Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I wonder if the glitch is related to the fact that we are so close to the reset date (which only passed 3 days ago)?
Perhaps the system is still waiting for the June status updates to register before sending out the extension email to updated relivent Gold/Silver/etc members.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Goodness, how many would you like?
a) Too much Speedbird 100 (albeit not this morning!). Score another for temperance
b) Not enough coffee.
c) Laziness.
d) All of the above?
Mild chastisement regarding most plausible answer of c) above accepted in good spirit.

As someone else with a July renewal, if BA want 1125 between Jul 20-Jul 21 to let me keep my Gold beyond Aug 2021, then while there's clearly a spread of winners and losers, I'd probably find I retain it organically and it would all come out in the wash for me I guess.
Very true for us. Initially I thought we were 'winners' then 'losers' then back to 'winners'.

At no time did I think I'm never flying again with BA. Just was annoyed about the communication of it all.

The only time I thought about not flying BA transatlantic in the past three months, was the booze issue and catering.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
I got some clarification over my tier upgrade and extension after some confusion yesterday. I sent an email to customer relations yesterday afternoon and fair play to the team I’ve already got a response this morning.

Currently silver and my tier collection year ends Aug 08, I currently have 1140 tp. From the response I got I will be upgraded to gold under the new thresholds and the 1 year extension will be applied, so gold until September 2022. If so a perfect result as I was only 15tp’s over threshold and my flying resumes on the 14 of August. My status hasn’t been updated yet on the app but will have to wait and see.

Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Mike P
The main losers appear to be those with year ends from July onwards who have already re-qualified at their current tier. They simply get 25% reduction on the earning requirement in the next year.

The major winners are those who benefited from the 30% reduction in Tier Points needed to move up a tier with year ends of April, May or June. Someone with a June year end who got 1050 Tier Points before June 8th will now be Gold until the end of July 2022.
This is my main area of confusion. Others are saying quite the opposite, that those re-qualifying at their current tier will indeed get an extra year through to 2022. Maybe someone can point to the condition that states those already re-qualifying in the current year for next will not get the promised extra 12 months.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Mike P
The main losers appear to be those with year ends from July onwards who have already re-qualified at their current tier. They simply get 25% reduction on the earning requirement in the next year.
If the point was to help those who were prevented from travelling to maintain status for an extra year, what should those who managed to re-qualify on their own have been given?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Agent69
Who doesn't fall within this category
Everyone is in scope. But in theory it is easier to understand if, for example, you benefited from the 9 May 2020 dispensation - you would know you are still in scope on 9 May 2021 for the extra year. That is, until the FT hive mind kicked in.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jotaele
Either I am slow this morning or the terms of how this is going to work out are not very clear. I re qualified for Gold this year, My Tier Point collection year ended in 08 June 2020, my TP have been reset to 0 already (Tier Point collection year ends now shows 08 July 2021) and my Card expiry date currently shows 31 Jul 2020.

Anyone on a similar situation?
When you say - Tier Point Collection Year Ends - now shows 08 July - shouldn't that be June ? Or do you mean you have actually been given a month extra ?

if it is 08 June 2021, then yes - I am in the same position

No e-mail (Could be for many reasons )

Card Expiry 31 July 2020
Tier point collection year ends 08 Jun 21
0 Tier points
1500 more needed

I assume that everything will update in the next 2 weeks ?

Not exactly what it will show though ?

0 Tier points
0 needed

???

OR

Tier point collection year ends 08 Jun 22
0 Tier points
1125 needed

I assume that - apart from collecting lifetime tier points - i dont need to bother about collecting for status retention until 09 Jun 21 ?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold

Originally Posted by Scillybear
When you say - Tier Point Collection Year Ends - now shows 08 July - shouldn't that be June ? Or do you mean you have actually been given a month extra ?

if it is 08 June 2021, then yes - I am in the same position

No e-mail (Could be for many reasons )

Card Expiry 31 July 2020
0 Tier points
1500 more needed

I assume that everything will update in the next 2 weeks ?

Not exactly what it will show though ?

0 Tier points
0 needed

???

OR

Tier point collection year ends 08 Jun 22
0 Tier points
1125 needed

I assume that - apart from collecting lifetime tier points - i dont need to bother about collecting for status retention until 09 Jun 21 ?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Your card will be extended to 31 July 2021 in the next few weeks when they process this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:02 am

Yes - you and I are in exactly the same position.

Requalified as Gold on 08/06/20 - and now 08 June 2021 end.

1500 tier points needed.

I assume that will change soon when they get around to it ?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Your card will be extended to 31 July 2021 in the next few weeks when they process this.
And would we assume the tier point collection year will stay at 08/06/21 and the 1500 tier points needed will go to 0 ?

I assume that it can't go to 08/06/22 and 1125 yet - because anything I earn between now and 08/06/21 will not reduce that 1125. it will only kick in after 09/06/21

Correct ?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Scillybear
Yes - you and I are in exactly the same position.

Requalified as Gold on 08/06/20 - and now 08 June 2021 end.

1500 tier points needed.

I assume that will change soon when they get around to it ?
Yes it should do if you requalified for gold June 8
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by Finavia
I got some clarification over my tier upgrade and extension after some confusion yesterday. I sent an email to customer relations yesterday afternoon and fair play to the team I’ve already got a response this morning.

The language is still imprecise - confusing upgrades with extension and presumably the Tier Points and flights already been credited to your account - or they wouldn't say you were eligible for upgrade?

But it does add weight to the assertion that the reduced thresholds will be applied to current collection years - which I don't see for definite in any of the BA literature.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
So no 12-months-extra extension for me, right? Extending to 31 July 2021 I have earned already. Extension for me would mean 31 July 2022.

Originally Posted by KARFA
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
I just got off the phone with German BA. The lady called in the UK earlier today and told me that:

- there will be no point reset for me on May 8th 2021 and my current year will run thru 2022 and I have to earn 3750 for GGL in that timeframe (some 21 months)... I don't know if that's right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.