Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by NUGGETT
I have silver status due to expire Jul 8th i had 900 points so will qualify till 2021 anyway i got a years extension thankyou but my expiry is still august 2021 where is my years extension ? surely with extension and silver it should be 2022 ?
Welcome to FlyerTalk NUGGETT. Firstly, just to make you aware the system will limit you to a total of just 5 posts in the first 24 hours. After that you can post freely.

Assuming you started as Silver as of July 9th 2019 and you were retaining your existing status, then BA's position is that your "extension" was applied concurrently to the year that you had already earned, i.e. it is not a meaningful "extension" in any sense for you. You may argue - and many will join you - that this in no way implements the offer BA made in its email to members. After all, it promised you "12 months extra" (emphasis mine) and "more time to enjoy your benefits" but in fact the outcome is that your benefits run to August 2021 with or without this "extension".

Nonetheless, this is the current BA stance on the matter. I can only suggest that your voice your displeasure by complaining to them as others are doing.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: silver ba
Thanks Bertie, as i thought no benefit at all to me .
Do you know how i can complain have tried calling but cant get through is there an email ?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:15 am

Do you know how i can complain have tried calling but cant get through is there an email ?
You have to use a WebForm, available on BA.com. You may see some posters make reference to emailing BA but that is only available to Gold Guest List members, regular Gold and below have to use the form.

So: BA.com -> "Help and Contacts" near the bottom of the homepage -> scroll down to the bottom and you should see "All Other Inquiries". Open that and you should see the link to the email form. Follow that link and you should see 3 tabs, the middle of which is "Email us". You can fill in the form there.

(Ignore the "Executive Club" link there btw, that's just phone numbers etc.)

Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
I am yet to receive an extension - renewal is mid December. The call centre say it will extend in December, which quite contradicts the website and email details. Still, as my long hauls are all Africa, I can't see this being relevant for another 3 or 4 months.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
BA - great news - everyone’s getting an extension!

Me - woo hoo!

BA - but you’re not getting one.

Me - why?

BA - because that’s how it works. Let us look at your account and account history

Me -

BA - not good enough. We don't want your kind of loyalty. Get a June end date - then we can talk.

Me... ??

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; Jul 10, 2020 at 7:15 am
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by umgowah
I am yet to receive an extension - renewal is mid December. The call centre say it will extend in December, which quite contradicts the website and email details. Still, as my long hauls are all Africa, I can't see this being relevant for another 3 or 4 months.
whats your current card expiry date?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
This is a good place to start your complaint about the inequalities in the one year extension:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...service-portal

It's best to do it in writing so that you can fully appreciate the ridiculous things you are being told, one of my highlights was being told that members are benefitting either from the reduced tier point threshold or the one year extension.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74
...one of my highlights was being told that members are benefitting either from the reduced tier point threshold or the one year extension.
Good grief! Even though the email says (emphasis mine).

"What’s more, it will be even easier to retain your Gold status next time you’re up for renewal, as we’ve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%."

I would absolutely echo the point to complain in written form, to get a record of what you are told. If nothing else, it might bring some light relief.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
BA - not good enough. We don't want your kind of loyalty. Get a June end date - then we can talk.

Me... ??
It does seem very harsh, especially looking at this from my June 8th vantage point. I would not be surprised to see a further change to include July 8ths too.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
It does seem very harsh, especially looking at this from my June 8th vantage point. I would not be surprised to see a further change to include July 8ths too.
But if July, why then not August?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ENTP
But if July, why then not August?
Yep - and this is where BA's fixed month-end comes into play. If they had been able to change year-end dates, then they might have been able to come up with a more equitable model. As it happens, it's 12 months or nothing for any extension as far as I can see. But I do think that having extensions right out to summer 2023 has highlighted a glaring inequity in this process.

If they'd have been able to get everyone into 2022, it would have looked like an extension. I would have been OK with a 5 or 6-month extension which might have given me a fighting chance of re-qualifying. But having to earn even the reduced TPs with infections in the US and South America soaring and other countries blocking travellers from the UK really isn't going to happen. And for me, I either earn 2250 or nothing. Anything inbetween won't make any difference other than the Avios earned.
AdBoy and gcuk like this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GFL GGL/CCR, VS Lifetime Gold
My year ends Aug. I’m GGL/CCR. Currently have 2620 TPs. Can a July end member in this position confirm if CCR was renewed? Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2020, 2:16 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
There will always be inequalities, some you win some you lose. Frankly I do not expect to get an extra year just because i requalified this year. the extension is supposed to be for people who cannot fly enough this year. and it serves that and a bit more. frankly good on them for encouraging new ggls member to go for it and giving, probably unintentionally, an extra year.
thank you for that post nufnuf77
Old Jul 10, 2020, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I really hope you didn't send this visual to BA. Their view may be, you're a loyal sucker anyway, so why bother?!
ThatT1Feeling and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Forgive my ignorance on this subject but I can't seem to find an answer in the thread (and I tried searching, apologies if I missed it). My Tier Point year ended early May 2020, I had more than enough points to renew as Silver, so that's fine, and my status has been extended to the end of June 2022. Am I right in thinking that I have no tier point obligation in the next 10 months, but in the following year (starting May 2021) I'll just have to collect my normal renewal amount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.