Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Old Feb 18, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Sort of a related question: my TP renewal date is 8th July and I have my flight that should renew my status me on the 4th. Will the points post in time, or if they have not posted by the 8th, will my status renew correctly when they do post?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
They should post in 72 hours and they will count as it’s date of departure that determines the credit point.
JTXC likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
My renewal date was 8th Feb 2023 and I had accumulated 1395 TPs and the required 4 flights, expecting to be downgraded to Gold (as I had reached the reduced threshold for Gold by 31st Dec 2022).

However, the app and online account still shows me as GGL, and I am being informed that I need 3000 TPs to renew GGL by 8th Feb 2024. My card expiry date remains at 31st March 2023, however. I presume the app will show me as Gold from 1st April when my current GGL card expires? Or have BA been kind enough to renew my GGL status despite not reaching the required TPs?

Not been in this scenario before so am not clear when the new lower status shows in the app, or what to expect.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
My renewal date was 8th Feb 2023 and I had accumulated 1395 TPs and the required 4 flights, expecting to be downgraded to Gold (as I had reached the reduced threshold for Gold by 31st Dec 2022).

However, the app and online account still shows me as GGL, and I am being informed that I need 3000 TPs to renew GGL by 8th Feb 2024. My card expiry date remains at 31st March 2023, however. I presume the app will show me as Gold from 1st April when my current GGL card expires? Or have BA been kind enough to renew my GGL status despite not reaching the required TPs?

Not been in this scenario before so am not clear when the new lower status shows in the app, or what to expect.
This is normal app behaviour. If you are gold, but get enough TPs to reach Silver (600), the app will still show you needing 900 more to reach Gold, rather than having reached Silver. Once the year ends, it will sort itself out.
crazyanglaisy likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy

Deleted
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by harri
For my husband still nothing. I think will need to call again
Just an update: They have now updated my husband's card expiry date to 31 Oct 2024. Took some time, but nice that it's now processed.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by 81romeo
All I got in writing from a GGL line agent (not the Loyalty team) are the following lines, after chasing:

Dear Mr 81romeo
As per our phone call earlier this morning I can confirm you have another year of Gold Guest List based on the two flights you took in December where the tier points from these flights meant you had qualified under the reduced threshold by 31st December 2022.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Quick update just to let you know my card expiry has been updated today, validity now till June 2024.
harri and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
With 20 points short of that required for a status level jump. What is the Most cost effective route / method for a TP run?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by onaswan
With 20 points short of that required for a status level jump. What is the Most cost effective route / method for a TP run?
Probably cheap flight somewhere in the UK, with one leg in business? or if economy, making sure the flight is not in the lowest fare bucket
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by onaswan
Start with the usual questions:
  • Where are you based?
  • By when do you need them?
  • What are your other constraints?
  • Most importantly: what have you already found in your own research?
Once you have all of those, ask here: BA Tier Point Runs | 2023 edition
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Many thanks. Yes, apologies for not giving the full story. I'll head to that link.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:04 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Just looking for a sanity check here - as I think my wife has a "bank error in her favour" regarding Gold card expiry date, at least to my understanding of the extensions that have been given. Quite possible though that my understanding is not correct, as I stopped following all the details a while back (when it seemed that zero-covid in China was going to go on and on indefinitely).

So pre-pandemic (July 2019) I gifted her a Gold card (May 8th Tier Point collection year) as a GGL. I haven't gifted her Gold status since that time, as (i) it isn't possible to do that until she drops back to silver and (ii) I used the Gold card gifting for other people.

She currently has zero Tier Points. Also we live in China, where restrictions and the requirement for government-managed quarantine were just relaxed in January this year, so she has not flown outside China on any airline, let alone on a OneWorld airline, for more than three years. So zero Tier Points over all that time, given there are no domestic OneWorld affiliated airlines inside China, at least yet ...

What then should her Gold card expiry date be at this point in time?

As far I can tell it should be June 2023 (extended fully twice from 2019, but with zero TPs in the present year, she only has Gold until the end of the month following her next TP reset date)

Is that correct? Or should it be end of June 2024 (which is what her account currently says ...)?
Old Mar 11, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Got a very nice surprise this morning. I have been Gold for about ten years, was expecting to drop to Silver, as I just didn't get enough opportunities to travel on BA this past year. I had 800 tier points (so would have made Silver even without the soft landing) and got an email today that my Gold level has been extended for an additional year. I hadn't asked, so it was a nice gesture from BA and is definitely giving me a good deal of motivation to try and hit Gold this year.
PETER01, alex67500, dougzz and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 5:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dcmike
Got a very nice surprise this morning. I have been Gold for about ten years, was expecting to drop to Silver, as I just didn't get enough opportunities to travel on BA this past year. I had 800 tier points (so would have made Silver even without the soft landing) and got an email today that my Gold level has been extended for an additional year. I hadn't asked, so it was a nice gesture from BA and is definitely giving me a good deal of motivation to try and hit Gold this year.
Was this at the end of your year?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
Was this at the end of your year?
Yes - I had a March 8 tier point collection year end.
izzik likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.