Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Unexpected but grateful. Thanks BA!
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by gcuk
Unexpected but grateful. Thanks BA!
Agreed. Very much appreciated.

I had been researching a TP run, and despite the renewal, I'm actually going to go ahead with it. Whilst I don't need the points now (apparently), I'd feel a bit guilty by not doing it!.
vulle likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chspw1
  • Gold Guest List with renewal dates July-December 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Silver and bronze do not get any further renewal
  • However, Silver members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will given a 50% reduction in the amount of tier points needed (From 600 to 300 TPs)
  • Everyone else still gets the 25% reduction in tier points until 31 December. This also applies if you want to qualify for a higher status level.
What's the source for this..can't find it mentioned anywhere on BA website. Just says 25 percent reductions..nothing about jul to sep people
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TTmex
What's the source for this..can't find it mentioned anywhere on BA website. Just says 25 percent reductions..nothing about jul to sep people
Some of us have had emails. Some of us have seen the HfP article: https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...lite-status-3/ (which was also reported here, but in a new thread, by FlyingWelshie: BAEC GGL and Gold members extended).
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Some of us have had emails. Some of us have seen the HfP article: https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...lite-status-3/
Finally found it! I think....

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...efits#vouchers

Nope. Updated today but still no mention of the extension.
TTmex likes this.

Last edited by HighwayToHEL; Apr 20, 2022 at 7:17 am
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
True, presumably you got to travel to where you needed to go?
Yes I did. I'm not really complaining but it does make some of those trips rather unnecessary as a result.

Originally Posted by golfmad
And 1.77% progress towards lifetime gold (and 0.62% progress towards lifetime GGL).
As much as I'd like to agree, for me both of those levels are unachievable at this time. That fact I even have 620 in this collection year is an achievement in itself.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
announcement once again on the 20th of the month, but a month later than expected
If there's one thing that this "Will they? Won't they?" saga has done, it's been to confirm in my mind the value of the two of us having different BAEC year ends: as during other situations over the years, this has increased the length of time over which at least one of us has been / will be Gold.
Keystone, babyg_wc, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:13 am

Wifes Tier Points Year End is 08 Jul 2022, currently she only 3 of the required flights for silver, but she has a flight booked on 08 July, i assume this flight will count towards the current year, and not the new year?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
BA silver with 8th August end date....

But with the reduced threasholds until 31st Dec and double TP's on holidays... I'm furiously planning and booking for Sept and Oct to hopefully reach Gold for the first time, then drop to Silver, so cover me for lounge access for the next 3 years

So although this offer is very nice, think I'll stick to my plan

If it had come a month ago things might be different, but have already booked two 5 day breaks to start with.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Wifes Tier Points Year End is 08 Jul 2022, currently she only 3 of the required flights for silver, but she has a flight booked on 08 July, i assume this flight will count towards the current year, and not the new year?
yep, will do
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Correct. Flights taken on the 8th count towards the current qualification year.

(Historically, it could initially post to the new year and then be retroactively moved back. A few lucky folk occasionally got credit in both I believe.)
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
BA silver with 8th August end date....

But with the reduced threasholds until 31st Dec and double TP's on holidays... I'm furiously planning and booking for Sept and Oct to hopefully reach Gold for the first time, then drop to Silver, so cover me for lounge access for the next 3 years

So although this offer is very nice, think I'll stick to my plan

If it had come a month ago things might be different, but have already booked two 5 day breaks to start with.
Got an email today stating Silver will be renewed if my total is 300 tp's at my tp collection end date
Year end collection wise is Aug 8th
Thats a reduction of 100 tps if I can do it between now and then
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / *A Gold / HH Gold
Cancel TP Run

So I had a TP run booked for July to retain Gold. 600 TP’s for £1300 so not a great deal but no need for this now. The other TP’s were part of BA hol package so was happy to book as the other half wanted to retain silver with a TP end year in November. Good result, however this was my first ever TP run that I had booked after finally getting to grips with ITA matrix.

I booked in February, does anyone know whether I’ll get a refund or FTV?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by northenlights
So I had a TP run booked for July to retain Gold. 600 TP’s for £1300 so not a great deal but no need for this now. The other TP’s were part of BA hol package so was happy to book as the other half wanted to retain silver with a TP end year in November. Good result, however this was my first ever TP run that I had booked after finally getting to grips with ITA matrix.

I booked in February, does anyone know whether I’ll get a refund or FTV?
if you FTV your booking, you'll get an e-voucher to be used by 30 September 2023. Mind you cannot FTV bookings for trips beyond September 2022.

if you wait, there might be a cancellation on your trip that will allow you to ask for a full refund.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I need to have a word with my crystal ball. I had the option of reaching GGL by now but thought "better" of asking my pet sitters and plant waterers to be on constant duty, so spread my trips out a bit. Even paid a little more to do it. Now I'll reach GGL within a week of my Oct year end. Not a lot of confidence that I'll have time to get the reduced tier points before the end of the year either.

Oh well.

Again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.