Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
And so is mine … now showing 2023
Funky Spike likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
So that’s what caused the IT crash, getting the membership expiry dates sorted 😀
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Is the IT crash a reason why they'd extend status? I remember people talking about the 2017 crash, but I can't remember how long it lasted.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA, DL
Chatted with an agent on Web Chat tool nearly two weeks ago (midnight Pacific Standard Time) regarding my status not being extended even though I received an email back in December 2021 (card expiry month is April.) I spent 40-45 mins from waiting to the end of the chat. The agent apologized and said that he would send in the request for me. I checked the app last Friday (25/02) and it still showed 31 May 2022 as my card expiry date. Just checked again today at ba.com and it has changed to 31 May, 2023. The app reflected the change as well.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by Funky Spike
Update.

Card now showing 2023 expiry.

Spike
Thanks for posting. I checked mine, and it is updated as well. If I wasn't so close to Gold status at the reduced rate, I could've just stayed at Silver. Oh, well.
Funky Spike and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Looked onto my exec club profile yesterday, and hey presto, my expiry card now says July 2023. so silver until then, waited patiently, and have been rewarded!!!!!!!
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold For Life/GGL, Hiton Diamond For Life
Hi All,
Hopefully someone on here can provide some insight.

Mrs JetSetMonty is currently silver. She has a Club Europe/Club World trip in May (MAN-LHR-JFK return). This should attract 360 tier points. On the outbound sectors this will attract 180 TP's and will see her attain Gold whilst in New York at the reduced threshold of 1125. My question is, will these TP's be credited to the account in time for her to use the First Lounge at JFK on the way home (after a 4 night trip) and access the First Lounge at LHR for her connection back to MAN ?

All your advice and insight welcome.

Many thanks,

JetSetMonty
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by JetsetMonty
Hi All,
On the outbound sectors this will attract 180 TP's and will see her attain Gold whilst in New York at the reduced threshold of 1125. My question is, will these TP's be credited to the account in time for her to use the First Lounge at JFK on the way home (after a 4 night trip) and access the First Lounge at LHR for her connection back to MAN ?
JetSetMonty
The best that can be said is "probably". There is unfortunately no guarantee and officially the line is no-one is Gold etc until the BA systems say they are, so if there is a delay in the outbound posting, then the status won't update in time.

Unofficially, and particularly in London, if it hasn't updated in time then a polite enquiry alongside evidence of the just taken flights that reach the threshold has been known to bear fruit in the past.

To pluck a figure out the air 90%+ she'll be able to show a Gold status at JFK and LHR and enjoy the benefits that brings
zen100 and drwook like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
The best that can be said is "probably". There is unfortunately no guarantee and officially the line is no-one is Gold etc until the BA systems say they are, so if there is a delay in the outbound posting, then the status won't update in time.

Unofficially, and particularly in London, if it hasn't updated in time then a polite enquiry alongside evidence of the just taken flights that reach the threshold has been known to bear fruit in the past.

To pluck a figure out the air 90%+ she'll be able to show a Gold status at JFK and LHR and enjoy the benefits that brings
depends on the length of the trip. Normally tps credit in about 48 hours but can take longer at the weekend. So for a 2 day trip unlikely for 5+ days the answer is probably.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
From distant, hazy memory I seem to recall that the TP's post and then it's the next day before the actual tier changes
KARFA and BertieBadger like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:31 am

I'm a July TP year end. I contacted the Exec Club about extensions and below is the reply.

"Thank you for
your email and I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment caused to the flexibility we have offered. This has been extended twice and could be extended further to include your year end date. Please check back with us over the next few weeks to see if we have offered any further flexibility. In the meantime, I will certainly pass your feedback through to the relevant team. We certainly value your loyalty and so once again I apologise for any frustration caused"
orbitmic and zen100 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I'm an August YE and I am currently planning a trip to India. I usually go 4+ times per year, plus my usual USA trips. It's brilliant to be planning travel again, but that will get me to just 400 points in my year, since it will effectively be "late Feb to Aug", so just five and a bit months. I really do hope there is an extension, as I know my travel patterns are returning to normal.
drwook likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I'm a July TP year end. I contacted the Exec Club about extensions and below is the reply.

"Thank you for
your email and I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment caused to the flexibility we have offered. This has been extended twice and could be extended further to include your year end date. Please check back with us over the next few weeks to see if we have offered any further flexibility. In the meantime, I will certainly pass your feedback through to the relevant team. We certainly value your loyalty and so once again I apologise for any frustration caused"
Translation: We're sorry you think the 2 years extension you've already had - isn't enough

However, they haven't ruled out further extensions. Based upon previous patterns, we would expect to hear until the end of March anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:16 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Regarding the reduced TP requirement for the remainder of calendar 2022: Are the TP collection and minimum segment requirements disjoint in terms of timing?

Specifically: I am Silver with an expiration of Dec. 31, 2022 (TP year Nov. 8, 2022).

If I achieve 450 TP within calendar 2022 (so after Nov. 8, prior to Dec. 31), but I do not complete the 4 requisite segments until early 2023, will this still retain my Silver status? The 450 TP would be enough due the reduction, but the flights would not happen until the following year.

Thanks!

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by brp
Regarding the reduced TP requirement for the remainder of calendar 2022: Are the TP collection and minimum segment requirements disjoint in terms of timing?

Specifically: I am Silver with an expiration of Dec. 31, 2022 (TP year Nov. 8, 2022).

If I achieve 450 TP within calendar 2022 (so after Nov. 8, prior to Dec. 31), but I do not complete the 4 requisite segments until early 2023, will this still retain my Silver status? The 450 TP would be enough due the reduction, but the flights would not happen until the following year.

Thanks!

Cheers.
Unfortunately I think not. I think you have to get the 4 eligible flights in before your TP year end date. Plus in your case you also have to get the 450TP by the TP year end date, the extension to 31 Dec 2022 doesn't help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.