Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Until the tier point end date it is 50%, then 25% like everyone else
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Quick question, if I want to move from Blue to Bronze, do I need 225 or 300 tier points? Some places say 225 due to the lower thresholds and others say the lower thresholds only apply to Bronze’s renewing.
MattAir likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Quick question, if I want to move from Blue to Bronze, do I need 225 or 300 tier points? Some places say 225 due to the lower thresholds and others say the lower thresholds only apply to Bronze’s renewing.
From the July2022 email and the wiki:
AS OF 11 July 2022:

BRITISH AIRWAYS PROTECTS TIER STATUS FOR ITS LOYAL EXECUTIVE CLUB MEMBERS
  • Gold Guest List with renewal dates July-December 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Silver and bronze do not get any further renewal
  • However, Silver members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will given a 50% reduction in the amount of tier points needed (From 600 to 300 TPs)
  • Everyone else still gets the 25% reduction in tier points until 31 December. This also applies if you want to qualify for a higher status level.
See the bolded section. Everyone is eligible for the 25% reduction available until the end of the year.
MattAir likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
BA Reduced Tier Point Requirement

Hey guys,

I don't know if this has been discussed already but it seems BA is again reducing their Silver requirements by 50% to those who already hold Silver Status.

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/british-airways-reduces-silver-status-requirements-300-tier-points/

I currently hold Silver and have 180TP. In a few weeks, I will be flying with IB to MIA in PEY which will give me another 180. I am also waiting for the bonus 180 TP from a BA Holiday Package.

So by the end of September, I will have 180+180 (MIA Trip) + 180 (Bonus TP). Also I have bookings in Y with BA to Madrid in September.

So with BA's reduced TP requirements, does this mean I will have Silver until 2025 or 2024?

My TP ends May 08
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If you renew by 8 May 2023, your card expiry date will be 30 June 2024.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by J343
Hey guys,

I don't know if this has been discussed already but it seems BA is again reducing their Silver requirements by 50% to those who already hold Silver Status.

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/brit...0-tier-points/

I currently hold Silver and have 180TP. In a few weeks, I will be flying with IB to MIA in PEY which will give me another 180. I am also waiting for the bonus 180 TP from a BA Holiday Package.

So by the end of September, I will have 180+180 (MIA Trip) + 180 (Bonus TP). Also I have bookings in Y with BA to Madrid in September.

So with BA's reduced TP requirements, does this mean I will have Silver until 2025 or 2024?

My TP ends May 08
Afaik, It is only 50% for people with july to september renewal dates till their tier point end date (most of which have now past)

with a may 8th tp end date, if you meet the 450 tp renewal and the 4 qualifying flights by dec 31 then, as karfa says, you will be extended to june 24
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Aug 14, 2022 at 1:16 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:15 pm

Full text from the Ba FAQ

'We have automatically applied the reduced threshold to Silver Members with Tier Point Collection Year end dates in July, August and September 2022. If you collect 300 Tier Points by the end of your current Tier Point Collection Year, or fly with us on 25 eligible flights, your Silver status will automatically renew.'
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Full text from the Ba FAQ

'We have automatically applied the reduced threshold to Silver Members with Tier Point Collection Year end dates in July, August and September 2022. If you collect 300 Tier Points by the end of your current Tier Point Collection Year, or fly with us on 25 eligible flights, your Silver status will automatically renew.'
And I know we've done this to death, but if that is the extent of the FAQ answer, it makes no reference to the 4 qualifying sectors...
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser
And I know we've done this to death, but if that is the extent of the FAQ answer, it makes no reference to the 4 qualifying sectors...
that is true, for those eligible to the 300tp its agrey area.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
That story is untrue. Find better sources for your news :-)
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by J343
Hey guys,

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/brit...0-tier-points/

My TP ends May 08
BAEC first announced this in April July. As noted above it is only available to silver members with TP collection dates ending JUL22 - SEPT22. Also see the discussions here:
Reduced tier points needed for Silver renewal
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...duced-330.html

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
that is true, for those eligible to the 300tp its agrey area.
Unfortunately, that is only 1 answer from the FAQs. The second question and answer from the FAQs says that the 4 eligible flights are still required:
How do I benefit from the 50% reduced Tier Point / eligible flight threshold?
We have automatically applied the reduced threshold to Silver Members with Tier Point Collection Year end dates in July, August and September 2022. If you collect 300 Tier Points by the end of your current Tier Point Collection Year, or fly with us on 25 eligible flights, your Silver status will automatically renew.
Please note, the Tier Point tracker on ba.com will continue to show a threshold of 450 Tier Points as this reduction does not apply to all Members.

Do I still need to have completed the minimum number of British Airways or Iberia flights required for my Tier to benefit from the reduced threshold to renew?
To retain Silver or achieve status, Members must ensure they take at least four flights operated by British Airways during each Tier Point Collection Year in addition to obtaining the required number of Tier Points.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...eshold-reduced

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Aug 14, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It was announced on 20th April ….
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
It was announced on 20th April ….
Indeed, you are correct!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34180260-post4483.html
https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/ba-extends-elite-status-coronavirus/
https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/04/20/british-airways-extends-executive-club-elite-status-3/

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Aug 14, 2022 at 5:31 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:57 pm
soy

Programs: various
Forgive the dumb question. My TP year ended July 8th so my silver status ends in Aug.
I did not requalify.

does this mean that I could get silver back with 300TP this year or is it 450TP ?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by soy
Forgive the dumb question. My TP year ended July 8th so my silver status ends in Aug.
I did not requalify.

does this mean that I could get silver back with 300TP this year or is it 450TP ?
I believe you’re going to need 450 TP by 31 December 2022, otherwise it’s back up to 600TP by 8th July 2023.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.