Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by jjLDNY
Just to confirm again the theories we had were correct. I am a Dec 8 collection that was pushing for CCR this year. I had asked to confirm, that if I get 3750 before then I would indeed still get CCR.

--

Dear Mr JJLDNY

Thank you for your email. Yes, we have now put lower thresholds in place for all account renewals up to June 2022, so if you earn 3750 either before 08 December 2020, or between 09 December 2020 and 08 December 2021, that would be sufficient for you to enter the Gold Guest List.

If you were to achieve 3750 before December to get onto GGL, you would then only need 2250 TP in your December 2020-21 year to retain it (usually you would need 3000). I hope this may put it within reach for you, good luck!

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further queries at this time.

Kind regards
Louise
British Airways Executive Club
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere above, but may I ask for someone's help with clarifying something, please? I am planning to sign up for BAEC membership in November (I need my membership year to start in Dec) - in my case, will it also take me 3750 tier points to achieve GGL, or will the original threshold of 5000 points apply to me since I'll be a new member?

Thank you very much!
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:20 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by manysyllables
... I am planning to sign up for BAEC membership in November (I need my membership year to start in Dec) - in my case, will it also take me 3750 tier points to achieve GGL, or will the original threshold of 5000 points apply to me since I'll be a new member?

Thank you very much!
Yes, the lower thresholds will apply across the board to any member for the dates relevant for you. Note also that you can sign up at any time - your BAEC tier point collection year will start from the 8th of the month when some activity first posts to your account (so your plan of signing up in Nov will be fine - just make sure the first time you earn any Avios is after Dec 8th).
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by GinFizz
Yes, the lower thresholds will apply across the board to any member for the dates relevant for you. Note also that you can sign up at any time - your BAEC tier point collection year will start from the 8th of the month when some activity first posts to your account (so your plan of signing up in Nov will be fine - just make sure the first time you earn any Avios is after Dec 8th).
Thanks, GinFizz! especially for that last note about how the tier collection year starts. In response to that, just a quick question, if I may: will my plan run into any hitches, then, if I try to retroactively claim points for a BA flight taken in September?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by manysyllables
Thanks, GinFizz! especially for that last note about how the tier collection year starts. In response to that, just a quick question, if I may: will my plan run into any hitches, then, if I try to retroactively claim points for a BA flight taken in September?
For this to have any chance to work you would need to make sure that some Avios/Tier Points post to your account in December (to fix your TP collection year) before submitting a retro-claim for flights flown in September.

I suspect that in this case you will get the Avios for the September flight, but the Tier Points will be cancelled out (this is standard procedure when flights at the end of one TP year post at the start of the next year - in your account transactions there are three entries - one to add the Avios coupled with one to add the TPs, and then an "adjustment" to remove the TPs again).
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Same with my account. Anyone contacted BA about this?
I suspect that its not automatic as we were led to believe once the lower thresholds were introduced. In my case I would expect something to happen by Wednesday/Thursday at least, seeing that my year end date is the 8th of July.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 4:05 am
Suspended

My other half started the TP year 09 Aug 2019 on Bronze and qualified as Silver last year, has a TP year end 08 Aug 2020 and is sitting on 1000 TPs. Card expiry was 30 Sep 2021 and after the extension now has a card expiry of 30 Sep 2022.

The lower qualification thresholds means he only needs 125 TPs by 08 Aug 2020 to achieve Gold.

My question is how long would this status be valid for - to the current card expiry date of 30 Sep 2022, or would it reset/supersede the extension and only be valid until 30 Sep 2021?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 4:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drakepassage
My other half started the TP year 09 Aug 2019 on Bronze and qualified as Silver last year, has a TP year end 08 Aug 2020 and is sitting on 1000 TPs. Card expiry was 30 Sep 2021 and after the extension now has a card expiry of 30 Sep 2022.

The lower qualification thresholds means he only needs 125 TPs by 08 Aug 2020 to achieve Gold.

My question is how long would this status be valid for - to the current card expiry date of 30 Sep 2022, or would it reset/supersede the extension and only be valid until 30 Sep 2021?
to the current card expiry date of 30 sep 2022
Old Jul 4, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: OW
Has there been any clarity on which year-end is the final one that the reduced thresholds apply - is this June or July 2022? I was almost certain it was the latter but just received conflicting information via email from BA. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 6:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
to the current card expiry date of 30 sep 2022
Thanks! Has this been confirmed in writing to anyone? About to book flights based on this.

And the cheeky million dollar question.... do you reckon he’d get a soft landing thereafter to Silver?!

Wait and see, I imagine..
Old Jul 4, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Aeroplan
I'm sure this has been covered and I have read through but i'd appreciate a quick double check:

My year ends on the 8th Sept - I currently have silver status through to 31 Oct 2021 with the extension. I am only 30 points away from retaining silver, but is this worth doing? Would that give an extra year at silver?

Thanks so much for any help!
Old Jul 4, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by greenmeadie
I'm sure this has been covered and I have read through but i'd appreciate a quick double check:

My year ends on the 8th Sept - I currently have silver status through to 31 Oct 2021 with the extension. I am only 30 points away from retaining silver, but is this worth doing? Would that give an extra year at silver?

Thanks so much for any help!
Likely Silver would expire 31/10/21 - see post 1567 above
Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by drakepassage
Thanks! Has this been confirmed in writing to anyone? About to book flights based on this.

And the cheeky million dollar question.... do you reckon he’d get a soft landing thereafter to Silver?!

Wait and see, I imagine..
Go ahead and book the flights. It will be Gold through to the card expiry. Even if it wasn't, I'd be doing it, as it's still a year at Gold and I'd never miss out with just 125 TPs to get!

Soft landing will be to Silver once the card expires in 2022. That has not changed.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Twitter

Originally Posted by essouira
Have you tried Twitter ? I received a response quite quickly asking me to send a private message. Good luck !
Would it be better to wait until Monday to send a message via Twitter? From my experience with AA, the weekend staff does not always have the same authority to grant exceptions as the M-F staff.

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:57 am

Literally missed my silver extension by a month... urgh! So I’ve been guaranteed bronze till 2022 ...
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by GinFizz
For this to have any chance to work you would need to make sure that some Avios/Tier Points post to your account in December (to fix your TP collection year) before submitting a retro-claim for flights flown in September.

I suspect that in this case you will get the Avios for the September flight, but the Tier Points will be cancelled out (this is standard procedure when flights at the end of one TP year post at the start of the next year - in your account transactions there are three entries - one to add the Avios coupled with one to add the TPs, and then an "adjustment" to remove the TPs again).
Ok, got it. Again, thanks for pointing this out, GinFizz - I would have totally missed this if you hadn't. Appreciate it! Have a great day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.