FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lloyd’s upgrade - book by / fly by (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2019313-lloyd-s-upgrade-book-fly.html)

gilbertball Jun 9, 2020 8:06 am

Lloyd’s upgrade - book by / fly by

Afternoon all

I’ve read conflicting information on this.

Does a Lloyd’s upgrade voucher need to be booked by or outbound flown by the expiry date?

Thank you

gb

pauldb Jun 9, 2020 8:21 am

Booked by

Mr.JimmyFlyer Jun 9, 2020 11:59 am

Yes, booked by.

I have two vouchers to redeem and they have both been extended to the end of September 2020 due to COVID-19, so I have until then to book.

mike turnbull Jun 10, 2020 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Mr.JimmyFlyer (Post 32442786)
Yes, booked by.

I have two vouchers to redeem and they have both been extended to the end of September 2020 due to COVID-19, so I have until then to book.

They're currently extending to the end of November, with another management review imminent. You might want to call if you want to try for a further extention.
I shall book one of mine, one way, by the end of November to somewhere in the Zone I want, knowing I can change the destination/date next year sometime when things are a bit more certain.

sb1982 Jun 10, 2020 2:04 am

Originally Posted by mike turnbull (Post 32444200)
They're currently extending to the end of November, with another management review imminent. You might want to call if you want to try for a further extention.
I shall book one of mine, one way, by the end of November to somewhere in the Zone I want, knowing I can change the destination/date next year sometime when things are a bit more certain.

Avios has told me that the Lloyds upgrade voucher is now only being extended for 3 months, as of 1 June - if your flight is cancelled.

Also, can you clarify, if I make a booking with the voucher, don’t you lose it if you want to make a change to an Avios booking where there are no cancellations (esp if you make the change after the voucher had expired)?

Mr.JimmyFlyer Jun 10, 2020 5:29 am

Originally Posted by mike turnbull (Post 32444200)

Thanks Mike! That's good to know. I don't really want to have to book both flights by the end of September given the potential uncertainty about restrictions and also the level of service provided airside and onboard.

Mr.JimmyFlyer Jun 10, 2020 5:36 am

Originally Posted by sb1982 (Post 32444213)
Avios has told me that the Lloyds upgrade voucher is now only being extended for 3 months, as of 1 June - if your flight is cancelled.

Also, can you clarify, if I make a booking with the voucher, don’t you lose it if you want to make a change to an Avios booking where there are no cancellations (esp if you make the change after the voucher had expired)?

In the past I have made three different changes on one booking that had used the Lloyds upgrade voucher. If you cancel the booking you will lose the voucher and get a full refund on fees and the avios spent. However if you call the Avios number and explain that you just want to change your booking, you can do so, and apply the voucher to the new booking. One of the restrictions is that the new flights have to be in the same zone. Also, in the past I when I have changed an upgrade voucher booking, if your new dates are now on a peak travel day, that is also fine. They will simply transfer the extra avios that are needed from your BA Exec account over to the avios account. As long as you have them in the first place, obviously!

cfbaec Jun 10, 2020 9:36 am

Afternoon all, I booked a flight with a Lloyds Voucher last November. It's now looking like the event that I was planning to attend (this October) will be postponed until the following Spring. Does anyone know if I'd be able to move the date of a flight to next March (i.e. more than a year after the ticket was issued)?