Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by ermis177
I think you have misread/misunderstood my comment. That’s what what I am saying. It was the right decision to offer a status extension.
Thanks and apologies for any misreading/interpretation errors
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
Who would have thought that an across-the-board 12-month extension of status could be so complicated?

Sometimes I think that FTers love complexity for the sake of it, and will create it where none exists.
I think BA created the complication themselves, by having different start and end dates of members’ membership years.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC
So can we now confirm that the lower thresholds are for our current year?

So if we want to upgrade from Blue to Bronze or Bronze to Silver we now have to achieve the lower thresholds in the next few months?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
I didn't quote the whole bloody message... I tried to stick to the essential part of it.

Well, apparently I need to add:
And on the top of that the other 12 months of reduced thresholds.
Hah, I am not trying to be hostile, I have just been dubious of the language, and my most recent email response from BA said that the 25% will not count towards the current year.

I, based on experience always second guess any BA emails or notices as they often leave them open to interpretation.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by Misco60
Who would have thought that an across-the-board 12-month extension of status could be so complicated?

Sometimes I think that FTers love complexity for the sake of it, and will create it where none exists.
Sure, but I don't have a 12 month extension.
As a July year-ender who has already re-qualified we/ I have been given a 25% discount on retaining gold before July 2021.
I can also understand why others find it complex as the headlines and lack of examples encourage ambiguity.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by BAeuro
So can we now confirm that the lower thresholds are for our current year?

So if we want to upgrade from Blue to Bronze or Bronze to Silver we now have to achieve the lower thresholds in the next few months?
It states on BA.com:

If you are eligible for a Tier upgrade under the reduced Tier Point or eligible flight requirement, there is no need to contact us. This will be processed automatically once the required number of Tier Points or flights have been credited to your account.

If you are eligible to renew your Tier under the reduced Tier Point or eligible flight requirement, there is no need to contact us. This will be processed automatically once your Tier Point collection year ends and you will receive an email from the Executive Club team to confirm this.

In addition, members will need to have flown a minimum number of British Airways or Iberia flights to qualify for the 25% Tier threshold reduction in order to upgrade, or subsequently renew their membership for the following year. This is 2 for Bronze membership, and 4 for Silver and Gold membership.
As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing saying that it wouldn’t apply to one’s current TP collection year.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by carat22
As a July year-ender who has already re-qualified we/ I have been given a 25% discount on retaining gold before July 2021.
You - and everyone else who has earned, or will earn, enough TPs to renew their status - will not benefit from the year's extension, but you did get it.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by carat22
I can also understand why others find it complex as the headlines and lack of examples encourage ambiguity.
Surely we have though. I'm July too and went over 1500 TP's in Feb/March, and had an email yesterday clearly saying "we’ve added 12 months extra onto your Gold Executive Club membership". Surely "12 months extra" means "what you'd have normally, plus 12 months" ??
Hawkbat likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
With apologies to Winston Churchill,

“You can always count on the Americans BA to do the right thing...

after they have tried everything else"

Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
It states on BA.com:

As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing saying that it wouldn’t apply to one’s current TP collection year.
You would think so, but..

Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, BAEC bronze, Marriott Platinum
A bit confused

BA silver with membership showing:Membership year ends:08 Jun 2021

Card expiry date:31 Jul 2020

I had only 290 TP this year and 4 flights

did not receive email about status extension

Am i still silver and has will my status be extended?

thanks
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
You would think so, but..

So, are they saying people later this year might get more than 25% for the current year or are completely contradicting the replies some of the others got?

Sigh
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Bobdh13
GOOD NEWS!

My tier points: 2,185 (so had already qualified for Gold)
Year ends: 08 Sept 2020
Card expiry date: 31 Oct 2021

Just got a reply from BA:
Which, in tally with the answer on ba.com, would indicate that those of us who have achieved status already (such as carat22 ) should see an extension.

Time will tell I suppose.

M
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Jonnyboy1977
So, are they saying people later this year might get more than 25% for the current year or are completely contradicting the replies some of the others got?

Sigh
I am emailing again to dig further, as, in classic BA style even this is still slightly open to interpretation. Based on the previous email from them, shouting about the 25% in the following year I pressed them on the current year to which I got this response.

Will update asap.
Jonnyboy1977 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Having just (May) renewed Gold, I have to say that my main (if not ONLY concern) is for the OH and I to able to resume our holiday travels!!

What happens with TPs and subsequent renewals is a case of que sera sera. 😎
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.