Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Yes, as someone with a Jan 8th renewal date I am not happy, just a couple of months to gain all TP's, don't see it happening as who knows how international travel will be opening up.
As a July year end, I can sympathise as I was 8 months into my collection year and 4 months from losing my status before yesterday’s announcement, having amassed exactly 0TPs.

You’re only 2 months into your collection year. Given they looked at July-December on 9 March, I’d be pretty confident January-March will be the next quarter to be re-assessed, and as I stated above in post 2800, I reckon that reassessment will be when the proportionate benefit of the 25% reduced TP target evaporates, so three months into the membership year.

Assuming they’ll reassess the quarter as a whole rather than monthly, I’d be watching out for an announcement on 9 June.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
When it comes to cancellations how generous will BA be in attributing TPs? Does anyone know if there's a sensible contact point to make (for GGL) by email?

I've had 1485 TPs worth cancelled in current year (and 280 TPs actually earned, woo!). All kind of irrelevant due to the original status extension though.

But now for that extension year - the one that really does matter - I've already had 440 TPs worth cancelled (AA ticket though) due to impossible connection time change (might be the stickler for detail here that means that 'won't count'). And, frankly, I'm expecting some more (I just rescued the second trip by the final leg allowably being dropped for re-ticketing - but that's still yet another 80TPs worth lost).
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Can I rack someone's brain here?
I am Silver with an August renewal.
I have 470 TPs worth of trips booked before August, which renews at the lower threshold.
I have another 280 TPs booked for September.
Is it worth renewing before August, or should I postpone the trips and go for the full 750 TPs from September?

I appreciate that all of this could get cancelled anyway.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:10 am

Originally posted by Dambus:

Surely BA will take the opportunity to break free of the COBOL/FORTRAN era and shift everyone to calendar year status earning/renewal? ie just give everyone a status extension to Dec 2022 and we all start again together from Jan 2023?
What would be the value of that? At present appeals for two-week extensions to status to let flights count to the previous collection year are spread through the calendar. A change to the calendar year for everyone would concentrate the appeals into a short period, possibly coinciding with peak hangover/sickness absence.

And by the way, more than fifty years since the first ISO standards for those languages, both COBOL and Fortran are still going strong.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
When it comes to cancellations how generous will BA be in attributing TPs? Does anyone know if there's a sensible contact point to make (for GGL) by email?

I've had 1485 TPs worth cancelled in current year (and 280 TPs actually earned, woo!). All kind of irrelevant due to the original status extension though.

But now for that extension year - the one that really does matter - I've already had 440 TPs worth cancelled (AA ticket though) due to impossible connection time change (might be the stickler for detail here that means that 'won't count'). And, frankly, I'm expecting some more (I just rescued the second trip by the final leg allowably being dropped for re-ticketing - but that's still yet another 80TPs worth lost).
You won't get credited any TPs for trips you didn't take.

What has been suggested is you keep a note of these for your trips in your relevant collection year - i.e. those for your 9 April 2021 to 8 April 2022 collection year. If by 8 April 2022 you have not collected enough tps for the reduced threshold renewal, you may be able to persuade BA to renew anyway by showing all the cancelled trips and tps not earned.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by OddJobMan
Can I rack someone's brain here?
I am Silver with an August renewal.
I have 470 TPs worth of trips booked before August, which renews at the lower threshold.
I have another 280 TPs booked for September.
Is it worth renewing before August, or should I postpone the trips and go for the full 750 TPs from September?

I appreciate that all of this could get cancelled anyway.
What is your card expiry shown online on your baec homepage? 30 September 2021? You will be covered by yesterday's announcement so given another year anyway, so I don't see any advantage in banking tps in your current 9 August 2020 to 8 August 2021 collection year.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Originally Posted by KARFA
What is your card expiry shown online on your baec homepage? 30 September 2021? You will be covered by yesterday's announcement so given another year anyway, so I don't see any advantage in banking tps in your current 9 August 2020 to 8 August 2021 collection year.
Thanks KARFA, you have confirmed my suspicions, it says valid until 30th Sep 2022.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:53 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Email from BA:

We know that brighter skies are on the horizon and we can’t wait to reunite you with the people and places you love. Until then, we’ll be supporting you and your membership every step of the way.

Your loyalty means the world to us. That’s why we’ve extended Tier status by another 12 months for those Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2021. This means that any Member renewing in 2021 will enjoy their status for another year, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn. So, you’ll have more chance to enjoy the benefits you deserve, whenever you’re ready to return to the skies.

What’s more, we’ve added an extra six months to any Executive Club vouchers in your account that were due to expire before 31 December 2021. You can find out more about all the ways we are supporting you and your membership at ba.com

We hope your day just got a little brighter.

With best wishes,
Your Executive Club Team
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:56 am

Also got email. Have checked and my card expiry has had one year added on as well. Was previously 31 January 2022, now 31 January 2023.
Geordie405 and ENTP like this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
My Account page on the app is now showing a 31st August 2022 card expiry following yesterday’s ‘protection’ announcement for July-December 2021 year ends.

My TP collection year remains 8 July 2021, at which point my grand total of 0TPs will reset to zero 🤣 and I’ll start collecting for my new TP year.

My understanding from yesterday’s announcement is that I’ll need 3000TP to retain GGL and 5000TPs to keep my CCR card as it appears the 25% reduction hasn’t been extended. I guess that will be finally confirmed when the new target to retain status appears on the app on 9 July.
VSLover and BertieBadger like this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
You won't get credited any TPs for trips you didn't take.

What has been suggested is you keep a note of these for your trips in your relevant collection year - i.e. those for your 9 April 2021 to 8 April 2022 collection year. If by 8 April 2022 you have not collected enough tps for the reduced threshold renewal, you may be able to persuade BA to renew anyway by showing all the cancelled trips and tps not earned.
I've had similar chats with the Gold line - their view was that my profile shows that I've been proactively booking with them and didnt fly only because they either cancelled or I couldnt fly to destination, so they would likely positively view extension requests in those circumstances. If you can show you'd have made it, were it not for COVID, then your case is arguably far stronger.
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
My card expiry date has been duly extended (to 31 Jan 2023) but my 241 voucher is still due to expire on 29 Nov 2021. I thought BA was extending those by 6 months - any other data points?
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
From the email and website, it appears that the reduced TP thresholds are valid until 30 June 2022?

So if I can hit 1125, between Oct 21 and end June 22, I can still get an upgrade to Gold for the reduced threshold?
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I got the email just now. That's 2 or 3 emails from BA in the last 3 years now!

Nothing has changed in the app, assuming it should do, but I find it doesn't refresh that well anyway (Android).
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Alan T
From the email and website, it appears that the reduced TP thresholds are valid until 30 June 2022?

So if I can hit 1125, between Oct 21 and end June 22, I can still get an upgrade to Gold for the reduced threshold?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.