Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
Jan 1.
I guess it was the weekend ...
Old Jan 5, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I have not yet checked my BAEC account but saw the email confirming another year of GGL. I am so glad.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:47 am

Afternoon/evening

I've not had anything yet: neither website, email or app. I did meet the reduced qualification in all aspects.

Anyone else still waiting?

Thanks

Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
Jan 1.
That doesn't surprise me. I always suspected that a flight on 1st/2nd Jan would slip though.

The easiest and quickest way was for BA to wait until the bulk of the 31st flights had been posted, and then do a bulk query of the customers that had met the 25% reduced tier points, which would then feed into the process to extend them.

Could they have unpicked whether it was a 31st flight vs 1st/2nd Jan. Obviously it's possible. But suspect it was a lot more complicated to do so for millions of accounts. So I suspect a (sensible) decision was taken that it was cheaper to let a few slip through, than expend more resource (which means money) to filter out those edge cases.

Enjoy another year...

(PS. Just because your 1st Jan flight slipped through, I'm not convinced every 1st Jan flight would have been included - just yours posted quickly enough before they ran their report)
UrbanLegend likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Just received email confirming status renewed for another year
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:08 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
I've just received my email today saying I have another year of gold. I'm a Jan 8th membership year and got 1165 TP last year.

Also we can actually request physical cards now it seems. That's what the email said.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just received a second confirmatory (Gold retention) email today 😀 I think it may have been because a flight I completed on Wednesday took me over 1500 TPs anyway. The second email was slightly modified and did not mention the temporarily reduced threshold. You would have thought the BA IT systems would have picked up that I had already been renewed 😉
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:16 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by ademanuele
Just received a second confirmatory (Gold retention) email today 😀 I think it may have been because a flight I completed on Wednesday took me over 1500 TPs anyway. The second email was slightly modified and did not mention the temporarily reduced threshold. You would have thought the BA IT systems would have picked up that I had already been renewed 😉
Same here. Although no flights since end of November. Immediately checked to see if my expiry went to 2025 😁. Unfortunately BA IT hasn’t been quite that bad in this occasion 😢.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Same here. Although no flights since end of November. Immediately checked to see if my expiry went to 2025 😁. Unfortunately BA IT hasn’t been quite that bad in this occasion 😢.
Haha, yes, we should get a bonus!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:52 am

Gold renewal received. To be honest this is the last year I think I'll be Gold unless the double tier points for holidays continues. Not actually chasing TPs this year as I know I won;'t get to gold and will soft land to silver anyway. 2 x Caribbean holidays on 241 vouchers + separate hotel booking is saving >10k off BA holidays prices.

Mrs Dr I_concur is so pissed off with BA she is telling us not to fly with them again anyway. And thats after F flights.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Just got my email; slightly different wording but the same idea. Good result coming from double tier point flights.

LCSinTexas and UrbanLegend like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 11:49 am
Suspended

I've now received two confirmatory emails and both the website and the IOS app show my new GC ending dates in 2024.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Still nothing here
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As a datapoint, I got the GGL renewal e-mail, 5 hours ago and now my status is extended until 2024.
For those who would like a real time experience, after receiving the e-mail, it could take time for your status to get extended as I assume they are doing this manually.
firstlight likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As a datapoint, I got the GGL renewal e-mail, 5 hours ago and now my status is extended until 2024.
For those who would like a real time experience, after receiving the e-mail, it could take time for your status to get extended as I assume they are doing this manually.
Heaven forbid that they would use their wonderful IT system to do this automatically :-)
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.