Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Amb Elite
Originally Posted by Rubecula
Yet another December 8 GGL here, good to know the extension is on its way. I was not expecting this extension.
…and another one here in the same boat. I emailed GGL team who forwarded my query to membership services. They sent me the following seemingly generic reply, which I’ve queried further as it seems to simultaneously say we should and should not see a change on our accounts?

”Thank you for getting in contact with us - It's always a pleasure hearing from one of our most frequent and loyal travellers.
We’re adding 12 months extra onto your Executive Club membership – so you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever you’re ready to fly!The 12-month status extension will be applied automatically to those memberships with Tier Point collection end dates before 31 December 2022. Your card expiry date will update when your current Tier Point collection year renews. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

What’s more, it will be even easier to retain your status next time you’re up for renewal, as we’ve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%. This is the same for upgrades too, making that next Tier a little more achievable.

This results in lower Tier qualification thresholds as laid out below

Bronze: 225 Tier Points or 18 eligible flights

Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights

Gold: 1125 Tier Points
I hope this information has been helpful and thank you for choosing British Airways.Your new Tier Point collection year is represented by your card expiry date which can be viewed on the My Executive Club page on BA.com or the mobile app. This is shown underneath the “View more account information” drop down on BA.com, or at the bottom of the ‘My account’ page on the mobile app.”
Old May 1, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My tier collection year ends in September. BA has already emailed me that I’ll need to earn fewer TP.

I have a few retro claims open from October/November 2021 - those TP would count towards the 300 or so TP needed to renew my Silver status, right?

Do I still need 4 BA flights or has that requirement been reduced as well?

Thanks.
Old May 1, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
My tier collection year ends in September. BA has already emailed me that I’ll need to earn fewer TP.

I have a few retro claims open from October/November 2021 - those TP would count towards the 300 or so TP needed to renew my Silver status, right?

Do I still need 4 BA flights or has that requirement been reduced as well?.
Yes, flights in October/November 2021 would count to your September 2021 to September 2022 year. That's a very long time for claim to be open though.

Yes, you still need four BA flights, no changes to that requirement.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thank you!
I only submitted the claims 2 weeks ago or so. Hope they’ll post soon (AY flights, some operated by QR)…
Old May 4, 2022, 4:04 am

I'm still confused. my card expiry is Feb and my account shows I need 1500 tier points to retain gold. Was there a reduced target to attain by end December in order to retain status?
Old May 4, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
I'm still confused. my card expiry is Feb and my account shows I need 1500 tier points to retain gold. Was there a reduced target to attain by end December in order to retain status?
And that is correct the app will show 1500, however if you attain the lower threshold prior to the end of december you will get extended

This way they do not have people complaining in January they were unaware when the target suddenly jumps up.

in the FAQ
How do I benefit from the reduced Tier Point requirement to upgrade or renew my Tier? you can see the sentence

"Please note, Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 will see the normal Tier Point threshold in the ‘My Account’ area on ba.com and the British Airways app from the start of their Tier Point collection year."

Last edited by scottishpoet; May 4, 2022 at 4:36 am
Old May 6, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlightDetective

Yes, you still need four BA flights, no changes to that requirement.
Is the requirement for the flight to be on BA metal or on a 125.... ticket?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TheChangingMan
Neither.

The ticket that you have bought must be for:
  • a BA-coded flight operated by anyone;
  • a flight on any other airline's code, operated by BA; or
  • an IB-coded flight operated by IB.
In all cases, it must be a flight that earns Avios and TPs in BAEC.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Thanks
No requirement on ticket issuer.

In terms of flights it is any:
- BA operated or BA marketed flight (for example a BA codehsare on EI would count)
- IB marketed and operated flight.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:06 am

I see the terms and conditions say "Members must ensure they take at least four flights operated by British Airways". So, if I'm on BA85 (LHR - YVR) but ticketed as AA6916 does that count?
Old May 6, 2022, 9:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

Thanks
This is the definition for 'eligible' flights:Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.
  • 'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
  • 'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).
  • 'Marketed and operated by Iberia' means the flight will have an IB flight number and the aircraft you travel on is an Iberia aircraft (including franchises).
EDIT: Crikey I was WAY too slow with that answer!
Old May 6, 2022, 9:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I see the terms and conditions say "Members must ensure they take at least four flights operated by British Airways". So, if I'm on BA85 (LHR - YVR) but ticketed as AA6916 does that count?
It's in the definitions you've been given here. BA85 is BA operated so it's within the definition of an eligible flight.
lsquare and KARFA like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

Thanks
BA flight on 125 ticket stock qualifies.
Any flight operated by a BA aircraft, regardless of ticketing stock, will qualify.
Iberia flights on Iberia aircraft AND Iberia ticket stock also qualify.
Codeshare flights operated by a partner airline (AA for example) but carrying a BA flight number on your boarding pass/ticket are also considered a qualifying flight.

See above for faster and more accurate response!!!
Old May 6, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by geo1005
BA flight on 125 ticket stock qualifies.
Any flight operated by a BA aircraft, regardless of ticketing stock, will qualify.
Iberia flights on Iberia aircraft AND Iberia ticket stock also qualify.
Ticket stock is completely irrelevant.

I don't know why there is such so much talk on FT about ticket stock.
lsquare and golfmad like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:53 am

Thanks everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.