Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flyer_tom
A great move by BA. I've not yet had the e-mail yet, but hoping I won't slip through the cracks! Re-qualified for Gold on 8th June, so in theory this should give me Gold through to June 2022 (I guess technically through to July 2022 with card expiry) which (if it happens) is great news.
I'm in the same position- re-qualified for Gold at the beginning of the year, with a TP collection year ending June 8. I did not read the update (have not received email) as giving me Gold until 2022 (maybe I'm being thick) but if it is then I'm obviously delighted.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:22 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Fantastic news (finally)!
So I assume if my GGL year ends 08/Oct for collection, I will need to renew my status from 09/Oct/2020-08/Oct/2021 to retain GGL.
Though, with it being 25% less TPs, would that mean it's 2,250TPs to renew GGL and 3,750TPs for GGL + CCR?

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
fab. just got the email confirming my GGL extension which with only 1100TP to date with my month ending soon is welcome. whats more is i have already booked enough in the new year to hit the 2250TP needed to retain in the new membership year.
squeeler likes this.

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Am I right in thinking that as I renewed Gold in April this doesn't apply to me and that will run out in April 2021 and the only thing I benefit from is the 25% reduction?
No - if your tier points year renews between July 2020 and June 2021(yours will in April 2021) - your current Gold status will renew for 12 months next April - and the following year you will need to earn 25% fewer tier points.

Programs: BA Gold
Good to see they've done this. I'm due to be taking a return flight to Miami in September which will put me up to 445 points... Five points under the reduced silver threshold.

Anyone got any tips for a day trip to Manchester?

Programs: Some
Am I right in thinking that as I renewed Gold in April this doesn't apply to me and that will run out in April 2021 and the only thing I benefit from is the 25% reduction?
No, you will now get a one year extension to April 2022 (on top of the previous 30% reduction in earning requirements for last year).

March - May Y/E are doing pretty well out of this with two years running of reduced earning requirements, I have to say.

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Good news indeed. I completed an extensive survey in May asking for thoughts on BA and BAEC. I did write that I expected status extension and reduced threshold until normal flying resumes. Perhaps enough survey participants wrote the same to make an influence. Maybe BA had planned this all along. Either way, I'm glad it turned out positive.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Finally some actual good news!!

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ginger_lord
Yep just got my email through saying +12 months extension to my Gold and the redunction in points for renewal next time around (2022 for me) plus others at work got the same email but adjusted to bronze/silver.
Ditto: I must say I've benefited teice now with BA; had my Gold extedned for 12 months back in 2017 after the outtage issue in May 2017 and now my Silver for an extra 12 months. Just hope sometime in the future I can make use of it.
ML

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
I believe you will be extended to Gold expiring April 2022.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Just this second received the email about this, which is great as I achieved Silver for the first time this year and with all our flights cancelled, I have not been able to enjoy the benefits as of yet. Hopefully we'll get a chance to enjoy them next year. It may have taken them a while to announce this but I'm glad they have as I wasn't convinced they would do it for everyone, I thought it would be a more targeted approach not aimed at us less than frequent flyers.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to clarify, GGLs are included in this. Although they have not stated the numbers for GGl & CCR card on the FAQs site, they have said in the email the 25% reduction would apply:

What’s more, it will be even easier to retain your Gold Guest List status next time you’re up for renewal, as we’ve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%. This is the same for upgrade thresholds too, making that next Tier more achievable.
So this would mean:

Bronze: 225 Tier Points or 18 eligible flights
Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights
Gold: 1125 Tier Points
GGL (renewal): 2250 (corrected)
GGL (first time): 3750
CCR card: 3750

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 11, 2020 at 4:41 am
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I think I will be one of the people less-than delighted with this as a July year-ender.

If my year end had been in June, I would have already requalified for GGL under the 30% discount rule and would now be GGL until July 2022

As my year end is in July, I requalify with GGL until August 2021, which I would have done anyway under the 25% or the 30% rule.

So, one month different in year ends is creating an 11-month disparity in extension, unless I have read it wrong?

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
OK thanks guys for the clarification. Nowhere can I actually see 2022 in the email or in my account and by interpretation of the email was sub par....

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Are GGL, CCR and GUF thresholds also being reduced?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.