Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not a single seat is blocked off on my flight!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

So I’ve just had a look on EF for my flight in December (Bergamo to Gatwick) and every seat is available. The usual buffer seats behind CE aren’t blocked off and even Row 1 is open (I’m Blue). I had a look and other LGW flights in December have the standard seats blocked off so what’s going on?

Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Hopefully it will still say British Airways on the side of the plane not Level.
ISTFlyer and James91 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
BA A320's generally have overwing emergency exits on row 11 & 12.
This seat-map seem something different.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Ex BMI?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:16 am

Not the Gatwick ones with no forward wardrobe at row 1. It’s just a standard G-GAT 177 seat layout.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Ex BMI?
Originally Posted by Jumbodriver
Not the Gatwick ones with no forward wardrobe at row 1. It’s just a standard Gatwick 177 seat layout.
Thanks for the warning, I just assumed that it was one of the 180 seater configurations when I saw row 30.
Thanks for alerting me.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for the warning, I just assumed that it was one of the 180 seater configurations when I saw row 30.
Thanks for alerting me.
If - on short haul - you don't see a 1D and a 1F then it's a G-GATx aircraft, the fleet of LGW aircraft bought in from Wizzair and TAM.
ISTFlyer and wilsnunn like this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Yeah as others have said it’s a G-GAT* aircraft. But as to why not one seat is blocked off, does anyone know? Doesn’t it seem very strange?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Yeah as others have said it’s a G-GAT* aircraft. But as to why not one seat is blocked off, does anyone know? Doesn’t it seem very strange?
I'm trying to understand why you think it is strange. At some point they will insert a buffer zone between CE and ET, but since it's so far off, it's just not under any flight control radar yet, and indeed has no status passengers booked to it either. There isn't much point managing the flight at this stage, particularly since the relevant outsourced team isn't fully working at the moment, but that will come in a few weeks/month.
jerry a. laska and aidy like this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:44 am
Original Poster

The reason I find it strange is that every other flight has these standard seats blocked off, even shorthaul flights in April 2021!

This seems to be an issue unique to Bergamo, as even the flights in August and September have nothing blocked (including row 1).

So I was just wondering is it an indication that the route may be cancelled or just a glitch?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
So I was just wondering is it an indication that the route may be cancelled or just a glitch?
I doubt any decision has been made on Bergamo yet. Perhaps it would be worth having another look at this in November.
jerry a. laska likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.