to reach even the reduced threshold by 8th June 2021. This will be disappointing.
Two of us both June and no email. I wouldn't read anything into that tho yet as it's BA systems.
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

NB: We are both Silver (me 7 years, Mrs 279, 5 years). Silver for 2020/21 has renewed automatically by virtue of 600+ TP earnings in the collection year, and TP's are now reset to zero. Silver expiry has yet to reset but we had anticipated that would have been to 2022, in line with the apparent promise of '12 months extra'...but from thoughts on here that might not be the case.

I have a June 8th tier point collection end date and I did receive the email. Nothing has changed on my account yet though but t&c said up to two week wait.
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:33 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo View Post
Two of us both June and no email. I wouldn't read anything into that tho yet as it's BA systems.
also two of us here with 8th June and no emails , but then we never got one about the previous reduction in TPS either
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by eh220160 View Post
Great to hear! Was there a particular line of reasoning you used, other than "you cancelled my flights which would have landed me X TPs, so please kindly credit to my account"? I've put in the same request (as July year end) but just trying to get prepared to counter any initial resistance from BA. I'm also not Gold/GGL so will be dealing with the main customer service reps. Thanks!
I didnt have any resistance from BA regarding this and my flights were with UL. The booking confirmations and proof of cancellation was all that was required and they upgraded me to Gold status due to the associated lost tier points I would have been awarded. So Im sure with actual BA flights it would be a lot easier as they have the information already to hand with your booking reference numbers.
eh220160 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Jackanory View Post
I have a June 8th tier point collection end date and I did receive the email. Nothing has changed on my account yet though but t&c said up to two week wait.
We requalified for our tier level under the reducton TP required of the 30%.

Did you requalify your existing tier without the reduced threshold as a June, ?

Maybe that's the reason some June's, no email.

To add: I did ask GGL line why when this first came out, but they didn't know.
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo View Post
We requalified for our tier level under the reducton TP required of the 30%.

Did you requalify your existing tier without the reduced threshold as a June, ?

Maybe that's the reason some June's, no email.
Well I moved from silver to gold due to my tier point run which was subsequently cancelled due to Covid19. It was the AUH-CGK run with UL in March. I contacted BA and asked them if there was anything they could do and they were happy to move me to Gold. They did not award the tier points or avios though - just an upgrade to Gold.

Then I received the email sent out giving the 12 month extension when it went out. Hope that helps?
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:48 am

NB: We are both Silver (me, 7 years, Mrs 279, 5 years). Silver for 2020/21 has renewed automatically by virtue of 600+ TP earnings in the collection year, and TP's are now reset to zero. Silver expiry has yet to reset but we had anticipated that would have been to 2022, in line with the apparent promise of '12 months extra'...but from thoughts on here that might not be the case.

yes, I did receive the email day one. But, after a lot of back and fore and BA giving me four different responses as to whether I was Actually eligible or not - I now have a CS email meaning I can auto renew gold next year if it doesnt happen automatically...So worth it in the end!
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by simonsmith View Post
also two of us here with 8th June and no emails , but then we never got one about the previous reduction in TPS either
Same here. 8 June collection date. Managed 1500+ tier points anyway and online membership card now reads July 2021 deadline, but have emailed to enquire whether that ought to be July 2022. Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Joshua1347 View Post
Same here. 8 June collection date. Managed 1500+ tier points anyway and online membership card now reads July 2021 deadline, but have emailed to enquire whether that ought to be July 2022. Fingers crossed.
Have you seen this summary here?
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Has anyone seen this 'Card Expiry' reflect the new 12 month extension yet? My collection year ends on 8th July and card expiry is still showing August 2021.
Waiting for it to change to August 2022.............

Search this Thread