Search

BA via Twitter

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
BA via Twitter

I sent BA a message via Twitter yesterday with a problem in my booking (multi leg itinerary--all legs show on BA but one is missing on AA and AA told me to go back to BA). Anyway I send the message and get an instant automated reply saying "i will pass this info on to an agent. Please provide name, address, PNR, and last 4 of your payment card". Well that was yesterday afternoon I did this and still no response. AA usually takes about 30 minutes max to directly provide an answer. Is BA in the dark ages with technology?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:14 am

I usually find the BA Twitter team to be quite good. They’re probably a bit snowed under at the moment

By the way, did you book thru BA? And is the missing flight booked under an AA code whilst the others are on BA codes? This could explain why it’s missing on AA.com
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I usually find the BA Twitter team to be quite good. They’re probably a bit snowed under at the moment

By the way, did you book thru BA? And is the missing flight booked under an AA code whilst the others are on BA codes? This could explain why it’s missing on AA.com
yes I booked dfw-mad-lhr-bud-lhr-dfw on BA.com. All segments are ticketed and confirmed on BA.com with seat assignments. However when I view the itinerary on AA.com there is a segment missing--the lhr-bud flight. AA said they can see the segment in the BA issued ticket but it's not showing for them so I need to contact BA.
Accurate advise?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is the LHR-DFW leg on BA or AA? It is common segments to be missed out (particularly between AA and BA) if the flights aren't directly connecting.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
Is the LHR-DFW leg on BA or AA? It is common segments to be missed out (particularly between AA and BA) if the flights aren't directly connecting.
The last leg, lhr-dfw is AA metal
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
agreed. it seems the missing sector on AA MMB is a BA one LHR-BUD and it doesn't connect to any AA flights so I don't see any issue here with what the OP sees. The master PNR (the BA one) should show everything and as long as that is the case then it is fine. The AA PNR will only show AA sectors and anything directly connecting to/from an AA sector - therefore the BA LHR-BUD would normally be missing.

I don't see any problem here tbh
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:42 am

I had this issue before and when I rang BA they told me that when you book a mixed carrier itinerary of BA & AA via BA.com it creates 2 AA record locators, one which only has the AA flights with a BA number on them or connecting off an AA flight and a second record locator with all the flights. The first one is the one you’re directed to from BA.com when you go to choose your seats
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

okay thanks for the replies folks.
andymcdonnell likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

one more question--when I check in at DFW for my AA operated but BA ticketed flight go to AA right? I haven't flown a code share in years so I'm rusty.

The same on the return when I go to T3 er....T2 AA operated BA ticketed--check in at BA?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
one more question--when I check in at DFW for my AA operated but BA ticketed flight go to AA right? I haven't flown a code share in years so I'm rusty.

The same on the return when I go to T3 er....T2 AA operated BA ticketed--check in at BA?
you always go to the check in desk of the operating carrier, so at DFW that would be aa.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

On codeshares you always go to the operating airline. So for AA operated flights you currently go to T2 but this may change so keep an eye on this. The only exceptions I can think of, globally, is a few cases where an operating airline isn't represented in an airport, and so the codeshare does the handling. In some places the airport itself does all handling, there isn't an airline presence at all. That would just be very small airports with very few flights. But for 99% plus of cases, all codeshares mean report to the airline of the prime code.

I concur with the other points regarding visibility on multi airline bookings in BA.com (and elsewhere): the key reason incidentally is due to the fact that AA is on Sabre, BA is on Amadeus for their GDS. The only things that go down the interface is a minimum list of data, anything unnecessary to operations doesn't go across. And some things necessary to operations don't always make it either.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
If it's AA operated on the return then go to AA.

Can you imagine the complexity if people went to desk of the ticketing carrier (if one even exists)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.