Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2021, 7:39 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Nice! My collection end Oct, card till end of Nov and with this extension I should be good till Oct 2022 (for collection). I already did a few TP runs, but it's a relief I don't need to rush to earn another 1200tps or so to renew GGL
Old Mar 9, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I got my GGL renewed for two year for free. This year my spending on BA travel so far is $ 0.00
Old Mar 9, 2021, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I got my GGL renewed for two year for free. This year my spending on BA travel so far is $ 0.00
XD XD More power to you!
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:41 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Cobol/fortran

Surely BA will take the opportunity to break free of the COBOL/FORTRAN era and shift everyone to calendar year status earning/renewal? ie just give everyone a status extension to Dec 2022 and we all start again together from Jan 2023?

(My current Feb 8 2022 renewal date is in no way influencing me, honest...)
Old Mar 10, 2021, 12:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by etiene
I know you're not new here, so you're well aware of the TP Run thread and that [non-reduced] Silver is a single optimised trip the the West Coast - why the pretence that collecting many or all TPs near year end is unusual?

Moreover, I didn't say I [or she] blamed BA for this. I merely supplied an example of one who might feel a little hard done by since the exact same travel pattern, but with a July renewal date - would have been good at Silver through 2022. This kind of thing is inevitable with the BAEC varied renewal dates, and while she lost out I'm a September and still Silver - meaning we can keep the main perks just fine. Others might not be so lucky - especially those who actually pay their own way to status - and I wouldn't blame them for for that.
Your posts suggests that I accused you of blaming BA. Quite simply, I did not. I simply pointed out that they cannot be held responsible because you choose to wait until near the end of your collection year to collect a significant percentage of your TPs. References to 'lost out' make it sound like a game. Well, in that case, you took a chance, and that is the outcome.

However, I very much suspect something else will be done later in the year for those who have renewals in the early part of the year - myself included - who were not extended this time around. Just a case of wait and see.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
As a Feb 2022 renewal gutted that I will have only 6-7 months to accrue the points to retain status. Been Gold now for around 8 years and surely BA have to realise that this punishes anyone with an early 2022 renewal.

Not happy and will politely raise the disparity to the BAEC. That said as of now I’ll be happy to be flying again as whatever status, in whatever cabin on any airline given how much I miss it!!
GentleGiant likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by danboy767
As a Feb 2022 renewal gutted that I will have only 6-7 months to accrue the points to retain status. Been Gold now for around 8 years and surely BA have to realise that this punishes anyone with an early 2022 renewal.

Not happy and will politely raise the disparity to the BAEC. That said as of now I’ll be happy to be flying again as whatever status, in whatever cabin on any airline given how much I miss it!!
At least you get one more month than me to get Gold again.

Going to be very hard.

Doubt BAEC will listen.
danboy767 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by golfmad
Thanks. I couldn't work out why the status would drop.
Simply because those with Jan/Feb/March/April/May/June 8th end dates are far less likely to retain status in my view.

May 17th 2021 is unlikely to be a realistic travel date. Holding my status until May 2022 might be a nicety (with no benefit so far, as zero travel), but seeing as I'm unlikely to be travelling until 2022 - a May 25th 2021 flight connection just cancelled, mid-July 202 connecting flight was cancelled the other week, I've got a 'red-list' trip in September that I won't be doing if it's still red-list - so that's about 1700 TPs I already won't obtain.

By that point I've got perhaps October to April - effectively a 50% time reduction - to earn the status in six months. Those with Jan 8th end dates are in a position where the possibility of retaining status is dramatically reduced approaching the point of zero.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I have resigned myself to Silver from 2022 until I’m able to hit gold again which I foresee as sometime towards the end of 2022. The Silver lounge is not that bad!
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
At least you get one more month than me to get Gold again.

Going to be very hard.

Doubt BAEC will listen.
yes I’m sure BA have much more pressing issues than my imminent downgrade to silver. That said worth raising still.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Yesterday's announcement is good news. I have a January reset but am not overly concerned that the revised extensions only run from July to December 2021. I talk to work colleagues and practically no one is travelling for business at the moment. Our corporate account is one of BA's largest and our corporate travel team is still furloughed - we are still in complete hibernation travel wise. Corporates, normally highly influential, are sleeping giants presently.

So looking ahead, I am 16% into my 12 month extension; the generous 25% discounted tier renewal rate still applies but will lose its effectiveness in 31 days. The Executive Club is responding, perhaps a little conservatively, which is probably the right approach but looking at the optics, yesterday's extension will not be the final one. I am confident of this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Executive club
My card expiry date has now been extended in my executive club account
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:33 am

Me too - October year end, GC expiry now 30 November '22
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Yes, as someone with a Jan 8th renewal date I am not happy, just a couple of months to gain all TP's, don't see it happening as who knows how international travel will be opening up.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Yes, as someone with a Jan 8th renewal date I am not happy, just a couple of months to gain all TP's, don't see it happening as who knows how international travel will be opening up.
We don't know if BA will do something for those beyond December 2021. You do have a 25% reduced threshold to renew.
Upupintheair likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.