Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:14 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I am a bit perplexed. I have, as far as I can tell requalified for Gold as I have 1200 (will be 1280 when the latest SOF - LHR posts). I had to obtain 1125 by 31st December so I have crossed that threshold. My renewal is April 2023. However in Manage My Account it saysTo retain Gold membership you need an additional:

300 Tier Points

I am confused. Should I call or when will they notify me?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I think it will change to Qualified on Jan 1st, if I read other posts correctly. You have made it, hurrah, but won’t show until end of year.
PUCCI GALORE, LPQ, ubiest and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I am a bit perplexed. I have, as far as I can tell requalified for Gold as I have 1200 (will be 1280 when the latest SOF - LHR posts). I had to obtain 1125 by 31st December so I have crossed that threshold. My renewal is April 2023. However in Manage My Account it saysTo retain Gold membership you need an additional:

300 Tier Points

I am confused. Should I call or when will they notify me?
wanderingjock is correct. As you have a APR2023 renewal, the reduced tier points for renewal will be actioned until sometime in January. From ba.com:
Please note, Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 will see the normal Tier Point threshold in the ‘My Account’ area on ba.com and the British Airways app from the start of their Tier Point collection year.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to upgrade your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will automatically be upgraded once you have earnt the required number of Tier Points. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to renew your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will be automatically renewed in January 2023. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...s-and-benefits
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:43 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
wanderingjock is correct. As you have a APR2023 renewal, the reduced tier points for renewal will be actioned until sometime in January. From ba.com:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...s-and-benefits
Thank you both so much you and wanderingjock for taking the time and trouble to help me. I get it entirely. I have qualified but they won’t tell me until the New Yesr. You have saved me having to call and I suspect that the events of the next week and the wretched French ATC (I happen to know the real reasons and so try to be understanding) will tie the phones up for hours.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Thank you both so much you and wanderingjock for taking the time and trouble to help me. I get it entirely. I have qualified but they won’t tell me until the New Yesr. You have saved me having to call and I suspect that the events of the next week and the wretched French ATC (I happen to know the real reasons and so try to be understanding) will tie the phones up for hours.
Ah but if the lovely Ms Galore has 1200 points now, midway through September, shouldn't gold kick in now, not on 1st Jan
That's three and a half months of lost golden benefits
I will hopefully qualify as Gold before the end of October and would hope to be gold with lounge access and first wing before a flight in mid november
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Ah but if the lovely Ms Galore has 1200 points now, midway through September, shouldn't gold kick in now, not on 1st Jan
I will hopefully qualify as Gold before the end of October and would hope to be gold with lounge access and first wing before a flight in mid november
She said "requalified." This would appear to mean she is already gold, so it's irrelevant in her case, if not yours.

Those of us who either requalified or moved up in tiers before the end of TP years already passed, generally got an almost immediate reconfirmation or bump up, which makes perfect sense in that the BA IT systems indicated the reduced TP requirements on our account pages. I'd imagine that BAEC members whose TP years end before the end of the year will also get an immediate bump up or retention of status because the TPs reset to zero at that point.

It's the case of people who are trying to attain or retain status with TP years ending after the first of the year, but who hope to qualify by Dec.31st, whose status could be in limbo temporarily unless manually corrected by BA staff. Even though one might assume that BA intends to immediately recognize the new status they will attain before the end of the year, I haven't seen it written down anywhere that this is how they are going to routinely handle it. From a batch processing standpoint, it probably makes more sense for BA to address the reduced requirements for tiers of individuals attaining status at reduced TP levels before the end of their TP years, at the end of the year, than to do so person by person in the last few months of the calendar year. As has been noted repeatedly, there is a disconnect between what BA says they are going to do and what shows up when you look at your own personal account page on the BA EC website

But who knows? This is an IT system that thinks you are using multiple browsers on their website when you are not, that can't find any of your bookings at least 20% of the time when you log in, that fails on so many levels, that to expect anything in particular to happen automatically, in this circumstance, is maybe a bridge too far.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
As she is seeking to retain Gold status (not attain a new higher status) and her year end is APR23, the FAQs provide that she will requalify in January using the reduced TPs. See the bolded part in the quote above.
If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to renew your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will be automatically renewed in January 2023. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Ahh yes
My error, re-qualify rather than qualify
Reading and posting at 2am is ever good
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
The wiki post above mentions "Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months" - my Gold card expires in October 2022, does this mean I have another year to stay as Gold? (ie until October 2023?)
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by jaro
The wiki post above mentions "Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months" - my Gold card expires in October 2022, does this mean I have another year to stay as Gold? (ie until October 2023?)
Your renewal date should therefore be September as your card expires the end of October, in which case you should get renewed for another year. Check your app to be sure that your tier point year ends September 8th
jaro likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaro
In the Executive Club Guide thread you posted that your collection year ended 8OCT22? If your collection year really ends 8SEP22 then you have already have been extended. If 8OCT is correct, then BAEC at this time has not announced any automatic extensions.
Any chance of TPs counting towards the next year? My TP year ends 8th Oct (including) but I'm also planning to fly on 8th (for 420 TPs) - I won't hit next status with the flights on 8th either way
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34591362-post268.html
golfmad and DiamondMile like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:21 pm

Unexpected status extension

Husband and I have been silver for 10 years and it looked like he wasn’t going to re-qualify this year, unfortunately his renewal date is 8th Oct so missed the 300 TP renewal by a week and is due to hit 300 TPs on 7th Oct. He called exec club this week to try and plead his case but to no avail! The very next day, he received an email thanking him for his loyalty etc etc and extending his status for another year.

Just wondered if anyone else had received a similar e-mail this week?
zen100 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:00 am

I’ve read through a lot of this post and I’m still not 100% sure on what will happen to my status.

Currently silver having hit the reduced threshold. My tier point collection year ends in November. Will I keep silver for 2023? Or will I bump down to bronze as a result of not hitting the full 600 for silver?

In the app it says my card expiry is Dec 2023.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NI1981
I’ve read through a lot of this post and I’m still not 100% sure on what will happen to my status.

Currently silver having hit the reduced threshold. My tier point collection year ends in November. Will I keep silver for 2023? Or will I bump down to bronze as a result of not hitting the full 600 for silver?

It appears to me that you have already been renewed at silver by reaching the reduced tier point requirements.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NI1981

It appears that you have answered your own question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.