Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I think Concorde flights were back dated, too which helped people reach Gfl and GGLfL. Don't know what TPs they got though.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 3:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I think Concorde flights were back dated, too which helped people reach Gfl and GGLfL. Don't know what TPs they got though.
IIRC you earned 280 Tier Points in “R” class to IAD/JFK.
gustavmahler and Nephoi like this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL
Being just under 2/3 of the way to GGFL, I worked out it’d take me around another 10 years of flying at the same level to get there.

The thought didn’t appeal!

I wonder if they will drop it eventually as I just can’t see general flight levels returning to pre Covid levels for at least 5 years?
Old Mar 25, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
How many GGLFL are there?
Well, on 29th October 2019 PETER01 posted that there were 283 GGLFL at the end of September 2019. Was stated with authority!
Nephoi likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NRGsaver
Well, on 29th October 2019 PETER01 posted that there were 283 GGLFL at the end of September 2019. Was stated with authority!
with (international) travel close to zero in the last 12 months, I barely can imagine a number higher than 300 as of today.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SuperstarDJ
Being just under 2/3 of the way to GGFL, I worked out it’d take me around another 10 years of flying at the same level to get there.

The thought didn’t appeal!

I wonder if they will drop it eventually as I just can’t see general flight levels returning to pre Covid levels for at least 5 years?
I doubt they will, but 45k TPs would be a good point for them to drop it to
SuperstarDJ likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Well 100,000 TP is a tough ask....
even if you manage the TP runs that cost £1000 for 900/1000 TP thats still £100,000 (minimum) to get this status.
It would take a crazy hard core TP runner to achieve this. I can think of a few people on here that would fit that category
Pre Covid I was about 5 years away from it hitting it. Now I'm not sure I'll get there but time will tell.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by golfmad
It would take a crazy hard core TP runner to achieve this. I can think of a few people on here that would fit that category
Pre Covid I was about 5 years away from it hitting it. Now I'm not sure I'll get there but time will tell.
I'd give it a go.... if someone wants to sponsor me. £££
efincomputer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
So, forgive me if i'm being a bit thick here, but it's been a long day at work and I am still unclear despite reading the wiki.

I'm a bronze, with a collection year end date of 8th December, and whos status is showing as valid until Jan 2023 (so everything there is as it should be). The scheduling and cancellation gods willing, i'll complete some domestic flights in June which will take me to silver at the reduced TP threshold (450), which i'm assuming will keep me at the same valid until jan 2023 end date. I have (Covid-permitting) a trip in October which will take me to gold (again, at the reduced threshold of 1125TPs) and which I again expect will remain vaild until jan 2023.

Two questions. 1 - is my assumption above (being permitted to fly as planned notwithstanding) correct, and 2 - are the renewal requirements for gold in 2022 going to be at the reduced TP threshold (as per BA's current extension), or will they revert back to the full 1500TPs after my year end collection date?

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by efincomputer
So, forgive me if i'm being a bit thick here, but it's been a long day at work and I am still unclear despite reading the wiki.

I'm a bronze, with a collection year end date of 8th December, and whos status is showing as valid until Jan 2023 (so everything there is as it should be). The scheduling and cancellation gods willing, i'll complete some domestic flights in June which will take me to silver at the reduced TP threshold (450), which i'm assuming will keep me at the same valid until jan 2023 end date. I have (Covid-permitting) a trip in October which will take me to gold (again, at the reduced threshold of 1125TPs) and which I again expect will remain vaild until jan 2023.

Two questions. 1 - is my assumption above (being permitted to fly as planned notwithstanding) correct, and 2 - are the renewal requirements for gold in 2022 going to be at the reduced TP threshold (as per BA's current extension), or will they revert back to the full 1500TPs after my year end collection date?

Thanks
1- Yes your assumption is correct. All flights that you take between 9 December 2020 and 8 December 2021 would count towards status until 31 January 2023.
2- No, for your tier year between 9 December 2021 and 8 December 2022, you would need to earn the regular amount for each tier ( 300/600/1500/5000 TP's respectively ). However, there might be further changes in the future. This is how it stands at the moment.
efincomputer and BertieBadger like this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by NRGsaver
Well, on 29th October 2019 PETER01 posted that there were 283 GGLFL at the end of September 2019.
Check. We now have a hardcore challenge for all BAEC devout nutters, so that we get some proper roaring 2020s, after COVID-19 finally fades.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by peter h
I suppose it's more likely to be people flying for business - a lot! Getting down to £1 per TP is getting pretty convoluted and can take a lot of time! Not ideal for business travel.

If any GGLFL are on here, we'd like to hear your story. PM me first if you've any spare nominations
It was many many years of flying long haul, primarily in J and F. Nothing out of the ordinary, just lots of flying.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by c1223
It was many many years of flying long haul, primarily in J and F. Nothing out of the ordinary, just lots of flying.
Maybe it's time to update the status in your profile
David_Doyle and alex67500 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by peter h
Maybe it's time to update the status in your profile
I'm just the lucky nominee who (unless BA change it) gets Silver for life...!
alex67500, wilsnunn and peter h like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by c1223
I'm just the lucky nominee who (unless BA change it) gets Silver for life...!
and there must be an even luckier nominee who is getting the gold partner card for life

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.