Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by GinFizz

I will be listening carefully to see if any of the July canaries are singing tomorrow
You won't need to listen carefully, I'll be LOUD BA said that they wanted to make us smile, after all
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
In a recent call to gold line I was told that the extension was happening for all; I said back but I already requalified for next year and so there was nothing in it for me. The agent did say she thought that further things were happening but who knows what is right here. I got the extension of one year earlier in the month along with some others; I'm wondering if the system will recognise my TP level at my Aug year end then give me a further extension year based on the normal course of events at renewal while resetting my TPs - which would then give me a 2022 expiry and make me smile . We shall see...
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I'm really not sure many CS know any more about what's going one in IT than we do. I had a long call last week with an agent who was keen to wrap her head around it for future callers. When I cancelled 500+ TPs, she said I should call back shortly before both our year-ends as she thought we may have earned some GUF2s if the cancelled flights were credited (something I hadn't even thought of). She went back and forth to her supervisor a few times trying to work out whether we've accidentally managed a nice bonus, and at different points she came back with explanations both agreeing and then not agreeing with Twitter Mary.

She was far more frustrated than I was because she really wanted to understand for her own job sanity. We ended on the thought that whatever happens happens, but she insisted it's worth a call nearer to the time to remind them how many TPs were cancelled, and she would try to find out how IT was handling it. And I'm going to read up on using GUF2s in the meantime just in case
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Interesting message on Twitter from BA. Could this be right or are they maybe spreading misinformation? I had assumed that all extension dates are now updated? This would be a significant difference from what I understood if true?

IIRC this was pretty much the original wording on announcement. It phrased the extensions in a way that said you would get an extension at the time of renewal. So I was expecting an extension on May 8 2021. Instead mine seems to have been applied "now" and I am silver to June 2022; it makes little practical difference of course. But you would have expected the messaging to have been sorted by now. With a comms hat on, surely the message would be one of immediate gratification "we've done it now so you have xx months to enjoy your benefits".
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Finavia
Failing that you you could always do cheap same day domestic return for Ł80-90 between now and August.
I live in the US, unfortunately!
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by lucelib
I live in the US, unfortunately!
Book it with AA (or any One World member), just put your BAEC number in at the time of booking and the TP will be credited to your BA account. I did the same thing a few years ago with a domestic flight with Qantas, got 5 TP each way plus a few AVIOS.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Quick data point

I was on 740 TP and 2 flights on BA metal before it kicked off. I sent a message through the contact form stating I had 11 cancelled BA flights which amounted to 760TP which would have taken me over the original threshold for Gold.

Three days later, I received a response saying I would be moved to Gold and that it would take 48 hours. 12 hours later and I am now Gold
golfmad likes this.

Last edited by Sifu; Jul 8, 2020 at 3:59 pm
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by TimAllen
Book it with AA (or any One World member), just put your BAEC number in at the time of booking and the TP will be credited to your BA account. I did the same thing a few years ago with a domestic flight with Qantas, got 5 TP each way plus a few AVIOS.
I think the 4 BA flight requirement was where the shortfall was.

rb211.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Sifu
Quick data point

I was on 740 TP and 2 flights on BA metal before it kicked off. I sent a message through the contact form stating I had 11 cancelled BA flights which amounted to 760TP which would have taken me over the original threshold for Gold.

Three days later, I received a response saying I would be moved to Gold and that it would take 48 hours. 12 hours later and I am now Gold
I sent a contact form in last week regarding this exact same situation in terms of flights cancelled/TP short fall, I made the minimum number of flights at the start of my year. I should've been Silver by now. Got a response that was along the lines of "We've lowered the thresholds which means you've now got Bronze, I cannot arrange for your account to be upgraded to Silver based in your current Tier Points". I would have achieved Silver based on the old thresholds, and therefore currently sit 210TP short based on the reduced ones.

I'm going to go back to them I think and question the decision making
Old Jul 8, 2020, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Arsey00
I'm really not sure many CS know any more about what's going one in IT than we do. I had a long call last week with an agent who was keen to wrap her head around it for future callers. When I cancelled 500+ TPs, she said I should call back shortly before both our year-ends as she thought we may have earned some GUF2s if the cancelled flights were credited (something I hadn't even thought of). She went back and forth to her supervisor a few times trying to work out whether we've accidentally managed a nice bonus, and at different points she came back with explanations both agreeing and then not agreeing with Twitter Mary.

She was far more frustrated than I was because she really wanted to understand for her own job sanity. We ended on the thought that whatever happens happens, but she insisted it's worth a call nearer to the time to remind them how many TPs were cancelled, and she would try to find out how IT was handling it. And I'm going to read up on using GUF2s in the meantime just in case
This statement made me LOL. Aw, bless her! Can imagine how frustrating it is for a CSO to be faced with the implications of a complex program and inner workings of IT.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Unfortunate no love 08 July year end here.
I had sufficient TPs to re-qualify for Gold at the reduced TP level.
My TP counter has reset to 0. And Card expiry date remains the same at 31 Aug 2021.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by RB211
I think the 4 BA flight requirement was where the shortfall was.

rb211.
Yep, that’s the issue! Even though I had >4 BA flights canceled. Will give them a call
Old Jul 8, 2020, 10:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
8 July year end, sufficient TPs and flights to requalify for GGL were achieved by January,, as predicted TPs have reset to zero, card validity remains 31 August 2021 and points to requalify show as 2250.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA GFL GGL/CCR, VS Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gcuk
8 July year end, sufficient TPs and flights to requalify for GGL were achieved by January,, as predicted TPs have reset to zero, card validity remains 31 August 2021 and points to requalify show as 2250.
Have you been given two new jokers?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
The partner cards take a few days to appear online. New jokers can only be checked by calling Exec Club. I would expect all renewal benefits to apply, except belief on this board is that 31 August 2021 Card validity through extension won’t update further due to achieving the renewal.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.