Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Old Nov 30, 22, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold
Originally Posted by crazy8534 View Post
Not to be that guy but I am pretty sure it will last until 30th April 2024.
Damn! Yes, you are of course correct!
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 22, 8:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
how long does it usually take to update the account? i am over 2900TP in my first three months of my current year (sept 9) but the app and website still showing only valid to oct 23.
Old Nov 30, 22, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by danmushman View Post
Neither! You turn gold instantly once you reach the 1125, you get this for the rest of your current year (up to 31st March 2023) + the next year (up to 31 March 2024).
Originally Posted by crazy8534 View Post
Not to be that guy but I am pretty sure it will last until 30th April 2024.
Even better! Thanks all!
Old Nov 30, 22, 8:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by VSLover View Post
how long does it usually take to update the account? i am over 2900TP in my first three months of my current year (sept 9) but the app and website still showing only valid to oct 23.
The technology doesn't reflect the reduced thresholds. If you're GGL then once you hit the traditional GGL renewal figure of 3000 it will show you that your status has been extended by virtue of the fact it won't show you that you need to collect any more points.
VSLover likes this.
Old Nov 30, 22, 10:16 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
It is all on the BA FAQs: https://www.britishairways.com/en-bg...s-and-benefits

Please note, Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 will see the normal Tier Point threshold in the ‘My Account’ area on ba.com and the British Airways app from the start of their Tier Point collection year.

To renew or upgrade your membership under the 25% Tier threshold reduction for the following year, you will need to have flown the minimum number of British Airways or Iberia flights. This is two flights for Bronze membership, and four flights for Silver and Gold membership.
Old Nov 30, 22, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, Marriott
I have reached 1,180 tier points, but it doesn’t say that my Gold status has been renewed?

My tier point collection date ends in May 2024
Old Nov 30, 22, 10:49 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Grande Annee View Post
I have reached 1,180 tier points, but it doesnt say that my Gold status has been renewed?
If you are renewing your status at the reduced TP targets, that will be processed in January as per BA's own FAQ on the subject. It should update then.
Old Nov 30, 22, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, Marriott
Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
If you are renewing your status at the reduced TP targets, that will be processed in January as per BA's own FAQ on the subject. It should update then.
Thanks Bertie
Old Dec 14, 22, 8:11 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
I have just gone past 2250 to retain GGL before year end, vs the 3000 I would otherwise have needed by Feb. I can confirm that a) the app still says I need c700, b) my card expiry date remains the same and c) I have received zero congratulatory emails about retaining my status!! Fingers crossed therefore that BA's generally faultless IT will recognise the exact date I crossed the line. Oh, wait.....
firstlight likes this.
Old Dec 14, 22, 8:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by snuffi View Post
I have just gone past 2250 to retain GGL before year end, vs the 3000 I would otherwise have needed by Feb. I can confirm that a) the app still says I need c700, b) my card expiry date remains the same and c) I have received zero congratulatory emails about retaining my status!! Fingers crossed therefore that BA's generally faultless IT will recognise the exact date I crossed the line. Oh, wait.....
the same. It's why i'm printing out my statement so I have hard copy evidence in case the IT goes wrong.
81romeo likes this.
Old Dec 15, 22, 11:45 am

So today I received the following. A bit odd, given I had easily renewed already. Wonder if it's a blanket thing?

Dear Flashware,

We know that during your current Membership year we haven’t consistently delivered the level of service you’ve come to expect from British Airways, particularly as a frequent flier.

To say thank you for your continued loyalty and support during the past year, we’ll be renewing your Gold Tier Status for one more year, irrespective of how many Tier Points you’ve earned in your current Tier Point Collection Year.

You don’t need to do anything. We’ll automatically apply another year of Gold Tier Status to your account within the next few days.

Thank you again for your understanding, patience and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back on board soon.

With best wishes
Your Executive Club Team
IMH, firstlight and TTmex like this.
Old Dec 15, 22, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
So today I received the following. A bit odd, given I had easily renewed already. Wonder if it's a blanket thing?

Dear Flashware,

We know that during your current Membership year we havent consistently delivered the level of service youve come to expect from British Airways, particularly as a frequent flier.

To say thank you for your continued loyalty and support during the past year, well be renewing your Gold Tier Status for one more year, irrespective of how many Tier Points youve earned in your current Tier Point Collection Year.

You dont need to do anything. Well automatically apply another year of Gold Tier Status to your account within the next few days.

Thank you again for your understanding, patience and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back on board soon.

With best wishes
Your Executive Club Team
Nothing on my side and as an August renewal I'd be gobsmacked if they added another year onto what's already been protected. I'll also requalify easily by Feb. Interesting to see if you get an extra year on top of what you've already renewed.
Old Dec 15, 22, 2:33 pm

Dear Flashware,

We know that during your current Membership year we havent consistently delivered the level of service youve come to expect from British Airways, particularly as a frequent flier.

To say thank you for your continued loyalty and support during the past year, well be renewing your Gold Tier Status for one more year, irrespective of how many Tier Points youve earned in your current Tier Point Collection Year.

You dont need to do anything. Well automatically apply another year of Gold Tier Status to your account within the next few days.

With best wishes
Your Executive Club Team
When was your renewal date?
Old Dec 15, 22, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by babyg_wc View Post
When was your renewal date?
Sorry, I should have mentioned (been a long week!). January 8.
Old Dec 15, 22, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Sorry, I should have mentioned (been a long week!). January 8.
so either this will happen to all Jan 8th golds or flashware is special due to high CIV or length of time in BAEC or some other reason we can't guess (Like a BA random lottery prize generator). More data needed on this although it wont make any difference to him. BA could send this out to all those who requalified already but that would be pointless.
HB7, jonr405 and m8_rotate like this.

Search this Thread