Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2020, 12:32 pm
DSA

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
Sorry, to be clearer my 2019-2020 TP year has already ended, and I am now part way through the 2020-2021 year, however the app still shows 300TPs as required for me to progress to Bronze (I have collected zero TPs to date this year). So should I expect the lowered TP requirement to start showing when I reach the end of the current TP year (during 2021)?
Old Jun 14, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DSA
As a current Blue member, if I wish to aim for Gold status with the 25% reduced tier point requirement, could someone please confirm if 1125 TPs need to be reached by the current TP year end (i.e. mid 2021, less than a year from now), or if they could be achieved in the 2021-2022 TP year instead? (note that in my case that would end before 8th July 2022). Understandably a lot of the examples discussed in this thread don't appear to cover Blue members but BA are clear that all members will benefit from this policy. BA's website appears to state that reduced TP thresholds only apply to your next renewal, which for extended members would be 2021-2022, but for Blue (non-extended) members would be 2020-2021, but I've seen conflicting information elsewhere (not on the BA website) which states that "the new reduced tier point thresholds will apply to all membership years which end up to 8th July 2022", so I'm a little confused!
I'm technically in this boat but undecided now what to do next
I started as blue on zero tp's moved through bronze, through silver and now sit at 745 tp's
I got the email
Pre covid my intention was a leisure trip to hnl this summer on BA and AA which would have sailed me through into gold
My year end is August 8th so obviously with the likely continued shut down of the U. S to non Americans, that's out
Against that though, I need 380 tp's to reach gold
That's doable with an ex dub ba club to Ath and an ex dub via mad to lis
Two nice short breaks
But will ba be flying dub in July or iberia for that matter? Would anyone care to guess?
If I go to Gold in this my current membership year, do I get the extra year as gold? and then step to silver?

Do I even get the extra year of this offer with my current silver status?

I would like and need the breaks but revenue, avios or use another airline is the question
If there's no extension of silver for me, or a gold extension then obviously, I won't be buying any more BA revenue fares this year because I'll not be able to do the flying I want to but can get my breaks more cheaply
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:16 pm

63 pages of discussion* because BA isn't capable of sending out a clear, unambiguous email. I'm also not sure why it takes two weeks to run an update against everyone's online profile, but they could at least flag every account not updated with "will be updated soon to reflect blahblah".

* I suppose this would vary depending on your forum settings. I mean the number of pages, not whether or not it counts as a discussion
saint_em, docsxx, Mark1976 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DSA
Sorry, to be clearer my 2019-2020 TP year has already ended, and I am now part way through the 2020-2021 year, however the app still shows 300TPs as required for me to progress to Bronze (I have collected zero TPs to date this year). So should I expect the lowered TP requirement to start showing when I reach the end of the current TP year (during 2021)?
That indeed is different. As mentioned, you need to wait 2 weeks for the thresholds to be adjusted on your account, and in my view you should be able to reach Gold (or any other level) on reduced TPs, and 4 eligible flights.
spec119 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Earthman
But will ba be flying dub in July or iberia for that matter? Would anyone care to guess?
If I go to Gold in this my current membership year, do I get the extra year as gold? and then step to silver?

Do I even get the extra year of this offer with my current silver status?
BA codeshares - not in CE - are available to DUB already but my hunch is that the prime flights towards the end of July will happen, but it may lead to awkward connections in LHR (which is the bane of my life at the moment, hopefully it will improve). The other questions depend on your tier year, which isn't clear, but post 796 should assist. Everyone gets one year on reduced thresholds as a minimum.
Earthman likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Has anyone already seen their membership date change on BA.com?
Mine still says June 2021.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:43 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Nope still as was (30 Nov 21) for me and for other half (30 Sep 20).
81romeo likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Same here. No change yet.
81romeo likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:02 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
I believe the updates are taking place over a couple of weeks so we might all need to wait a bit longer...
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
So just to be clear, my account resets in Aug 2020 and I am on 520 TPs. I contacted BA on facebook who said that the reduced threshold would only start in the 20-21 year. Therefore, as things stand I will remain bronze?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LSEFlyerLLB
So just to be clear, my account resets in Aug 2020 and I am on 520 TPs. I contacted BA on facebook who said that the reduced threshold would only start in the 20-21 year. Therefore, as things stand I will remain bronze?
Welcome to FT LSEFlyerLLB!

At 520 TPs, and assuming you have 4 eligible flights, you will move up to silver, and your card expiry will become 30 September 2021.

BTW, I wasn't aware you could contact BA on facebook?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Membership dates won’t change. Card expiry dates will, but this will take up to 2 weeks from the announcement date, and possibly longer for those who didn’t retain status in May/June this year.
KARFA and 81romeo like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Genius1
Membership dates won’t change. Card expiry dates will, but this will take up to 2 weeks from the announcement date, and possibly longer for those who didn’t retain status in May/June this year.
Thank you - yes I was referring to the card expiry date :-)
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thank you - evidently there is still a lot of confusion internally! Yes, if you go to messenger you can then send a message directly to them and they'll usually reply within 24 hours.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
Originally Posted by DUSBOY
I'm confused and judging by the number of questions on this thread I am not alone.
I'm Silver at the moment having reached 600 TP Nov 2018. My Tier point collection year ends 8th August 2020. I currently have 1200 TP so prior to this announcement was expecting to renew Silver through to Sept 21.
If I am currently over the new reduced Tierpoint threshold will I now get Gold, and if so from when to when; Or do I just get Silver extended through to Sep 22?
Update from BA via Twitter: Hi (dusboy) 1200 Tier Points is enough to qualify for Gold membership. This would be for the remainder of Tier Point collection year and the following year from there. So you'll be Gold until August 2021. (agent)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.