Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 30, 22, 4:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: stifle
Wiki Link
AS OF 11 July 2022:

BRITISH AIRWAYS PROTECTS TIER STATUS FOR ITS LOYAL EXECUTIVE CLUB MEMBERS
  • Gold Guest List with renewal dates July-December 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Silver and bronze do not get any further renewal
  • However, Silver members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will given a 50% reduction in the amount of tier points needed (From 600 to 300 TPs)
  • Everyone else still gets the 25% reduction in tier points until 31 December. This also applies if you want to qualify for a higher status level.

See post 796 for further details https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32452931-post796.html

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...efits#vouchers

20 Sep 21 Update - see post #3594 onwards

21 Dec 21 Update - see post #3942 onwards

20 Apr 22 Update - see post #4483 onwards

The graph Illustrated below covers simple renewal milestones (collection year start/end dates) onto a blue bar (mid blue represents your current membership year; dark blue represents the extension periods). This does not touch the effect tier jumps have on the extension end dates. You can find confirmation of the extension being added to your BAEC account via "My Executive Club". This is signified by the "Card expiry date"

Updated 20 September 2021

Coronavirus: How the Executive Club is supporting you
Were adding 12 months extra onto your Executive Club membership so you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever youre ready to fly.

All members will benefit, starting with those who have a Tier Point collection end date of July 2020, through to June 2021.

Whats more, it will be even easier to retain your status next time youre up for renewal, as weve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%. This is the same for upgrades thresholds too, making that next Tier more achievable.

This results in lower Tier qualification thresholds, as shown below:

Bronze: 225 Tier Points, or 18 eligible flights
Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights
Gold: 1125 Tier Points
Gold Guest List: 3,750 Tier Points (to attain), 2,250 Tier Points (to retain) [not in the original email but understood to be true]

You'll still need a minimum of 2 eligible flights for Bronze and 4 for Silver.

NB: These reduced qualification/requalification thresholds apply until 31 December 2022, regardless of when your membership year ends. They won't show on the BA app or website these will still say you need 300/600/1500 tier points but should you pass the reduced threshold for a higher tier, your level will increase as normal. If you requalify on an existing tier, your status will be extended by the end of January 2023.

To ensure our Members still have the opportunity to use their Gold Upgrade Vouchers, Companion Vouchers and Travel Together Tickets earned via a British Airways credit card, weve applied 6-month expiration extension to any current vouchers.

See link to BA site for further FAQs.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 11, 20, 4:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Here is the relevant information on ba.com and the FAQs https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...efits#vouchers
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:02 am

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
Smile Ba status extended by 12 months

Dear Mr "Brithk",

We all love to hear some good news every now and then. And so today, we wanted to tell you something that we hope will make you smile.

As the world prepares to fly once more, we know there is still a long road ahead, and we wanted you to know that we'll be right there with you every step of the journey.

To say thank you for all your loyalty and support, weve added 12 months extra onto your Gold Executive Club membership. So you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever youre ready to return to the skies.

Whats more, it will be even easier to retain your Gold status next time youre up for renewal, as weve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%. This is the same for upgrade thresholds too, making that next Tier more achievable.

You can read more information here, and other ways we're supporting you during this period.

We hope that put a smile on your face. Thank you again for your loyalty.

Your Executive Club Team
The _Banking_Scot and Hoch like this.
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:02 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
About time too. Got the email as well now.
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
So I finished last week on 755 - and my card says Gold until 31 Jul 2020

Will I get a bonus year of silver (urgh) or am I being retained at Gold ?!
So, I finished my year on 755 on 08/06 - would've been over 1,000 had my LA trip not been cancelled in March and I will drop to Silver. If my year end was 08/07 I could've got Gold renewed whether I had zero or 1,000 TPs ? Does not seem entirely fair in this instance. Worth reaching out to BA?
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Being widely discussed here COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:05 am

I should add my year was due to expire in 2021
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
That's good news...still has not hit my email...

So, I finished my year on 755 on 08/06 - would've been over 1,000 had my LA trip not been cancelled in March and I will drop to Silver. If my year end was 08/07 I could've got Gold renewed whether I had zero or 1,000 TPs ? Does not seem entirely fair in this instance. Worth reaching out to BA?
With a renewal date of 9 June 2021 why wouldn't you be included?

The 12-month status extension will be applied automatically to those memberships with Tier Point collection end dates of July 2020 June 2021. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.
Stormbel likes this.
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:06 am

Finally, seems like a sensible move, particularly with the reduced TP requirements for next year. Appreciate it will be less palatable for those who would have gone up a level if flights hadn't been cancelled, and I hope BA will show some discretion here.
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:06 am

this now appears to be a blanket extension
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
With a renewal date of 9 June 2021 why wouldn't you be included?
Hey KARFA not sure if I am being a bit slow here! I will drop to Silver 31 JUL 2020 based on ending 08/06 at 755? So the bonus year will not help my Gold ?
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
A great move by BA. I've not yet had the e-mail yet, but hoping I won't slip through the cracks! Re-qualified for Gold on 8th June, so in theory this should give me Gold through to June 2022 (I guess technically through to July 2022 with card expiry) which (if it happens) is great news.
Old Jun 11, 20, 5:11 am

Yes, me and misses are nobody Silvers and we been extended 12 months, very nice move by BA. Thanks.

Hey KARFA not sure if I am being a bit slow here! I will drop to Silver 31 JUL 2020 based on ending 08/06 at 755? So the bonus year will not help my Gold ?
ah yes i see. yes you are right. your silver status would be extended tho

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
BA does state Tier Point collection year rather than card expiry, so it would seem youre unfortunately out of scope for this recent announcement.

Search this Thread