Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I had my reply from an email I sent yesterday to the GGL team regarding why we didnt get an email.

Just an IT glitch it was and confirmed we are GGL till 2022.

As CWS quite rightly stated April May and June are definetely included. , as normal, CWS is correct .

I normally like being right, but am very glad not on this occasion!

Other websites and bloggers are usually behind the curve and FT is the place to be for key info.

SoBA FT is the source to use!
So, status is extended once by 12 months and all ongoing TP thresholds reduced by 25% except for GUF‘s.

Since GGL is being treated as a tier, first time qualification would be at 3750TP. What about the CCR as this is a benefit and not a Tier? I assume that stays at 5000TP
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by KARFA
You got a 30% reduction and an ability to add in TPs from cancelled trips - two things as a December renewal I don't get (and I have had many cancelled trips!). So it's not quite a "woe is me..." for June year ends
This may be a total red herring, dear KARFA, but where/how does one "add in TP from cancelled trips"? Is there a source for that? We've had 740 TP's worth of trips already cancelled since our 8 May reset date.

T8191, getting older and more confused by the day!
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Either I am slow this morning or the terms of how this is going to work out are not very clear. I re qualified for Gold this year, My Tier Point collection year ended in 08 June 2020, my TP have been reset to 0 already (Tier Point collection year ends now shows 08 July 2021) and my Card expiry date currently shows 31 Jul 2020.

Anyone on a similar situation?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:21 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I am also a bit unclear on this. As a July ( ), I don't know whether July 20 or July 21 is the "next time" I am up for renewal. If it's July 20, then, no surprise, the Julys are further stuffed.
That was what prompted my "unpleasant thought", in that if it is July 20, then what do you get as an "already qualified July"

- extra time? No, it's been established that the "extra time" runs concurrently with your already earned year.
- lower target? No, you'd still need to get 3K for your GGL renewal by 08 July 21

That really would be grim

(Not even in terms of others year ends doing better, but I don't see that you'd actually get anything if it is that bad)
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
So, status is extended once by 12 months and all ongoing TP thresholds reduced by 25% except for GUF‘s.

Since GGL is being treated as a tier, first time qualification would be at 3750TP. What about the CCR as this is a benefit and not a Tier? I assume that stays at 5000TP
No, CCR cards are part of the extension and renewal of GGL with CCR is 3750 as is entry to GGL with CCL. GGL without CCR is 2250 for renewal.
crazyarmadillo, KARFA and Tafflyer like this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
This may be a total red herring, dear KARFA, but where/how does one "add in TP from cancelled trips"? Is there a source for that? We've had 740 TP's worth of trips already cancelled since our 8 May reset date.

T8191, getting older and more confused by the day!
As in you could show them to BAEC who would allow you to count them towards those who had reduced thresholds April/May/June 2020 year ends. You don't actually get the TPs. It was widely discussed in the previous TP thread COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Thanks BertieBadger, I appreciate it
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:39 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
There is an old saying:
You can please some of the people, all of the time;
You can please all of the people, some of the time;
But you can never please all of the people, all of the time.
This thread proves that proverb.

Me... I'm Silver, currently with 430 points, with an August expiry - most of my travelling is usually in Q2 (400 points of cancelled travel, with another 600+ points worth unbooked).
... in mid-February, I was hopeful of achieving Gold this year.
... by mid-March, I was pessimistic of renewing Silver!

I'll take the extension, with appreciation, and look to the lower re-qualification levels with interest: Gold for 2021/2 looks in reach on current plans.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by KARFA
As in you could show them to BAEC who would allow you to count them towards those who had reduced thresholds April/May/June 2020 year ends. You don't actually get the TPs. It was widely discussed in the previous TP thread COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
Ah, thank you. As we had renewed 'normally' on 8 May from previous bookings, it doesn't apply. As to the current year, I guess it doesn't apply. Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
I feel a flowchart coming on. Now there's an idea!

H
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Mike P
BA would struggle to renege on the promise of a reduced Tier Point earning requirement in the year FOLLOWING the extension year. It's a point which might be worth clarifying in writing with BA however.
Thanks Mike, any of you friendly helpful GGLs fancy dropping an email to the team to get clarity on exactly which years the reduced TP requirements will apply to.

I think everyone is agreed it will apply to the current year, but is it that only?

(I'm afraid I'm in the seething massed ranks of common or garden Gold, so only have access to the webform, it seems the GGL team is generally faster and better informed?)
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tafflyer

As Mike P states the CCR is indeed 3750.

Whether you received an email or not as the case may be.
Mike P likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
That was what prompted my "unpleasant thought", in that if it is July 20, then what do you get as an "already qualified July"

- extra time? No, it's been established that the "extra time" runs concurrently with your already earned year.
- lower target? No, you'd still need to get 3K for your GGL renewal by 08 July 21

That really would be grim

(Not even in terms of others year ends doing better, but I don't see that you'd actually get anything if it is that bad)
Totally, Mr. Badger. There is not really any extra time, despite the apparently positive message in the email. I can't believe they would be that mean, whilst wrapping it all up as "something to make you smile". I do in fact suspect that the period Jul 20-Jul 21 will be the 25% discount period, which would fit very closely with the 11-month long 100% discount period for June renewals.
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by T8191
Ah, thank you. As we had renewed 'normally' on 8 May from previous bookings, it doesn't apply. As to the current year, I guess it doesn't apply. Cheers.
You have almost a year's respite from your spreadsheet, and potentially a lower target next year. I think that is the simple versin.
AdBoy and T8191 like this.

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Hoch
I feel a flowchart coming on. Now there's an idea!

H
Something like this maybe to make it easier for us all to understand.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=us...A9M3HyAuJPNwM:

ML

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.