Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by chspw1
  • However, Silver members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will given a 50% reduction in the amount of tier points needed (From 600 to 300 TPs)
I wonder if a Silver with a year end of May 8 or June 8 has over 300 TPs (but under 450) they'll be extended?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Well this is great news, and I certainly was not expecting it. The timing is perfect, as I have two long-haul avios bookings coming up - one next month and another in September - and I had been ummimg and ahing for a while as to whether I should change either one or both to revenue bookings in order to keep Gold status.

I had the email come through just after midday. The extension isn't showing yet on my account.

This is one very happy Executive Club member!
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
I’m happy about this. I wasn’t going to make it and have lots of travel planned in 2023.
drwook likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Right, so I have enough TPs, now just need the cheapest possible return to get me up to 4 BA flights and I'm done. And I can use an FTV for that.

Hardly worth bothering with that holiday to Dubai now...
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:45 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
My Silver email says that the updated threshold is not shown yet on the website. So I guess they are now acknowledging this oversight mentioned by many above.

"Your Tier Point tracker on ba.com and the British Airways app will continue to show a threshold of 450 Tier Points. Please rest assured we have activated your reduced Tier Point threshold."
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Not worried. I just find it odd that the wording says "we have already applied it" (see below). Why say that if they havent surely better to say "we will be applying this over the next few weeks" - then if it happens earlier everyone is impressed - simple basic marketing/customer experience technique!

Where can I see if the 12-month extension has been applied to my membership?We have already applied the 12-month extension to all eligible Members with Tier Point Collection Year end dates between July 2022 – September 2022.
  • On ba.com: Log in to your Executive Club account via the ‘My Executive Club’ page and click on the “View more account information” drop down.
  • On the app: Go to 'My account' and scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
HighwayToHEL and TTmex like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by Waggy
Not worried. I just find it odd that the wording says "we have already applied it" (see below). Why say that if they havent surely better to say "we will be applying this over the next few weeks" - then if it happens earlier everyone is impressed - simple basic marketing/customer experience technique!

Where can I see if the 12-month extension has been applied to my membership?We have already applied the 12-month extension to all eligible Members with Tier Point Collection Year end dates between July 2022 – September 2022.
  • On ba.com: Log in to your Executive Club account via the ‘My Executive Club’ page and click on the “View more account information” drop down.
  • On the app: Go to 'My account' and scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
I'm also not seeing it my account yet.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Interesting. Well at least my 620 tier points earned this year haven't been a total waste.
True, presumably you got to travel to where you needed to go?
Dan72 and alex67500 like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Interesting. Well at least my 620 tier points earned this year haven't been a total waste.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
True, presumably you got to travel to where you needed to go?
And 1.77% progress towards lifetime gold (and 0.62% progress towards lifetime GGL).
Tobias-UK, HighwayToHEL and drwook like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have the email not but account still says card expiry Sep 22. I guess I have to wait for that to update but I assume the email is sufficient to amend my plans.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
When I saw this email had hoped it was an extension for having been caught up in the check-in/security fun and games.

Anyway will end up dropping my lowly bronze status as have too many Avios to use to be doing many cash tickets, but might have a go for Silver in the second half of the year (July renewal).
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I don't have the mail and nor does my account show anything updated

(paranoia sets in)
jason8612, orbitmic and Mirp like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Mapman
No sign of my online account recognising the extension yet, but email received.
I could be wrong, but the way I see it there's no hurry at all as even the July year end members have status valid until 31 Aug anyway, so as long as it's updated before that date I don't see an issue. I'm sure the accounts will be updated soon enough.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
I don't have the mail and nor does my account show anything updated

(paranoia sets in)
I'm the same... but not feeling paranoid about it just yet! I wonder if it might also be based on where accounts are based etc.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm the same... but not feeling paranoid about it just yet! I wonder if it might also be based on where accounts are based etc.
I still don’t have the mail yet so without FT I wouldn’t even have been looking at my account to worry about it! To be fair I didn’t receive the Sean Doyle email either. Maybe they have sent me a carrier pigeon instead (possibly named Speckled Jim)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.