Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Sitting on 300TP's with an October y/e - now they've decided not to sell seats for the next week or so I've given up - no more status, I guess more easyjet
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
Sitting on 300TP's with an October y/e - now they've decided not to sell seats for the next week or so I've given up - no more status, I guess more easyjet
Slightly confused here. You need 150 more points to get to Silver. And now that they have stopped selling tickets for next week, you've given up? Was your strategy to wait until the last minute and snap up extremely expensive fare in the first week of August in the middle of summer holiday season? It seems like you could (and still can) get something more reasonable in late September/early October. A RT to Sofia would get you 160 TPs. Booking earlier would have been around Ł250; will be a bit more than that now. Just depends how much you plan to fly and how much value you get out of free food in lounge, fast track security and earlier boarding. Sofia is a lovely city and hotels are cheap.

Alternatively, if you wait to get the points after October 8th, you could try and get the 450 between Oct 9 and Dec 31, whereby getting Silver for a further 2 years.
craigthemif and AAL2887 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Slightly confused here. You need 150 more points to get to Silver. And now that they have stopped selling tickets for next week, you've given up. Was your strategy to wait until the last minute and snap up extremely expensive fare in the first week of August in the middle of summer holiday season? It seems like you could (and still can) get something more reasonable in late September/early October. A RT to Sofia would get you 160 TPs. Booking earlier would have been around Ł250; will be a bit more than that now. Just depends how much you plan to fly and how much value you get out of free food in lounge, fast track security and earlier boarding. Sofia is a lovely city and hotels are cheap.
Mixture of what's already booked, time available, etc. Already fly business on LH so just decided no longer worth it for me, others will have a different persective, of course.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Absolutely fair enough. But none of that seems remotely related to not being able to book next week.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: GGL
About one third of my flights May-July I had to change to AF, LH, Eurostar simply because BA cancelled so many and having the latest BA flight depart Paris at 4pm really doesn’t fit a business schedule. All Ł800-900 tickets. Still booked out BA, return AF etc. So only 800 tp in three months, This week and next had to go Vienna and Paris, yes all short notice and cost no object, but flying Austrian to Vienna (three flights a day, no problem),
Whereas year ending April I quite easily renewed GGL on flying, I really don’t see how this year that is going to work, or whether I have the energy for all this. Maybe they should at least sell tickets to GGL :-).
Travelling 2021 was a lot easier for me than it is now.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I don’t think my BAEC account page is different from others; it doesn’t show the eligible flights needed on the main page you have to drill down to see it under the gold benefits arrow.

For me it also shows under the account tab in the app.

Have you already achieved the eligible flights or been extended by BA under the various policies?
What does your expiration date say?
Sorry - missed your follow-up.

No - it's just not there for me - see... And I haven't already achieved them - I've only had one (paid) BA flight since the start of my year... I think the marvellous IT has just missed it off for me this year.

jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze
My Exec Club overview used to state the reduced thresholds but now seems to show 'normal' figures again instead of reduced thresholds including the text of you need .. more flights to retain Bronze. I made the reduced threshold already but now it shows I need more flights. Any ideas what's going on or is this just due to crappy BA IT?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Crappy BA IT.
I had the same happen to me in May when I met the lower (450TP) threshold to hold on to Silver.
I cannot tell you how long it would take to be resolved, because I then bypassed the regular TP requirement (600TP) for keeping my current status, on my way to Gold.

LcS
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:59 am

When is your year-end?

If it's in 2023, then this is as-intended, as that's what you need to achive if you happen to take the whole collection year.

But the reduced limits will apply, if you achieve them by 31st December.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by zen100
When is your year-end?

If it's in 2023, then this is as-intended, as that's what you need to achive if you happen to take the whole collection year.

But the reduced limits will apply, if you achieve them by 31st December.
Year end is October 2022, so it should show the reduced threshold. It did until recently, and now has changed to normal ones.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
As per the FAQ posted on the BaEC site and referred to several times in this thread, if your TP end date is beyond the end of 2022 then you will be shown the regular TP threshold to retain status

i suspect the reason is nobody can then turn round in april or may or june 2023 and claim they did not know they had to reach the regular threshold, claiming they saw in November it showed the reduced number and did not realise they only had till decembet and saying they want their atatus , even sending in a screenshot, which is exaclty what would happen if they showed 450

That said, a bronze / silver with an tp end date of october , card expiry of novemeber 2022 should show the reduced threshold. Can you confirm your card expiry, have you met the bronze /silver threshold and therefore showing bronze/silver till novemeber to 2023?
geo1005 and craigthemif like this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Aug 3, 2022 at 11:00 am
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
That said, a bronze / silver with an tp end date of october , card expiry of novemeber 2022 should show the reduced threshold. Can you confirm your card expiry, have you met the bronze /silver threshold and therefore showing bronze/silver till novemeber to 2023?
Card expiry is October 2022, I met the reduced threshold of 18 flights a month ago, but my expiry date was not updated (but showed flights/tier points left to Silver) and now it basically says "With Silver membership, you get a direct line to our dedicated customer support team" and "To retain Bronze membership you need an additional :". In the app it shows flights/tier points needed for Silver, but text says Progress to (null). Might well be an IT issue.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Erwin10
Year end is October 2022, so it should show the reduced threshold. It did until recently, and now has changed to normal ones.
That's not right then. It shoud show the reduced thresholds in the app for your year end Oct 2022.

After that, it should then show the full target for year end Oct 2023, but the reduced thresholds will still apply until the end of December 2022.

Mmm. So what's going on?
geo1005 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zen100
That's not right then. It shoud show the reduced thresholds in the app for your year end Oct 2022.

After that, it should then show the full target for year end Oct 2023, but the reduced thresholds will still apply until the end of December 2022.

Mmm. So what's going on?
Mmm. BA IT and software behaving as BA IT and software tends to behave? Like it was coded in 1957 and has been Band-Aid patched since then.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by champignon
Mmm. BA IT and software behaving as BA IT and software tends to behave? Like it was coded in 1957 and has been Band-Aid patched since then.
Which goes to show that great musicians make lousy IT support...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.