Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Not me! Same date although BA said it would be.
Sigh!
Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, your expiry date has been extended by a year.

As noted in a few posts earlier today, there isn't any expectation of you getting a further extension beyond that. If you have re-qualified already for your current status level in the current year, then effectively you get no extension benefit. Your card expiry would have had a year added on anyway when you got to year end.
I thought now there was an expectation that nearer year end you would get another year added on for those who re-qualified early , hence pushing expiry into 2022 ?

Gosh this is mightily confusing stuff .
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Well, so far, the extensions have ranged from August 2021 to May 2023. This will mean that some members are back having to earn full TPs from July 2021, whereas others will be starting their discount year then and still others won't even start their discounted year until June 2022 and can have effectively 2 years of no need to earn anything. It's such a mess.
Brighterside likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by docklander
I thought now there was an expectation that nearer year end you would get another year added on for those who re-qualified early , hence pushing expiry into 2022 ?
I think that's unlikely.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Well, so far, the extensions have ranged from August 2021 to May 2023. This will mean that some members are back having to earn full TPs from July 2021, whereas others will be starting their discount year then and still others won't even start their discounted year until June 2022 and can have effectively 2 years of no need to earn anything. It's such a mess.

Yes so it seems
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:28 am

I think that's unlikely.
The confusion deepens
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Looks like everyone is getting a year added to whatever their current card expiry date is... which is exactly what the BA e-mail said would happen.

"We've added 12 months extra onto your Silver Executive Club membership."

I thought it was pretty simple when I first read it

Still think it's a nice gesture, despite the "oh but she got 7 months more than me" / "but I already qualified for next year so I want another year on top" whining on here. The alternative was getting nothing and we got a year extra plus discounted TPs. It's still a win!
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Looks like everyone is getting a year added to whatever their current card expiry date is... which is exactly what the BA e-mail said would happen.

"We've added 12 months extra onto your Silver Executive Club membership."

I thought it was pretty simple when I first read it

Still think it's a nice gesture, despite the "oh but she got 7 months more than me" / "but I already qualified for next year so I want another year on top" whining on here. The alternative was getting nothing and we got a year extra plus discounted TPs. It's still a win!
Totally agree if it is indeed an extra year and not a year one would have got anyway
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:02 am

Totally agree if it is indeed an extra year and not a year one would have got anyway
The email says "We’re adding 12 months extra onto your Executive Club membership". That's what has happened, 12 months has been added to your current card expiry date
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:13 am

The email says "We’re adding 12 months extra onto your Executive Club membership". That's what has happened, 12 months has been added to your current card expiry date
Certainly have

Which will be meaningful if in August they do exactly the same thing .Required TP levels surpassed so can't see why not
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:15 am

Which will be meaningful if in August they do exactly the same thing .
Where were you seeing they would do this? Is it just from the one or two posted reports on this thread?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Tried asking this a couple days ago but it quickly disappeared up a few pages, so as my mum always say, if at first you don't succeed...

This is probably a stupid question and/or already has been answered above, but hopefully someone can help.

I’m currently a lowly Blue member with my points year ending in January. Flying plans this year could take me up to roughly 500 points (assuming the remaining flights happen). Would this put me to silver, or does the reduced threshold only start in the next year?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by richiejv
Tried asking this a couple days ago but it quickly disappeared up a few pages, so as my mum always say, if at first you don't succeed...

This is probably a stupid question and/or already has been answered above, but hopefully someone can help.

I’m currently a lowly Blue member with my points year ending in January. Flying plans this year could take me up to roughly 500 points (assuming the remaining flights happen). Would this put me to silver, or does the reduced threshold only start in the next year?
I think it wasn't answered as no one knew for sure. It seems the reduced thresholds will apply for current and next membership years https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...-tier-upgrade/

We now have an official answer from BA.

The reduced tier points thresholds will be applied on Monday 29th June.

If you have reached the thresholds mentioned above (225 for Bronze, 450 for Silver, 1125 for Gold) your tier will be upgraded automatically next week.

These people will ALSO benefit from the lower tier threshold for your next membership year, so effectively benefit from the lower threshold for two membership years.

All other BAEC members should see the reduced tier thresholds showing online too, with the lower target applying for the rest of their current year AND the following year.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Tier points always reset at the end of every tier point collection year. Those are the rules of the club as stated in the terms and conditions.

Any flights between now and your expiry of December 2021 will earn tier points but your annual tier points will be reset to 0 on December 9th 2020.
I get that. But this is a change to the rules and terms and conditions. The rules say your membership lasts 12 months. The new rules say, your membership will be extended by 12 months. The new rules dont say it will be extended by 12 months but your earning period will be split in 2.

I'm still of the belief the TPs will continue, though I appreciate it's up in the air..
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by richiejv

To be honest I thought I got this 12 month extension thingy wrapped around my head, yet some recent data points seem to have contradicted post #796. Now I don't know what's the relative truth anymore!

So I'm just going to respond to you with this comment - your mother taught you well. And I'm sure there are far other more knowledgeable and less confused people in this forum who can help you out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.