Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Back to another sub-thread on this thread, has anyone received a replacement physical card from the July 8th year-end onwards?......
Still no GGL cards or CCR card for me as a July renewal. GGL cards still show 'Pending' and 'Fulfilled' but no 'Dispatched', from mid-July, and no mention of CCR card but as stated previously, I have needed to request the CCR card every year for the last 4 years. Pretty rubbish process to be honest.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:30 am

Programs: BAGold, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
You don't need to earn any TP at all prior to 09/05/21

To retain Gold after 30/06/2022 you need to earn 1125 TP (+4 flights) between 09/05/2021 and 08/05/2022 inclusive. If you do so you will retain Gold until 30/06/2023. If you are unable to do so, you will "soft land" to Silver on 1/07/2022 retaining that until 30/06/2023.

Hope that helps. With a May renewal date, you are one of the "winners" in this scheme, relatively speaking.

YES THAT HELPS thank you for the quick reply. Am now tempted to see what I can get in the Virgin Upper Class sale for Easter never tried it.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by gcuk
Still no GGL cards or CCR card for me as a July renewal. GGL cards still show 'Pending' and 'Fulfilled' but no 'Dispatched', from mid-July, and no mention of CCR card but as stated previously, I have needed to request the CCR card every year for the last 4 years. Pretty rubbish process to be honest.
You will probably need to call up to get the card ‘Dispatched’ - IME it will not get dispatched without your intervention - I am pretty sure you have called already😀!
Old Oct 28, 2020, 6:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
So with another trip cancelled for January I’ll have had a total of just under 3000 tps since my tier year started. I currently am at 0 :/.

When should I write to them about this? My year doesn’t end until July.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
So with another trip cancelled for January I’ll have had a total of just under 3000 tps since my tier year started. I currently am at 0 :/.

When should I write to them about this? My year doesn’t end until July.
So, have you had 3000 TPs cancelled then? Are you looking to get a status upgrade to a new level or keep your existing level?

There are two options for you I think:

- If you're looking to get an upgrade to a new level, it's worth being in touch early, so that any new status you manage to negotiate on the basis of cancelled itineraries starts as early as possible.

- If you're a July year end and looking to maintain your existing level, I assume your extension is only to your card expiry of August 2021? In that case, it's worth contacting BAEC in May (as I have been advised also as a July year-end) - but I expect that they will have re-thought whether to extend the status extensions by then.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 8:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
So, have you had 3000 TPs cancelled then? Are you looking to get a status upgrade to a new level or keep your existing level?

There are two options for you I think:

- If you're looking to get an upgrade to a new level, it's worth being in touch early, so that any new status you manage to negotiate on the basis of cancelled itineraries starts as early as possible.

- If you're a July year end and looking to maintain your existing level, I assume your extension is only to your card expiry of August 2021? In that case, it's worth contacting BAEC in May (as I have been advised also as a July year-end) - but I expect that they will have re-thought whether to extend the status extensions by then.
Yup. One TATL F booking breaking at JFK and two TATL J with HEL shuffle.

I’m a lowly bronze, obviously would love gold but would settle for silver at this point.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Yup. One TATL F booking breaking at JFK and two TATL J with HEL shuffle.

I’m a lowly bronze, obviously would love gold but would settle for silver at this point.
Would be worth contacting them through the online form I think, outlining the cancellations and the number of TPs you would have earned from the cancelled flights. That's definitely enough for Silver - probably not too far off what you'd need for Gold
TravelingZoomer likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
It seems clear from news reports and from
action of Hilton that nothing will get better soon. Would be nice to see BA do further extension into 22 now rather than hang on further. They were late to the party in May or June this year so
lets hope they have had a change of heart
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by binman
It seems clear from news reports and from
action of Hilton that nothing will get better soon. Would be nice to see BA do further extension into 22 now rather than hang on further. They were late to the party in May or June this year so
lets hope they have had a change of heart
Had been thinking the same, the move from Hilton is great, but I imagine could backfire on them if things suddenly pick up. BA may be worried about that. My collection year ends in April and I have yet to fly this collection year because of cancellations, COVID related personal situation etc, I do hope that BA do something.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Back to another sub-thread on this thread, has anyone received a replacement physical card from the July 8th year-end onwards? I tried a re-order from ba.com but just got Pending and Fulfilled again - no Dispatched. The only comms I am getting from BA at the moment is them trying to get me to fly to places which will be probably closed off by the time of departure!

Both dispatched, but so far only the GGL card has turned up.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by JessicaTam

Both dispatched, but so far only the GGL card has turned up.
It might be sitting in Austria
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Had been thinking the same, the move from Hilton is great, but I imagine could backfire on them if things suddenly pick up. BA may be worried about that. My collection year ends in April and I have yet to fly this collection year because of cancellations, COVID related personal situation etc, I do hope that BA do something.
But if your collection year ends next April, it doesn't matter that you haven't flown this collection year. The April year ends benefitted the most from BA's previous concessions, a 30% reduction in target for their 8 April 2020 collection year end and then an extension of status to 8 April 2022, with realistically, very little impact to flying options from Covid by 8 April 2020. You also have another 25% reduction in target from 9 April 2021 to renew at 8 April 2022.

A lot of us July year ends are banking on BA doing something as we are already well into our 25% reduced target collection year to renew. I'd happily trade my July year end concessions from BA for what the April year ends received.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
But if your collection year ends next April, it doesn't matter that you haven't flown this collection year. The April year ends benefitted the most from BA's previous concessions, a 30% reduction in target for their 8 April 2020 collection year end and then an extension of status to 8 April 2022, with realistically, very little impact to flying options from Covid by 8 April 2020. You also have another 25% reduction in target from 9 April 2021 to renew at 8 April 2022.

A lot of us July year ends are banking on BA doing something as we are already well into our 25% reduced target collection year to renew. I'd happily trade my July year end concessions from BA for what the April year ends received.
Yes, I do appreciate that I am certainly one of the very lucky ones with regards to this, however my point was that even though I am one of the luckiest, at the moment, I am not sure how much flying will be possible post April 2021 at the moment.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
FWIW, as I'm in a similar position it would be nice if BA were to do something. However, the main benefit that I have gained from being promoted to Gold on the back of cancelled flights was knowing that even if there are no further concessions, I will be at least Silver until the summer of 2022. A secondary benefit has been having been able to call the Gold line to deal with cancellations without having to have put in place an excuse for doing so as a Silver.

I'm equally pessimistic about doing any real flying before my 2021 membership year end, and I'd be pleasantly surprised if there are anything close to normal opportunities to do so during the 2021-22 membership year. If you can't fly, and you're not booking, status is pretty much irrelevant.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I think that BA should waive the 2/4 BA segment requirement for the 12 month extension period ( dark blue area on the table in the WIKI ) for non-UK based members.

I have 2 BA flights that were cancelled and 2 BA flights for next year so I guess that my achievement to Gold status would be honored, I will be achieving 1125 TP's on other airlines.
As a September Tier year, start/end of the COVID related restrictions around the world remains; the UK does not build a new travel corridor with Turkey until that day or if the US presidential proclamation bans me to transfer at LHR for USA flights, I probably wouldn't fly BA this year. Maybe a trip to Mexico, Brasil, or the Caribbean with BA but that seems unlikely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.