Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
So these are the two questions for everyone:

1. Is anyone getting today's email even when their year end is not within the period 1 July 2021 to 31 December 2021 or the card expiry not within the period 31 August 2021 to 31 January 2022?

2. Is anyone who already had a card expiry from February 2022 onwards also seeing an additional year added today to take that card expiry to February 2023 onwards?
1. No email for 8 April year end.
2. No, logged into new browser and it's 31 May 2022.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by GBOAC
Maybe that should have been a make-or-break question on our first date (which itself was scheduled during long-way-round semi-TP run...) :-P

Apologies for drifting OT, but the above put me in mind of this piece of wisdom...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32892663-post28.html
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Joshm300
It will be interesting to see how this pans out for people like myself who managed to cross from silver to gold (or up a tier) during the 2019-2020 collection year.

Ba’s announcement today is pretty clear that the extension is for anyone with their tier collection year ending in 2021, yet my card is valid until 2022 - I wonder if the card expiry will get pushed into 2023?
My read is that those given a 2023 end date must have an 8 December collection year end date.

So if your collection end date is 8 December 2021 you get extended by a year automatically.

That gives you until 8 Dec 2022 to collect for renewal for the full year that follows (9 Dec 2022 to 8 Dec 2023), but the card always expires at the end of the following month from collection end date - i.e. 31 January 2023.

Anyone getting something later than that is the lucky recipient of BA's accidental IT in their favour it would seem!
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by BertieBadger

Apologies for drifting OT, but the above put me in mind of this piece of wisdom...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32892663-post28.html
Apologies for furthering the dirft
So yes it was very much the opposite with me! We only met (through friends) as a result of me doing an East Coast tier point run, first date facilitated through another indirect TATL routing run (earning 20TP more than direct!). I think I sold a second date on the basis that 'I'm coming back to New York to gain airline status, lets meet up again'. At some level I can very much blame BA tier thresholds for my marriage (I did write to BAEC recounting this in the vague hope of a honeymoon upgrade... but didn't ever get a reply :-( )
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
So these are the two questions for everyone:

1. Is anyone getting today's email even when their year end is not within the period 1 July 2021 to 31 December 2021 or the card expiry not within the period 31 August 2021 to 31 January 2022?

2. Is anyone who already had a card expiry from February 2022 onwards also seeing an additional year added today to take that card expiry to February 2023 onwards?
I can't answer Q1 but the answer to Q2 seems to be no. My wife's Gold Card was already showing as expiring on 31st January 2023 before yesterday's BA announcement (she attained Gold last year and so benefited from not only the year's extension for making Gold but the year's COVID extension too). My card expiry date was 31st January 2022. Mine has moved to 31st January 2023. Her card has stayed at 31st January 2023.
KARFA and BertieBadger like this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
It will be interesting to see how this pans out for people like myself who managed to cross from silver to gold (or up a tier) during the 2019-2020 collection year.

Ba’s announcement today is pretty clear that the extension is for anyone with their tier collection year ending in 2021, yet my card is valid until 2022 - I wonder if the card expiry will get pushed into 2023?

I'd wait a bit - it isn't vital that the adjustment happens immediately, is it? Maybe the app lags behind?

This is mine as of this afternoon:

Last edited by peter h; Mar 10, 2021 at 3:57 pm
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
My read is that those given a 2023 end date must have an 8 December collection year end date.

So if your collection end date is 8 December 2021 you get extended by a year automatically.

That gives you until 8 Dec 2022 to collect for renewal for the full year that follows (9 Dec 2022 to 8 Dec 2023), but the card always expires at the end of the following month from collection end date - i.e. 31 January 2023.

Anyone getting something later than that is the lucky recipient of BA's accidental IT in their favour it would seem!
The email I got said:

That’s why we’ve extended Tier status by another 12 months for those Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2021. This means that any Member renewing in 2021 will enjoy their status for another year, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn.

So, it applies to collection end dates from July to December? There's a bit of ambiguity between collection dates and card expiry dates in the email though.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Credit where it's due BA. I know where I stand and will have a relatively pandemic free year of flying (touch a lot of wood) within which to requalify for GGL. Time for me to start making some plans for Q4 and q1 '11, regardless of what that Shapps fellow says to the contrary
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by SpurMan
...is great for the F Lounges access we wouldn't otherwise have from only flying J. The QF lounge in LAX especially. Very grateful for this BA.
Regrettably it may be a long time before the QF First lounge at LAX reopens. Fingers crossed 🤞 that it will open before QF reinatates firat class service, or that fabulous oasis may never reopen...

Last edited by Muckus; Mar 10, 2021 at 6:33 pm
Old Mar 10, 2021, 9:40 pm

As a GGL / CCR member whose membership runs until Feb 22 (following last years extension) - I don’t anticipate receiving any updates to my account status due to this new development.

This seems to mean that I currently have 11 months to earn my CCR membership (how many TPs even is this nowadays??), which seems fairly tight / impossible given that extensive international travel isn’t possible yet and may not be until mid or late 2021 at best.........
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by peter h
The email I got said:

That’s why we’ve extended Tier status by another 12 months for those Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2021. This means that any Member renewing in 2021 will enjoy their status for another year, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn.

So, it applies to collection end dates from July to December? There's a bit of ambiguity between collection dates and card expiry dates in the email though.
i think there is no ambiguity in the email saying TP collection
Keystone likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:58 am

Out of interest did you get the email today?

I don't expect you will get an extension as you don't need protecting, your status won't drop from July-December 2021. You may get one, but I don't think that is the intention.
Hi KARFA - nope, I didn't get an email. Fully aware i'm the last person who needs extending at the moment, I suspect it's wishful thinking on my part.
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by baflyer999
how many TPs even is this nowadays??

it would be 75% of the normal GGL renewal for GGL, and 75% of the threshold for the normal CCR card threshold.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Muckus
Regrettably it may be a long time before the QF First lounge at LAX reopens. Fingers crossed 🤞 that it will open before QF reinatates firat class service, or that fabulous oasis may never reopen...
It'll be next February before I'll be there, so I can but hope. If they only keep the OneWorld Business lounge open, then that's going to be rammed as travel picks up again.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:46 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver

I'm in exactly the same position as you in terms of promotion in 2019 (same dates too). Have been Nov 2022 expiry since the last extension.
Don't expect an extension to Nov 2023 this time. Its ambiguous, but in reality the extensions relate to card expiry dates in 2022 rather than collection year ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.