Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:08 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by subject2load
(apologies in advance if old news)

Much to my surprise, I cannot seem to find coverage of this elsewhere (??) on the Forum, but it appears that BA have further reduced the threshold for renewal of Silver status, which will now require only 300 TP’s, as opposed to the previous lower threshold of 450.

Official notification here

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...eshold-reduced
Very nice to see. Doesn't help me as my TP collection year ends Nov. 8, 2022 and I plan to requalify after this date for 2 years of Silver. But glad that many will benefit.

And maybe there will be some reduction for the following TP year at some point. Just booked my 4 flights on BA in late December/early January and planing to divert some AS flighs from AA to BA t for the TP. Fewer would be better.

Cheers.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by brp
Very nice to see. Doesn't help me as my TP collection year ends Nov. 8, 2022 and I plan to requalify after this date for 2 years of Silver. But glad that many will benefit.

And maybe there will be some reduction for the following TP year at some point. Just booked my 4 flights on BA in late December/early January and planing to divert some AS flighs from AA to BA t for the TP. Fewer would be better.

Cheers.
Ha! In a very similar boat - I'll hit the 450 mark with my flights next month and also have a November year-end date. But still, it's a good thing for them to do, certainly.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ KARFA - I did have a (quick !) look at the Wiki and can see that there is indeed mention of the 300 threshold, which I obviously missed.

That said, am wondering if there is something ‘new’ in the BA page I linked, from which it appears that the reduced threshold can be achieved “by your next Tier Point Collection Year end date” ……. whereas previously it only covered those with a June-September end date ….. ??
(but I may well have got that wrong too …… )
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Its been in that page since mid july at least

I think its been there since early june
jerry a. laska and KARFA like this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Aug 11, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Its been in that page since mid july at least

I think its been there since early june
Something weird though. My daughter has 400 TP (all BA flight) and 8 Sep year end but remains Bronze.

EDIT: ok, got it. This is RENEWALS only.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Sorry to ask a question on this. But I have a year end date of 8 November and I will fall just short of keeping gold (which would be until the end of 2023) by then for various reasons.

Is it the case that I can get the reduced target of 1125 Tier Points between 8 November and 31 December and then maintain gold status until the end of 2024? Or doesn't it work like that?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by trains
Sorry to ask a question on this. But I have a year end date of 8 November and I will fall just short of keeping gold (which would be until the end of 2023) by then for various reasons.

Is it the case that I can get the reduced target of 1125 Tier Points between 8 November and 31 December and then maintain gold status until the end of 2024? Or doesn't it work like that?
Yes, if you manage to collect the 1125 in the short space of time between November and end of December, you will get gold. The reduction is for everyone and simply ends on 31 Dec regardless of where in your year you are.
The _Banking_Scot and trains like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by trains

hi

You will have gold status until Nov 2024 ( and card benefits until Dec 2024)

Regards

Tbs
trains likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I’m currently Blue with a Tier Point year ending on 8th Nov 2022 and have enough flights booked between mid Nov and 31st Dec to in theory get Gold for the first time ever based on the reduced threshold of 1125 TPs before 31st Dec. What I’m unsure of is if the reduced thresholds apply for people moving from Blue straight to Gold for the first time in a TP collection year ending in 2023, has anyone else here who is in their 2023 TP collection year already managed to move from Blue to Gold based on the 1125 threshold?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Pauls1
I’m currently Blue with a Tier Point year ending on 8th Nov 2022 and have enough flights booked between mid Nov and 31st Dec to in theory get Gold for the first time ever based on the reduced threshold of 1125 TPs before 31st Dec. What I’m unsure of is if the reduced thresholds apply for people moving from Blue straight to Gold for the first time in a TP collection year ending in 2023, has anyone else here who is in their 2023 TP collection year already managed to move from Blue to Gold based on the 1125 threshold?
The reduced by 25% thresholds apply to everyone until 31 Dec. There are some other rules for others (50% off for some silvers who want to retain for example) but the 25% is for all.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by sb1982
The reduced by 25% thresholds apply to everyone until 31 Dec. There are some other rules for others (50% off for some silvers who want to retain for example) but the 25% is for all.
That’s what I thought from reading the info on the BA web page, however when I spoke to 2 different people at the Exec Club on their phone line, they said that the reduced thresholds were only for people renewing a status level and not for people who have no status because they’re just Blue at the moment, hence asking if anyone with a 2023 TP end date has actually managed to get from Blue to Gold, or whether it’s just a case of the people who run the Exec Club phone line not being told the right information?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Pauls1
That’s what I thought from reading the info on the BA web page, however when I spoke to 2 different people at the Exec Club on their phone line, they said that the reduced thresholds were only for people renewing a status level and not for people who have no status because they’re just Blue at the moment, hence asking if anyone with a 2023 TP end date has actually managed to get from Blue to Gold, or whether it’s just a case of the people who run the Exec Club phone line not being told the right information?
That's not true then what they say, and the BA website T&Cs say otherwise. I am logged into Bronze account that renews in April 2023 and it says clearly that reduced threshold applies to get to Silver too.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by subject2load
(apologies in advance if old news)

Much to my surprise, I cannot seem to find coverage of this elsewhere (??) on the Forum, but it appears that BA have further reduced the threshold for renewal of Silver status, which will now require only 300 TP’s, as opposed to the previous lower threshold of 450.

Official notification here

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...eshold-reduced
This was done a while ago, it only applies to people with July, August or September tier point collection year end dates.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Varies
That's not true then what they say, and the BA website T&Cs say otherwise. I am logged into Bronze account that renews in April 2023 and it says clearly that reduced threshold applies to get to Silver too.
My renewal date is April 2023. I'm currently Bronze. The website says I need 450 tier points to get to Silver (if achieved by the end of the year). The app says "Silver achieved" . It also says I've earnt zero tier points (correct) and "600 more needed".

It's a bit confusing to be honest. As far as I'm aware, the website is correct and the app seems to be in a bit of a muddle.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
For Silver July-September year-end would the the reduced 31DEC22 threshold be 25% or 50%?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.