Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Apologies if this has been mentioned up thread, could i just confirm that the threshold for reaching GGL (not renewal) is 3750?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by ceej123
Apologies if this has been mentioned up thread, could i just confirm that the threshold for reaching GGL (not renewal) is 3750?
Yes. Currently until 31st of December 2022.
ceej123 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:53 pm

Does the 3750 include the CCR card which is usually 5000?

thanks
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Egbg100
Does the 3750 include the CCR card which is usually 5000?

thanks
Basically there is no CCR card anymore so if you are a GGL you have access to the CCR.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by KARFA
Basically there is no CCR card anymore so if you are a GGL you have access to the CCR.
What happened? What is the requalification requirement?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
What happened? What is the requalification requirement?
Basically as KARFA said, the moment you qualify (or requalify) as GGL, you automatically have access to CCR. The separate qualification (and requalification) for CCR has been abolished by BA during COVID.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
It is about the time to BA bring back officially lowered renewal thresholds. While there are different thoughts about what that number could be, if at all, I would suggest that for Silver 500TP(previously 400TP), Gold 1100TPs(previously 800TP) and GGL 2250TP.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
It is about the time to BA bring back officially lowered renewal thresholds. While there are different thoughts about what that number could be, if at all, I would suggest that for Silver 500TP(previously 400TP), Gold 1100TPs(previously 800TP) and GGL 2250TP.
It's possible BA would extend the 25% reduced thresholds - beyond the current date of Dec 2022. I think it's less likely, but time will tell.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Posted this elsewhere so apologies for double posting. I can make GGL this year at reduced threshold by optimising normal travel and adding in one proper TP run near year end. Thought about going to SFO for New Years and flying back New Years Day. I know people have been able to use the grace period if they get those last few TPs in the week or so after collection year end date. So Im wondering if it might be possible to do similar and get TPs flown on Jan 1 to be counted in calendar year 2022. Thoughts?

Obviously this would all be much easier if they just extended the reduced thresholds!!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by zen100
It's possible BA would extend the 25% reduced thresholds - beyond the current date of Dec 2022. I think it's less likely, but time will tell.
Agreed, feels like all of this is over to me (this being reduced TP thresholds, year-end extensions and even BwC post-Sep) given no extension on July year-ends which would have been announced recently
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
How many TPs do you need to requalify for GGL?
As an example a DUB-LHR-JFK-SFO run would get you 640 plus 80 if you positioned to DUB with BA. Starting in HEL or OTP would get you more TPs.

So what I am trying to say is to avoid risk you might be able to get the TPs needed this side of the deadline.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
How many TPs do you need to requalify for GGL?
As an example a DUB-LHR-JFK-SFO run would get you 640 plus 80 if you positioned to DUB with BA. Starting in HEL or OTP would get you more TPs.

So what I am trying to say is to avoid risk you might be able to get the TPs needed this side of the deadline.
Yep, that is exactly the routing I have planned for this potential New Year trip. By current calculations Ill need between 600-800, depending on how many shorthauls I do back and forth to Europe over this year. Just thought it would be fun to do NY in SF and wouldnt need to take off any holiday time on New Years weekend.

Last edited by RichieMc; Apr 15, 2022 at 3:17 pm
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Posted this elsewhere so apologies for double posting. I can make GGL this year at reduced threshold by optimising normal travel and adding in one proper TP run near year end. Thought about going to SFO for New Years and flying back New Years Day. I know people have been able to use the grace period if they get those last few TPs in the week or so after collection year end date. So Im wondering if it might be possible to do similar and get TPs flown on Jan 1 to be counted in calendar year 2022. Thoughts?

Obviously this would all be much easier if they just extended the reduced thresholds!!
Im afraid this is very unlikely to work, the reduced TP thresholds end on 31 December so you must hit your target on or before that date. If you don't you will have to meet the standard 5000 TP requirement. BA are very strict when it comes to GGL qualification.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by eh220160
Agreed, feels like all of this is over to me (this being reduced TP thresholds, year-end extensions and even BwC post-Sep) given no extension on July year-ends which would have been announced recently
Sad but true, I think.

Not the case in Australia though, where VA have just extended my Gold status for another year from July (and Qantas did that for me a month or two ago).

So I doubt I'll be flying any paid BA fares anytime soon. I've still got so many vouchers elsewhere it's not funny.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Im afraid this is very unlikely to work, the reduced TP thresholds end on 31 December so you must hit your target on or before that date. If you don't you will have to meet the standard 5000 TP requirement. BA are very strict when it comes to GGL qualification.
I think it's possible (though far from guaranteed) that a 1st Jan flight might slip through - based upon how I suspect BA will handle this.

It seems likely that BA IT will run a report in early Jan to see who hit the reduced thresholds, and these will then be extended. But if they ran this report on 1st Jan, that would mean a lot of "But my late Dec flights didn't post until a week later" calls/enquiries, so I suspect they'll probably run that report about a week into Jan, to allow the late Dec flights to post in time.

Now they could make the report really smart - and unpick the posting date. But I'm not convinced BA will go to that degree of effort. They just need something which catches the vast majority. WIll it be worth the extra effort to catch the odd person that made a flight on the 1st/2nd Jan that pushed them over the threshold?

All this is subject to speculation and no guarantee at all. So anyone wanting to retain a tier, needs to make those flights by 31st Dec. If 1st Jan flights slip through the system, that's an unexpected bonus. If a 1st Jan flight doesn't slip through, then there will be no basis for escalation.
TedToToe and BertieBadger like this.

Last edited by zen100; Apr 16, 2022 at 3:06 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.