Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Graeme1967
Apologies if answered before, my tier point collection ends October 20 and card expiry now November 21. I am a silver card holder and on 540 points, come October will my points be reset even if I attain 600 points or have i got till November 21 to collect as many points as possible?
Your points will be reset as normal at the end of your current membership year (8 October 2020).
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 81romeo
8th May 2021 year end - now showing GGL till June 2022
All of these lovely extensions for lots of lucky forum members are beginning to remind me of that sinking feeling when waiting to be picked for the team at school. I already know I am going to be the bottom of the pile but I still have that distant hope that BAEC will take pity on me and the other July and August babies who couldn't benefit from lower thresholds
Tocsin likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Minor data point from a March year ender...

Card expiry recently updated to Apr 2022 and now Tier Points to retain GGL reduced to 2250, so fair play BA - you have delivered on your promise.

I do wonder however what will happen if I accrue 0 TPs before Mar 9th 2021. I have a sneaking suspicion the IT will auto-downgrade me, even though in theory I should retain status. We shall see
Old Jun 29, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
What sort of soft landing for Gifted Gold after extension for a natural silver?

I'm a gifted Gold but a natural silver with a membership year end of September 2020. I've had the gifted gold status extended to end September 2021. However I have 650tp so pre COVID extensions would have had silver on my own tp earnings for 20/21 and then soft landed to Bronze for 21/22.

Now my understanding is that gifted Golds no longer get soft landings. So will BA IT be clever enough to move me from gifted extended Gold to Bronze in August 2021 or will it drop me to Blue - all assuming I don't earn the necessary tier points
Old Jun 29, 2020, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Keystone
I'm a gifted Gold but a natural silver with a membership year end of September 2020. I've had the gifted gold status extended to end September 2021. However I have 650tp so pre COVID extensions would have had silver on my own tp earnings for 20/21 and then soft landed to Bronze for 21/22.

Now my understanding is that gifted Golds no longer get soft landings. So will BA IT be clever enough to move me from gifted extended Gold to Bronze in August 2021 or will it drop me to Blue - all assuming I don't earn the necessary tier points
It is hit and miss over whether gifted Gold's get a soft landing. Doing the 4 qualifying flights seems to have something to do with it - if you've had 4 cash segments on BA in the final year, you may get a Silver downgrade. If you don't, it's back to Blue. I'd like to be more specific but I'm working off a very small data set.
Keystone and ENTP like this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Current year is Silver with 1140 tp’s with silver card extended last week to Sept 2021. Today account showing that I’ve achieved gold on the lower threshold but card is still silver with expiry still showing 2021. Does anyone know whether I'll get the 2022 extension?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
All of these lovely extensions for lots of lucky forum members are beginning to remind me of that sinking feeling when waiting to be picked for the team at school. I already know I am going to be the bottom of the pile but I still have that distant hope that BAEC will take pity on me and the other July and August babies who couldn't benefit from lower thresholds
Another year of bronze! Read it and weep.
ThatT1Feeling and ENTP like this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:05 pm

The irony. My giftee Golds and Silvers will enjoy their “upgraded” status one year longer to 2023, than I do as a merely “renewing” GGL until 2022.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
The irony. My giftee Golds and Silvers will enjoy their “upgraded” status one year longer to 2023, than I do as a merely “renewing” GGL until 2022.
Me too. My gifted Gold has an extension that’s 21 months longer than mine ...
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Anyone who uses the phrase 'babies' in the context of the month their TP collection year ends in is being downgraded to Blue for Life with immediate effect. Or so I've heard.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mike P
Anyone who uses the phrase 'babies' in the context of the month their TP collection year ends in is being downgraded to Blue for Life with immediate effect. Or so I've heard.
ha ha ha point taken (and to be fair I agree, but maybe I have brought some levity) !!
Mike P likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Finavia
Current year is Silver with 1140 tp’s with silver card extended last week to Sept 2021. Today account showing that I’ve achieved gold on the lower threshold but card is still silver with expiry still showing 2021. Does anyone know whether I'll get the 2022 extension?
I got the same here, on 1225 points, the year ends September, got gold today but card still showing expires 2021

thanks
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Me too. My gifted Gold has an extension that’s 21 months longer than mine ...
Just relax and be happy, even though it's longer than yours.

Furthermore , rumour has it that:
'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by onobond
Just relax and be happy, even though it's longer than yours.

Furthermore , rumour has it that:
'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'
Ha ha ha I must be very blessed then.. 😇
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by KARFA
is it showing the 2 out of 4 flights just on the app or on the website too?

also are you now showing as silver?
Still showing as Bronze member but the website was the right pointer. It already says "You have achieved Silver membership." - just gotta wait for the status to actually update.

Thanks!
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.