Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Would a status extension make any TPs earned in the coming year worthless unless moving to a higher tier?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DrGee
Would a status extension make any TPs earned in the coming year worthless unless moving to a higher tier?
worthless in what sense? they go towards your lifetime collection
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Worthless with respect to maintaining status. I seriously doubt my lifetime score will be of any consequence.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Lifetime status will be aspirational for most.

Always reminds me of helping my great aunt renew her household insurance. The young sounding call centre agent asked her if she like to put her new policy on auto renewal direct debit. Her response was ‘don’t be silly, I’m 95!’
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by gcuk
Lifetime status will be aspirational for most.

Always reminds me of helping my great aunt renew her household insurance. The young sounding call centre agent asked her if she like to put her new policy on auto renewal direct debit. Her response was ‘don’t be silly, I’m 95!’
When we were discussing the funeral arrangements with the undertaker for my mother’s funeral, when showing us the range of caskets available, he extolled the virtues of a solid oak coffin which he informed us would ‘last a lifetime’.

To this day, we still cannot believe he came out with such a comment.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I think he meant eternity …

I‘m resisting to put any emoji on this post …
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Crikey...
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by dougzz
I value status and it’s benefits, but I’m really struggling to understand quite why it seems to mean so much to some people.
Being GGL allows me to redeem my Avios that I earn from the airline effecitvely any time and route of my choosing. That has significant value, and as such I choose to fly the airline wherever possible - in the knowledge that my 'reward' is always available in the form of family holidays. The relationship is symbiotic in that respect.

Then the additional benefits of partner cards, GUFs, etc. all add weight to the benefit of status. So for me, that's why it means so much...

Plus I get shiny bag tags.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Another status extension for BA Executive Club members

Looks like BA is extending status for another 12 months for those with membership year ending January - March 2022!

British Airways is further protecting the Tier status of Executive Club Members. From Monday 20 September, any Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between January – March 2022 will receive another year of their current status.
And it looks like they're getting rid of the Concorde Room Card:
Meanwhile, the exclusive Concorde Room which is situated in Heathrow Terminal 5 and New York JFK only, will now be accessible to all Gold Guest List Members, regardless of how many Tier Points they earned in their previous Tier Point collection year.
According to Turning Left For Less.

Last edited by megaloman; Sep 19, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
TLFL reports that Jan-Mar year-ends are getting extended.

https://www.turningleftforless.com/g...ers-much-more/
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club; easyJet Plus
But those of us whose membership year has already reset on 8 September 2021 and those who will reset in October, November and December don’t receive the benefit of a further year and all whilst long haul to virtually anywhere unless you are a DYKWIA is impossible ☹️.
redrose59 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jamesbatraveller
But those of us whose membership year has already reset on 8 September 2021 and those who will reset in October, November and December don’t receive the benefit of a further year and all whilst long haul to virtually anywhere unless you are a DYKWIA is impossible ☹️.
Those renewing in Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec already had their status extended. I'm in this group - my status renews on Dec 8th, and my card expiry date is January 2023.
IFE Wizard and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
In a couple of hours, I am predicting that some CCR cardholders would be mad at the situation stating that CCR would be overcrowded because people who earn 2250TP's per year could be able to access it.
jason8612, CoweyB, KARFA and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:48 pm
Suspended

great change for GGLs they made it too complex having a CCR card as well as GGL.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Jamesbatraveller
We have had d 2 years status extension. The Jan- Mar group have only had on year extension so this therefore brings them up to our level. No doubT tHere will be further reviews in due course as there’s a few months whose members only have had one year extension too.
alex67500 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.